Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...7>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Anime
guest_Unregistered
Another anime fan here. I've seen too many to mention but I will say that it's thanks to Evangelion that I discovered hikki's music.
Posted on: 2012/8/11 21:14
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
I like Mamoru Oshi and Studio Gibli movie

Well I can't wait for new Naruto movie
Posted on: 2012/7/24 6:40
Administrator
A/S/L Vana'Diel
All GITS is awesome.
Rosario Vampire is well done.
Love ninja scroll
The manga complete to GITS is much better
for futher bavkground and you could get lost in all the
technical talk.
Posted on: 2012/7/15 21:53
  •  Son_Takahani
      Son_Takahani
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 19 / Male / Oregon, USA
A few of these animes I have heard of (such as Samurai Champloo), some of them I have actually seen (Naruto, Bleach), but a lot of these are stranger to me. I'll admit I HAVE read a few Love Hina mangas, but mostly scattered volumes because that's all that my city's public library contains.

HOWEVER, if you were to ask me what my all time favorite anime/manga series was I would have to tell you Rosario + Vampire!! I seriously recommend this series to anyone and everyone! In all honesty though the manga is definitely better than the anime, but even that said the anime was still top notch!

I have already watched the entire anime in Japanese, and plan on watching the english dub on Netflix as soon as I can. I also own 18 out of the 20 volumes that make up the manga, and plan on buying the next 2 volumes when they come out in english in my area. This is how much I love this series.

The theme songs, both opening AND ending, are all done by Nana Mizuki, and they are very well done. Not only is Nana Mizuki a J-Pop artist, but she also does the voice of the singular vampire of the series in the japanese version and in my opinion she does it excellently!

The story is about young Tsukune Aono, and average human boy going into high school. On his way to the school itself he befriends an immensely beautiful girl who is cute as hell, named Moka Akashiya. Moka confides in him that she is a vampire, and he gets surprised by this and thinks she is only kidding at first, so he goes along with it.
He later finds out that the school he got mixed up into has a scary secret (not giving away the whole thing, if it peaks your interest go check it out for yourself) and he now has to live through the entire school year pretty much in fear of everyone around him. As he goes along, however, he makes a few more friends (mostly girls, which is what turns this series into a harem) and wages a few battles against fellow students and teachers alike.
By the end of season 1 the girls within Tsukune's harem are as follows: Moka Akashiya, the girl he truly loves, Kurumu Kurono, the chick with huge boobs that wants him all for herself, Yukari Sendo, the small, flat chested brainiac that is often even more immature than her actual age should suggest, Ruby Tojo, the older masochist girl with a slave/master complex, and Mizore Shirayuki, the cute stalker girl.

In season 2 of the series he returns to the scary school for a second year, and very early on Moka's little sister Koko Shuzen(Kokoa in the anime) is introduced, and right off the bat she starts stirring up a ton of trouble. This is one of the MANY occasions in which the manga trumps the anime, because there are more adventures, and you also get to see Moka's 2 elder sisters in action, as well as getting a taste of their history and problems with why Moka had to move away from the rest of the family. The anime provides a pretty pathetic explanation in comparison, and completely branches away from the mangaka's original plan. In all honesty, the manga is much more extensive that the anime, but the benefit of the anime is that you get to see everything in a moving picture.

This series truly is my favorite, and anyone who has kept reading this message, I thank you for your interest and patience. The original manga is Rosario + Vampire and Rosario + Vampire Season II by Akihisa Ikeda and the anime is Rosario + Vampire and Rosario + Vampire CAPU2

CHECK IT OUT!!
Posted on: 2012/7/15 20:54
  •  Semi
      Semi
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
For anyone that may be interested, we are going to have an anime convention in Vancouver BC, Canada at the Vancouver Convention Center from August 17~19 called Anime Revolution.

We currently have Westjet flight and hotel discounts :)
Posted on: 2012/5/20 11:31
  •  Jayenciel
      Jayenciel
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Taiwan

i miss my childhood
Posted on: 2012/5/3 8:21
  •  Kawashima
      Kawashima
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/F/Poland
Quote:

Jayenciel wrote:
i hated Near actually...cuz the fact that a little brat outwit KIRA so drastically just doesn't make sense(like Inception lol) .Actually I thought of an alternate sequel to Death Note, in the event which Light survives.

I admire Light's intellect and calmness. His intentions were pure but once a man has power, it just keeps growing. I'm not a freak or anything but somehow he triggered a hidden personality of mine, or probably many teenagers. Like those hatred you accumulated and you can relish your anger by simply writing names(convenient huh).I was so possessed but couldn't help it and realised it became a part of me .

However those negative energy kinda subsided after awhile.
I'm learning to control my unstable emotions.
Utada Hikaru impacted me greatly. Her compassion as a human fueled me spiritually and gave me a new aspect of life.
For the first time, I respect a woman so much

speaking of GITS ..im not sure the chronology..where do i start watching from

Have you watched Gurren Lagann too?

