Utada Tour Petition

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...7>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Utada Tour Petition
Administrator
A/S/L
So, looks like this petition WAS successful in some way ...
unstickying this topic~

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2010/1/26 15:57
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

dral wrote:
to be honest, i believe that she will eventually hold a concert in the states. i think there are doubts whether it will be successful, evident from the record sales (which is not that well). perhaps with more support, it will be realized sooner.

she notices that as well.... =/ if only america was more open minded about stuff
Posted on: 2009/9/7 20:12
  •  Hikki4life4ever
      Hikki4life4ever
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L _/Female/Pye Green,UK
I Signed! Anyways, I want her to come to the UK for once.

Love is like a mix of extremes: anxiety and peace - 宇多田 ヒカル / Utada Hikaru
Posted on: 2009/9/6 4:11
  •  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
yes I hope that promotion for Utada is continue here in the states.

I also think that her appearing in anything that can showcase her music would be good, although that would be very hard too.

Hopefully with the petition at least they will give her some promotion and maybe a tour could be consider. I also think a big tour in large venues would be difficult to feel up with the current small fanbase she has compare to other artist. But a small tour/ live performances in major cities and well known venues of modest size capacity like House of Blues could be good venues that she would be able to sell out if not close to selling out.
Posted on: 2009/9/5 22:47
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
i think what hikaru can do is to join music festivals and whatnot so she could showcase her new material to a wider audience. touring the states is very difficult considering its a hundred times bigger than japan (united 2006 tour which she performed twice per location).

what they can also do is make more videos for the song to further the promotion.

its a business and if hikaru is going to do a tour in the US, they will make sure that they will not lose out financially with it. if there is little demand for the tour, i think it won't happen.

although im a very big fan of hikaru and would definitely go to a concert if there ever is one. go! go! hikaru!
Posted on: 2009/9/2 11:39
  •  dral
      dral
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M
to be honest, i believe that she will eventually hold a concert in the states. i think there are doubts whether it will be successful, evident from the record sales (which is not that well). perhaps with more support, it will be realized sooner.

Posted on: 2009/8/31 9:07
  •  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
Sorry for the late reply

Yes you have a point about contacting the company/person she contracted for her promotional activities. I just assumed Island Def Jam would be the one promoting her. Thank you for pointing this important detail, I have edited the petition a bit and added THE DOOR as part of the target.

As to contacting Caroline Bubnis I think it?s a good idea to ask her if Utada will continue/resume any further promotional activities.

Also to those who have signed the petition thank you very much!

Keep spreading the word and let?s show Utada that her fans have support for her!

http://www.gopetition.com/online/30096.html
Posted on: 2009/8/30 18:46
  •  lollercoaster
      lollercoaster
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I wonder... would it just be best to contact the company she contracted for PR, THE DOOR, instead? Maybe not many of you read the JETAANY interview, but she explained her decision to take the initiative and hire someone who could do what IDJ apparently was not concerned enough to do. The media coordinator named at the end of the piece was Caroline Bubnis, a former event manager at Harrison & Shriftman and director of media relations at Epic Records.

Now my question is, would it just be an overreaction to this whole thing to contact her directly with regards to the status of Utada's account? She is still listed as a client (as is Michael Jackson, so who knows how accurate the graphic is). Because their official site, thedooronline.com, is still accessible,I'm assuming that the company still exists (which is a bad assumption, I know, but we don't have much else to go on). Also, has anyone contacted U3 Music and IDJ directly (besides posting at Utada.com)? From my impressions on a few recent threads, no replies were received.

So, what say you?
Posted on: 2009/8/15 17:23
  •  kuromaguro
      kuromaguro
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/M/London
thx aquaticdragons, for making this petition ;)
Posted on: 2009/8/14 4:20
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 17/F/CA
Posted on: 2009/8/13 22:30
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...7>