123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Re: Final Fantasy XIII new trailer
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Has anyone played FFXIII since the english version has been released and so has the xbox version. I've been totally obsessed with this game ever since it arrived in my mailbox after 1 week of painful waiting. It was such a torture but all worth it. So far I'm 10 hours in the game and I'm loving every bit of the game. Pretty good music and as expected, the graphics are insanely beautiful. Mmm! No complaints for the battle system, it's definitely more FF-like as compared to XII. The characters that have been introduced so far are all quite likeable and gosh, Lightning is hot!

thoughts?
Posted on: 2010/3/23 7:13
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

ramenbox wrote:
Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it. People like to say that games with such state of the art graphics usually have bad gameplays, plots or whatsoever. I haven't read any reviews yet because I don't want my judgment to be affected when I get my hands on the English version of the game. Already pre-ordered it, hopefully it'll arrive safely in time!

Well this is what you'd expect of a title such as this:

Huge hub world with optional bosses and what not(other hidden stuff)
Stylized battle system
Gripping characters
Variety in environments(which I would couple with hub world in a way)
Enthralling Story of heroism

ok

1.There is no hub world,you are always gonna be in the city.None of the PS2 titles truly resorted to one but at least the world on X and XII were vast.You are gonna be in the area of the city the whole game.

2.The battle system is much to get excited about,I was more excited about the original idea they had for it.13's system is just 12's without gambits and single button inputs.12's was just 11's with less menus.However,the system works well I must say.It's just not something new.Still it fits to the game so I supposed they stylized battle system is present.

3.I can't talk much about this as it my ruin things but there is indeed a new fad going in with JRPGs.The character usually prompt as the main character....is the one you come to hear,see and careless of.

4.Well,I can't complain about anything here.It seems as though they deliver,but at the same time the variations of explorable paths are never different.Even with multiple paths you are ending up in the same place.I actually hate getting lost in rpg and maybe that's what they were trying to avoid.Frustrated the player with dead ends and what not.It's linearity could be a blessing more than a curse....but the lack of optional exploration was definitely a bad idea.

5.The characters causes is rather selfish and though I don't mind that...it's not very moving as far as a plot device.
Posted on: 2010/2/4 7:21
Administrator
A/S/L
Quote:

Be0wu1f wrote:
I can't wait for this game to come out im personally thinking about picking up the jp version. And play it till we get it here in the us. These months are taking FOREVER.
YAY ... BEO makes an appearance! ...
... but only when we happen to mention FF haha
Posted on: 2010/1/31 2:03
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it. People like to say that games with such state of the art graphics usually have bad gameplays, plots or whatsoever. I haven't read any reviews yet because I don't want my judgment to be affected when I get my hands on the English version of the game. Already pre-ordered it, hopefully it'll arrive safely in time!
Posted on: 2010/1/31 1:52
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/M/Philippines
final fantasy xiii is on my to buy list as soon as i get home. although in some gaming forums, those who have played the japanese version said that the game is too linear, plus there are no more side quests (i dunno about that, maybe someone can clarify this) and no one is complaining about the new battle system. i'm really excited on playing the game, i can't waith until march 9!
Posted on: 2010/1/28 15:45
Administrator
A/S/L Vana'Diel
I can't wait for this game to come out im personally thinking about picking up the jp version. And play it till we get it here in the us. These months are taking FOREVER.
Posted on: 2010/1/28 15:24
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
as far as I know there is no international version either released or planned.

I read an interview with Kitase who said that since the gap between Jpn / USA release is so small there will be no international version coz they won't have time to add any new features.

However things might change :)
Posted on: 2009/12/22 0:44
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Judging from its marvelous reception, it's not surprising that they release something like an International version with a few extre features. And on second thought, why not since it helps to boost the profit? We all know they're big fat money leechers.
Posted on: 2009/12/21 17:50
  •  flipbeats
      flipbeats
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L male
wow.. to bad there isn't a cologne for this haha.

anyone know if they will have a special edition for this game.. so far i only pre-ordered the regular version

Posted on: 2009/12/21 14:17
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
damnnnn

tat is sum crazy !@#$%$% o_o
Posted on: 2009/12/21 11:50
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>