I fully understand. What I liked the most about Death Note, was the question: what would you do if you found such a notebook? Hard choice. I admit there is too much evil in the world, there are many people who are a burden. But I'm too big coward too kill, at least I hope I would never use death note. What I disliked about Light was his belief that he is a god, everyone has to obey him. If he only killed criminals, like he wanted to, I'd support him. But killing innocent oneswas unforgivable. Again, you're right, once someone murdered someone, his psyche changes and it's almost impossible to come back. If I had a notebook, I suppose the best thing I could do with it would be saving one card just in case and hide so I woulf find in a trouble. And burn the rest, so nobody would be able to find it. Near. I'm not that surprised he managed to catch Light. After events in 25th episode he felt like he was already a winner, like no one could ever chase him again. You heard about it, when one's becoimig too confident, he starts to do supid mistakes, didn't you? I think that was the key to Near's succes. Did you read "Death Note Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases"? It shows the dark side of Wammy's House, after reading it, I started to feel sorry for both Near and Mello.

If you want to watch tv series it goes like this:

1. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
2. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
3. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society

In this series OST is made by Yoko Kanno.

If you prefer to start from films:

1. Ghost in the Shell
2. Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

OST from films are made from Kawaii Kenji. It doesn't matter where you start. Both stories are completely different, despite of some characters.

Just came to my mind: another masterpiece is Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Neon Genesis Evangelion is also worth watching. I was always amused with this series trying to be more serious than it is in reality.

Gurren Langann? No, I haven't... Well, do you have myanimelist.net account? It's very useful site. Here's mine: MAL. Let's not spam here too much^^
Posted on: 2012/5/2 11:51
  •  Jayenciel
      Jayenciel
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Taiwan
i hated Near actually...cuz the fact that a little brat outwit KIRA so drastically just doesn't make sense(like Inception lol) .Actually I thought of an alternate sequel to Death Note, in the event which Light survives.

I admire Light's intellect and calmness. His intentions were pure but once a man has power, it just keeps growing. I'm not a freak or anything but somehow he triggered a hidden personality of mine, or probably many teenagers. Like those hatred you accumulated and you can relish your anger by simply writing names(convenient huh).I was so possessed but couldn't help it and realised it became a part of me .

However those negative energy kinda subsided after awhile.
I'm learning to control my unstable emotions.
Utada Hikaru impacted me greatly. Her compassion as a human fueled me spiritually and gave me a new aspect of life.
For the first time, I respect a woman so much

speaking of GITS ..im not sure the chronology..where do i start watching from

Have you watched Gurren Lagann too?
Posted on: 2012/5/2 2:27
  •  Kawashima
      Kawashima
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/F/Poland
Quote:

Jayenciel wrote:
Quote:

kayoko wrote:
Dude, please don't dig up old threads, people admit they are lazy enough to go to the second page on forum sections. Just make a new one and people will view and post.
Wow, I have to admit though you went super far back tnget this to the front. =P

damn forum etiquettes ! at least im still on the topic !
oh well..as if we have enough active members already

Don't you think it's better to dig the old thread, than make 100th thread about the same thing? When someone digs old thread, it shows on the forst page. if you don't want to dig, I'm fine with that. But since it's already revived, there's nothing wrong with it as well, I guess...

Back on topic:

I LOVE anime and manga. My first series was "Clannad", a wonderful mix of comedy & tragedy.

Another awesome thing was "Death Note", L is still one of my fauvorite characters. I never liked Kira, his goal wasn't bad, but killing everyone for the sake of utopia... This "utopia" could be only an illusion. That's why I didn't mind Near and Mello. Actually, untill I read a manga called "Liar Game" (it's only a manga, maybe someday tehy will make an anime, now it has a drama and 2 films), I thought "Death Note" is flawless.

Even though I'm not keen on horrors, I don't find them scary at all (I also never cry during watching anything. I just know that whatever I see on tv, is just a film. Since I was a child, I liked series about crimes, mysteries and stuff like that), I must admit "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" is amazing. 2nd season beats the first (!).

"Bokurano" - once again, totally worth watching. Psychological drama, tragedy. The whole story is very cruel. And it has awesome opening, made by Chiaki Ishikawa, "Uninstall".

"Toradora!" - I don't like love stories... Toradora isn't a stupid one, though. Very funny and heartwarming.

Finally, "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex". It's impossible to hate Tachikoma! And Laughing Man's part, he best thing in the show. And I agree about Yoko Kanno, along with Yuki Kajiura, one of the best somposers EVER.
Posted on: 2012/5/1 4:17
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Wow dang...old stuff this is...
Posted on: 2012/4/30 23:45
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...7>