Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Archived
     'In The Flesh' 2010 Tour
   is utada going to damage her voice from the tour?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: is utada going to damage her voice from the tour?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22/M/Earth
wow im worried now as well >_< . . i hope hikki doesnt hurt herself

drink more water hikki ^__^v
Posted on: 2010/2/8 10:38
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
I'm more worried about the peritonsillitis than anything.
Posted on: 2010/2/8 8:39
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Male/25/NJ
Utada will be fine. She's grown as a singer and artist in this album. As a singer, myself I noticed a stark difference in her vocal strength, control, and range. She's not singing from her throat as much. (A common mistake most singers make.) She also probably did more vocal exercises to boot. When you hurt your voice once, you do your best to not do so again. Especially if you're as active as she is.

No need to worry...if anything, she'll probably be tired. Oh and to the cold water thing....warm tea with lemon is probably much better for you when at all possible. (Not IF, you notice, WHEN) It's something singers do when they are having issues, especially. That being said...I can't wait for tonight.
Posted on: 2010/2/8 6:10
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Lol... this is so silly, she won't damage her voice cause lesson learned right... from UU concert, well even so... if she damages her voice it because she giving her all over 9000!!!!!
Posted on: 2010/2/8 5:23
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
UU was performed without rest in between or maybe I should rephrase, minimal rest. I remember watching the MC before Hikari. She said something like don't worry, there will be another concert tomorrow (she almost fell down). There's more time for rest this time around. Yeah, I notice how she starts off soft too. For instance Kremlin Dusk and she sounds a bit different during the AHHHH parts in YMMWTBAM. Perhaps she has learned not to use too much "brutal force" on her voice? Lol. Broken straws? She mentioned something like that eh but I couldn't really hear it clearly because the crowd was laughing really happily. What happened to the "broken straw"?
Posted on: 2010/2/8 5:10
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Well after listening to audio in the flesh recording tour, she doesn't sing all out like in UU06. Its more softer way, That what i thought about this In The Flesh Tour, maybe part to maintaining her voice not to be damage again .
Posted on: 2010/2/7 19:18
  •  lolstebbo
      lolstebbo
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20/M/US+Taiwan
Quote:

ramenbox wrote:
Instead of screaming "Let's get married, Utada", someone should scream "PLEASE DRINK MORE WATER, UTADA!" during her next live. That might help or in a way remind her. Most probably she was also having too much fun to rehydrate herself.

There's only so much water you can drink with broken straws...
Posted on: 2010/2/6 16:45
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

JudgeJamster wrote:
Continuing the topic of the UU Tour being back to back, I also heard that she performed at each city twice back to back. If that is true, then wow, she would have had like, 40 shows or something. That is waaaay too much for someone that sings like her.

yep 2 shows back to back in each city. crazy stuff.
Posted on: 2010/2/6 13:44
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18 / M / Salem, Oregon
Continuing the topic of the UU Tour being back to back, I also heard that she performed at each city twice back to back. If that is true, then wow, she would have had like, 40 shows or something. That is waaaay too much for someone that sings like her.
Posted on: 2010/2/6 13:09
  •  山本_passion
      山本_passion
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15.
Quote:

ramenbox wrote:
Instead of screaming "Let's get married, Utada", someone should scream "PLEASE DRINK MORE WATER, UTADA!" during her next live. That might help or in a way remind her. Most probably she was also having too much fun to rehydrate herself. Tours are obviously gonna be tiring but let's just hope she's able to cope with the stress that comes with it. There's always a price to pay. Fortunately there's always 1 or 2 days break for her to recover. I'm hoping that she's making full use of the given time to recuperate.

IMO In the Flesh won't do much harm to her voice as compared to UU tour. During UU, her initial voice was great but it got weird and really damaged after Wait & See. She was obviously struggling at the last part. Haha, and yes, since the venues this time are much smaller, she doesn't have the chance to move or dance around much. Too bad but in a way, it's something positive. She can save energy and it won't strain her voice so much.

werent the UU concerts they were back to back too? so that mustve hurt her voice alot
Posted on: 2010/2/6 12:11
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>