Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  Help Utada Get On The Ellen Degeneres Show!!!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...9>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Help Utada Get On The Ellen Degeneres Show!!!
Administrator
A/S/L
PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC ...

For the past few pages, this thread has gone inappropriately off topic.
Though some have tried to keep it on subject,
I am locking this topic now
and rebooting it HERE

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2010/1/31 1:33
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Is it entirely confirmed that her voice is bad in the morning or was it coincidentally that her voice was bad during the morning Come Back to Me performance because of her tonsillitis? Either way, I think she'll be able to pull it off well if she gets sufficient rest. (hopefully)
Posted on: 2010/1/31 1:22
  •  ItsDaveyJ
      ItsDaveyJ
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/m/ny
I think the show is taped really early. I'm pretty sure people start arriving to the studio around 5am?

I would seriously doubt they would give her time to do 2 songs. She would likely be 1 of several artists represented for a special "international musician" episode. If anything, she may have to perform a shorter version of the song.

I admit that Utada's singing early in the morning isn't as good as in the afternoon. However, as long as she eats well for a few days before, kept her voice in good condition, and does her vocal warm ups then she should sound fine. Also as Shurikid pointed out, CBTM is a rather difficult song to sing compared to DD.
Posted on: 2010/1/30 16:51
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
If Hikki sang, "This One" I would be ecstatic. She could sing it so good and totally wow the audience.

Lawl, she should just do a mash-up of "This One", "Dirty Desire" and "On and On". That would be so cool! ;D
Posted on: 2010/1/30 15:41
  •  quincye93
      quincye93
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M/USA
(Ignoring Pips) I think that if Utada were to get on Ellen she should sing "On and On" because its a fun song or "This One" because I really want it to be a single. Hopefully should could get an interview too.
Posted on: 2010/1/30 15:38
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
@ Kayako; I don't think whatever guest Ellen chooses is scheduled to appear anytime soon. Hikki wraps up her tour in mid-February and it's possible Ellen won't even have decided by then; you know how these fan input things go, they take forever to conclude. What I'm wondering is whether Hikki would be appearing solely as a musical guest or whether she would get an interview, performance time, the whole shindig. This entire event is so vague. But it's nice that people are sending lots of requests, since it shows the executives that there's a following and they could potentially boost ratings by selecting the most popular choice.

@ JudgeJamster: Well, the good thing is that neither "Dirty Desire" nor "On and On" are quite as difficult to sing as "Come Back to Me." CBTM is just plain impossible if your voice isn't completely prepared. And of course we know Utada CAN sing it, since she's sounded fantastic at the concerts as far as I can tell (certainly at the LA show, which I attended), so I think her voice just prefers to sing AFTER the sun has risen. But either way, I think she'll be able to sing "On and On" and, certainly, "Dirty Desire" (which is 90% talk-singing) just fine. :3
Posted on: 2010/1/30 15:09
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18 / M / Salem, Oregon
Quote:
Is Ellen on in the early morning? I never watch that show honestly, but I always worry about Hikki's early morning performances; her voice seems to need some waking up, and it's my opinion that she generally sounds much better the later she's singing. I know Ellen is on during the day, but my impression was that it was mid-day or early afternoon.

Either way, I would love to hear Hikki sing "On and On", but it would be overall more practical for her to perform "Dirty Desire" given that it's the new single. What would be really cool is if she could do two songs, and she kind of mixed DD and "On and On", the way she does that really smooth segue from "Kremlin Dusk" to YMMWBM in most of her live concerts- so that the songs are still complete and separate, but they seem the same in a way. :3

Thankfully Ellen airs around 3 or 4 in the afternoon...although I am not sure when they film the show, hopefully not too early, because you reminded me how Hikki sounded on that L.A. morning show singing Come Back to Me. Hopefully they air it at a good time and she will stun people with her awesomeness.

I think a medley of On and On and Dirty Desire would be awesome! I really wish more artists would so that, we see so little of it nowadays.

Like for example, a lot of the songs on Abbey Road from the Beatles are linked, on the White Album as well. David Bowie as you probably know did that on the Heroes album. I love how Utada used that in HEART STATION and her live Kremlin Dusk/YMMWTBAM.
Posted on: 2010/1/30 14:43
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
i'll have submit a request to ellen..but i think with hikaru's tour going on..ellen will invite her sometime after the tour..

and i think i know what you mean shurikid on the smooth transition. lots of cd's dont cut off between songs anymore..the ending of song 1 is the what i call 'pre-intro' to song 2..
Posted on: 2010/1/30 14:22
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
We had a had an Ugandan gay nationalist return home to Uganda from America he had his toes cut off with a pair of pliers ?.the lectures he gave were heart breaking he will never see his family again, and I hear this bullsh*t from ?so called? I am not even going to call these scum LGBT right campaigners, he was reported by these stinking American Evangelicals?.it makes me sick ?
Posted on: 2010/1/30 14:00
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Quote:

JudgeJamster wrote:
Quote:

ultra_blu wrote:
Sounds like a plan :)

I think probably Dirty Desire. I hope she does some proper promo after the concert :)

Agreed! Hikki did say that after the tour she was gonna be doing some more promoting for Dirty Desire, so that would be a prime opportunity! And with Dirty Desire climbing up the dance charts, maybe this is a sign of good things to come for her. ESPECIALLY if she sang it on Ellen, and as good as she sang it for the tour.

Is Ellen on in the early morning? I never watch that show honestly, but I always worry about Hikki's early morning performances; her voice seems to need some waking up, and it's my opinion that she generally sounds much better the later she's singing. I know Ellen is on during the day, but my impression was that it was mid-day or early afternoon.

Either way, I would love to hear Hikki sing "On and On", but it would be overall more practical for her to perform "Dirty Desire" given that it's the new single. What would be really cool is if she could do two songs, and she kind of mixed DD and "On and On", the way she does that really smooth segue from "Kremlin Dusk" to YMMWBM in most of her live concerts- so that the songs are still complete and separate, but they seem the same in a way. :3
Posted on: 2010/1/30 13:59
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...9>