Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
Re: Ju-on on Wii
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Most of Hollywood movies that a remake from original movie suck. I'm not even watch the US version and don't want to watch.

Back on topic

Ju On, might the first real horror game on next gen console since RE 5 not even a horror game anymore
Posted on: 2009/8/5 20:34
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Hazumuchan wrote:
1) I saw The Grudge 3. It was okay... but not quite as scary as I would have hoped from The Grudge series. It turned more into a hack-and-slash type of thing. I'd much rather watch Hostel II

2) Parasite Eve rocks! I loved the first game and want to read the books and see the movie (although those have nothing to do with the games).

3) I just hope that the Ju-On Wii game does the franchise some justice. The only horror movie/game combination that ever seemed to be worth anything separately and together was Sweet Home.

We'd have no Resident evil if there was no Sweet home,you got that right.That last attempt at a grudge movie was wow.I didn't watch more than an hr of it.I think less.Around 23 mins.
Posted on: 2009/8/5 16:06
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Well no Aya.Because it was really,Book-->Movie-->game,actually a direct sequel to the book.Aya wasn't present as a character in the original story.

Seconding this.
Posted on: 2009/8/5 14:29
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

Hazumuchan wrote:

2) Parasite Eve rocks! I loved the first game and want to read the books and see the movie (although those have nothing to do with the games).

OMG there is Parasite Eve the first game player here , yeah the first game were awesome . The storyline very original haven't read the books though. Sequel disappointed and right now waiting PE 3rd anniversary on PSP XD

Wait did you say the movie, is there any Parasite Eve movie. I love to see who the cast of Aya Brea ?

Well no Aya.Because it was really,Book-->Movie-->game,actually a direct sequel to the book.Aya wasn't present as a character in the original story.Read the book.It got published in english already.It is just as complying as the game's story.The movie was stationed more like a horror,but I didn't get that feel from the book.The game actually had it though.Nice work with a horror RPG.They never made another attempt at something like it though.Fuck up or not(not that it did,the game was very successful),it's an interesting take on a game.

And I couldn't get Ju-On to run on my wii for some reason...maybe I may need to update it -_-.So long Homebrew Channel.
Posted on: 2009/8/5 9:50
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

Hazumuchan wrote:

OMG there is Parasite Eve the first game player here , yeah the first game were awesome . The storyline very original haven't read the books though. Sequel disappointed and right now waiting PE 3rd anniversary on PSP XD

Wait did you say the movie, is there any Parasite Eve movie. I love to see who the cast of Aya Brea ?
Posted on: 2009/8/5 4:10
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
1) I saw The Grudge 3. It was okay... but not quite as scary as I would have hoped from The Grudge series. It turned more into a hack-and-slash type of thing. I'd much rather watch Hostel II

3) I just hope that the Ju-On Wii game does the franchise some justice. The only horror movie/game combination that ever seemed to be worth anything separately and together was Sweet Home.
Posted on: 2009/8/5 3:56
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Kyoufu Taikan:Ju-On is out today.But won't be in my clutches til tomorrow.I haven't heard anything too bad yet.Though they say that you guide your direction with the ENTIRE wiimote not the d-pad and you hold be to walk foward and down to move back.In terms of scares it's been said that they are good to go.You have this RE4/5 reaction thing for some cutscenes which will result in a game over if you don't get it right.Also they say the game play is pretty linear.Like "BOO,RUUUUNNN.I GOTtA THE KEY TO GET OUT OF HERE!YES I GOT THE KEY!YES I'M OUT OF THAT PLACE" then go back to BOO and repeat."Good games are prone to be linear",which is true so I can't get too angry about that.

edit: I might actually get a review for you guys by 8 or 9pm EST.
Posted on: 2009/7/30 10:10
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Grasshopper Studios are the reigning king of Cel-shaded games.Killer 7 had the most uneasy feeling to it.No more Heroes though hilarious expressed gore and tension very well.You just got to know how to do it.Atlus is close in 2nd,Digital Devil Saga's war torn atmosphere was beautifully done through the style.The environmental lighting could have even made it pass off as a little horror inspired too.But they didn't place the camera in such a way for it to feel such.It's a RPG after all.This would look amazing with a nice manga look.Junji ito could do the art.
Posted on: 2009/7/8 15:17
  •  hikki_is_my_homegirl
      hikki_is_my_homegirl
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 30-US
The Ring is my favorite scary movie of all time, it was so amazes to me, i have the first two japanese movies although with the americans and i have seen Ringu0 and Raisn. The Ring book was amazing as well although i did not care for Spiral or Loop, Birthday had answers though

Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

Macdan wrote:
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

Macdan wrote:
It looks good... at least the screenshot looks good... but I think the graphics would be even better or scarier on PS3... lol

I wish they release also on PS3 its gonna be awesome on everything.

Btw on JU-ON no one survive right, so what will happen to us who play it

I guess, when you beat the final boss of the game, then the boss end up killing you? that is how everyone dies... hahaha

I wish they also made a The Ring : The Game
And if you don't finish the game in 7 Days you will die IRL
Posted on: 2009/7/8 12:59
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
I just wish they would have Cel-shaded it....I know I say that a lot but it would have worked.BEAUTIFULLY.

Really? isn't gonna be funny than spooky
Posted on: 2009/7/8 2:42
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>