Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  [Rumor] IDJ Pushing Utada for Grammy Nomination?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Re: [Rumor] IDJ Pushing Utada for Grammy Nomination?
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
she should diffenetly get a grammer!

i would so watch it for the first time!
Posted on: 2009/10/16 10:04
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Re: [Rumor] IDJ Pushing Utada for Grammy Nomination?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
An album or a sibgle doesen't have to sell millions in order to win.
Posted on: 2009/10/6 5:21
Re: IDJ Pushing Utada for Grammy Nomination?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/M/Philippines
i like hikki so much but to be honest, this is so impossible...i think in order for you to be nominated or to win in the grammys, the album should sold millions of copies...

but hey, a nomination is good than nothing right? at least she is "somehow" getting credit and recognition at US...
Posted on: 2009/10/5 23:23
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
yes ive the upmost respect for hikaru-chan and it would be amazing for he to be nominated, but i really do not think her songs are grammy nominee qualified...if her fan support is strong enough in america, she can push to be on the ballad, but i think her not being a big star to the US music industry is a major setback...her songs are good though ill admit, but there are too many disadvantages for her than to the rest of the music industry
Posted on: 2009/10/5 17:33
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22/M/Earth
i think utada should get a grammy :D

go hikki!!
Posted on: 2009/10/5 15:46
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
if she is nominated...thats great.

if she wins...well, thats the ultimate accomplishment.

keep tryin'!!
Posted on: 2009/10/5 13:15
  •  ffamran
      ffamran
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
http://pulsemusic.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=gmn&action=display&thread=82723

That's a link to an American music forum, Pulse. The lists were leaked somewhere in the 30s, and I see one member saved the lists and copy/pasted "best female pop performance" on page 40. Utada is #145 (it's ordered alphabetically by name, doesn't mean she had the 145th best song or anything)

I think that this would be enough evidence because (1) so many people wouldn't all conspire to pretend those links were there through about 10 pages of forum, and (2) whoever copy/pasted the lists wouldn't have wasted their time making that up.
Posted on: 2009/10/4 18:23
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
I may still have a bitter taste about the whole Hikaru being abducted by aliens during the midst of promotion and her not returning to work to pay too much attention to this.

For me the links are still broken and always were, but I'll put faith in your word.

But I honestly don't think that Hikaru has a chance.
Posted on: 2009/10/4 16:11
  •  ffamran
      ffamran
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

Amaterasu wrote:
Hum!

There are a few things against this case here!

1) None of the links work
2) Googling "Utada" + Grammy gives me no validations on this topic.
3) This album sold a whole (4) copies.

And I own two of them.

The lists were "leaked," meaning they weren't supposed to be there. They were taken down. Actually, I'm not too sure why that happens, as the lists "leak" every year around this time :P

But basically, it's information that only official Grammy people are supposed to know. Fans check it out to see what their favorite artist has submitted.

You can't search it because no one bothered copied down all 3000-ish submissions and put it on a website

Record sales don't really have anything to do with grammy nominations... who knows, maybe the record label submitted it back when they were actually promoting her.
Posted on: 2009/10/4 10:37
  •  ffamran
      ffamran
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
It's confirmed they submitted Utada for at least a few things... I saw it a few days ago when those links were still up.

The thing is, just about anything on any major record label can be submitted... it doesn't really mean anything just to be submitted. I don't really think that anything will come out of it for Utada, sadly.

There's around 700 submissions in each category, and the Grammy committee will pick 5 to be nominated. Usually, Grammy people will pick the acts that either (1) sell a LOT... people like Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Kelly Clarkson, Taylor Swift, and Eminem... (2) are ridiculously critically lauded (like Adele last year), or (3) are American icons for like the past 30 years (like Robert Plant last year)

I distinctly remember Utada's "Come Back To Me" in record of the year, song of the year, and best female pop performance, and "This is the One" was submitted for album of the year and best pop vocal album. She wasn't submitted for best new artist though.

"This is the One" has a minuscule chance though because its title kinda points to it to be nominated lol. I remember that something called "Consider This" won some obscure Grammy once.
Posted on: 2009/10/4 10:31
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>