A/S/L
Quote:

Kumachang wrote:
Quote:

prshr wrote:
Quote:

Kumachang wrote:
I'll try to take JLPT 2 next year, gotta study more

Kumachang! I'm also taking level 2 next year!

OMG let's study hard and fail together then! XDDD hahahahaa 頑張ろうぜ 笑

LET'S NOT FAIL! MY PROF'S GOING TO KILL ME IF I FAIL! LOL! せっかく日本に来たのに。。
Posted on: 2010/12/13 14:48
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Re: Who here speaks Japanese?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

prshr wrote:
Quote:

Kumachang wrote:

OMG let's study hard and fail together then! XDDD hahahahaa 頑張ろうぜ 笑
Posted on: 2010/12/13 12:15
  •  prshr
      prshr
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

Kumachang wrote:

Posted on: 2010/12/13 7:09
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Posted on: 2010/12/13 4:42
  •  purefault
      purefault
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/m/usa
I'm currently learning via a small weekly class and a couple other self-teaching methods at home, but it's hard to feel like i'm learning much outside of class since it's so much easier when you can interact or at least learn directly from someone who's Japanese.

I need to get katakana down, but i can read hiragana. i've barely started on kanji...
I'm planning on taking a trip to Japan within the next year or two, so i hope that by then i can be able to at least have somewhat of a decent conversation, although i know that's stretching my hope quite a bit.
i have a couple friends there who both speak English, so that'll help.

i know a lot of people wish they could speak Japanese so they could watch anime without subs, but personally, i just wanna learn so i can travel to Japan and meet people and interact on my own. the country, the culture, and most of all, the people have always interested me.
it's hard to make Japanese friends in my area since my city is small, and i don't think there are any Japanese people living here =/
however, a city a ways away has the Japan Center for my state (where i take my classes), and there are occasional events where a lot of the local Japanese residents come and participate. i'm pretty shy though -.-
heh.

wow, that post was a lot longer than i intended it to be...
Posted on: 2010/12/12 23:59
  •  prshr
      prshr
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I took JLPT last year and passed the level 3.

Now I'm in Japan as an exchange student. It is really hard to talk in a language that you're not even good at.

Even through that, my japanese friends are really nice. They slow down their way of talking and even explain some difficult terms.
Posted on: 2010/11/24 5:45
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

sokuri wrote:

btw, is there anyone else here who has taken the JLPT or is preparing for it??

I keep preparing but I have no confidence on my Nihongo yet. It's hard to self-study because you won't know if the words you've learned are the term that the Japanese are using. Like, if you translate English to Japanese, sometimes you shouldn't use the literal way because you'll get confused of it. And it happens to me a lot.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/11/23 5:26
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I also speak little Japanese and currently self-studying the language with Korean simultaneously.

Even if you don't care about what I'mma gonna say next, after I master both Japanese and Korean I'll proceed to learning both Mandarin Chinese and Spanish.

All of those are needed due to I'm taking a course in Hotel and Restaurant Services in a certain college here in the Philippines.
Posted on: 2010/11/23 1:55
  •  sokuri
      sokuri
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 25/F/Kobe, Japan
返事がちょっと遅く書くね〜ごめん!!今、東京の大学で一年間勉強している。実は私の専門は日本語の言語学だから日本語をたくさん勉強しなくちゃ〜日本語の生活がとても好きだからずっと日本に住むつもりだ。三年前に、東京学芸大学で勉強した。その経験はとても楽しく、面白かったからもう一度、日本で勉強しているわけだ。そして、日本の大学院で勉強したいからJLPTを準備するために漢字とか文法とか単語が上手に成らなくちゃ。
My Japanese writing is definitely a little off but here is a rought translation:

Im sorry for writing such a late reply! I am currently studying at a University here in Tokyo for one year. My major is actually Japanese linguistics and so I have to study a lot of Japanese. I absolutely love the Japanese lifestyle so I am planning on living in Japan continuously. About three years ago I studied in Tokyo for a year as an exchange student at Tokyo Gakugei University and because that experience was so fun and interesting, I decided to study abroad in Japan again. I also decided to study abroad again because I am trying to get into a Japanese grad school and so in order to prepare for the Japanese Language Placement Test (JLPT), I have to improve my kanji and grammar.

btw, is there anyone else here who has taken the JLPT or is preparing for it??
Posted on: 2010/11/23 1:09
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

Kumachang wrote:
Quote:

sokuri wrote:
東京に住んでいるから日本語が分からなければだめだよ!!(笑)実は、四年間ぐらい勉強するのにちっとも日本語が上手じゃない。。日本語がとても難しいと思う。。。

OMG! How can you live over there? :o Are you working in Japan or are you participating in some exchange programme? Waaah, I?m so jealous xDD You?re lucky And who doesn?t think Japanese is difficult anyway?

あぁ! うらやましい なぁ~ 東京行きたいよ. 日本で何がしってる? 私はね, 日本語も難しいと思うけど, 日本が大好きだからすごく頑張ります.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/9/16 10:07
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...8>