Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
Re: Delete inactive members?
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
It remind me about my another email, after few months not check it it gone... i dont know how many months before deleted automaticly..... I think email have that kind program.

Uhmmm logging thingy, i don't think it is a problem... since if you used firefox there always question do you want this firefox to remember the pass or not, i thing it already help just like ayehunny said.

About nothing new on discussion why don't created it, well as long it is okay and not against the rule like:

Hikki and alcohol i think it is okay like a question what kind booze hikki drink, and one think n common about hikki and ayehunny both of them were love booze XD lol

Hikki Fashion and etc

we don't have thread about Tech , health, media , politics (if you want lol) here, why dont start it XD

DJ in threa we all know many member were DJ why dont share your knowledge about mix and remix music or sharing between DJ

Just my opinion
Posted on: 2009/9/23 4:57
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
Q is right.

user info is only a few KB of server space whereas messages, pictures, videos, etc. eat up most of the server disk space.

maybe a user who hasn't logged-in for quite a while would be unable to log in.

peace!
Posted on: 2009/9/21 8:01
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
okidoki.

well I don't see the 7500 fans but thousands of inactive accounts. ah well,

thanks for the info etc. ^^
Posted on: 2009/9/21 1:58
Administrator
A/S/L
It is very unlikely that we will be deleting anyone.
There is no technical benefit in doing so, and wont make anything load faster.
The user data itself is probably only a few hundred KB or maybe a couple MB max. Whereas everyones private messages, take up hundreds of MB, or the forum data itself which is also about as big.

I would rather have someone who hasnt been by for a while to be able to still log in. I personally hate it when a site deletes my account for being 'inactive'.

And when you join utadanet, you MUST provide an email. It is needed to ensure you are not a spammer or spambot or incase you forget your password.

And Utada with 7500+ english-speaking fans looks good to me.

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2009/9/20 7:38
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
I don't think either that Utada is searching for forums about herself every now and then, but I am confident that she has at least once been here to check it out. But it wasn't really Hikki I was thinking to show this active forum to, but people in general. People who're not sure if this is a good forum, or people in the US who just heard of her.

This is after all the first forum that comes up if you google like "Utada forum" or "Utada fans". At least on my computer. A guy doing a interview with Utada found us and wanted to know if we had any questions for her.

It is a good way sending e-mails. The only thing is that I don't think we have to enter our e-mail when joining this site, it's just something you add if you want to. And I doubt that many of the inactive members added theirs tbh...

It is not a question if you're loggin in every day, but at least once a year (which is what many hasn't done).

I don't know about the always-stay-logged-in thingy. I have chosen to save my password on this site, and also my nickname, which makes it quite easy for me to log in. I just click in "log in" since my information's always there...

What do the others and the mods think? Is this worth discussing at all? xP
Posted on: 2009/9/20 3:35
  •  dorkie_bunny
      dorkie_bunny
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 16/female/?
Oh yeah same here! I barely log in because all the information is there either way!
Posted on: 2009/9/19 21:27
  •  dorkie_bunny
      dorkie_bunny
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 16/female/?
I'm sorry but I don't think this is necessarily a good idea, because not everyone has the free time to log on every single day to talk about Utada. I (censored)ing love Utada as much as the next person, but I don't log on everyday. I mean whatever, I don't think my opinion really matters but... inactive members may become active again, I don't think it really makes a difference either way. oh well. Not to be rude or anything!!! :) Just stating my opinion like everyone else does la la la laaa!!!!
Posted on: 2009/9/19 21:25
  •  ItsDaveyJ
      ItsDaveyJ
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/m/ny
I think before we start deleting inactive users, the website needs to create a "Automatically Log In" thing. I check this website a lot but I hardly ever log into my account. If we could just enter our passwords once and then be automatically logged in for a decent amount of time then I think deleting inactive users is fine.
Posted on: 2009/9/19 13:55
  •  Hikki4life4ever
      Hikki4life4ever
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L _/Female/Pye Green,UK
I have to agree. If they haven't been on for years just delete them.

Love is like a mix of extremes: anxiety and peace - 宇多田 ヒカル / Utada Hikaru
Posted on: 2009/9/19 9:12
  •  quincye93
      quincye93
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M/USA
I agree with the people before me. I haven't gone on certain sites in months and then returned when some news came up. I don't really see how deleting inactive users would benefit anyone.
Posted on: 2009/9/19 9:05
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>