12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Re: Songs By Hikki That Have Grown Onto You
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
As with others have said, I loved Exodus from the offset. It's one of my favourite albums, tied with Ultra Blue (I've always loved Utada's experimental side.

Although The Workout took some getting used to. I think the song seemed a bit "awkward" on first listen, but after that I loved it.

A song recently that's REALLY grown on me was "One Night Magic (feat. Yamada Masashi)". I never liked that until recently, despite loving every other track on Ultra Blue.
I was also never really a fan of "traveling". Until recently I never really listened to it, but now I love it.

Also included are:
Stay Gold
Arashi no Megami
Posted on: 2012/5/23 11:01
  •  butthead2k3
      butthead2k3
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Songs i especially like... in no order of preference

1) Goodbye Happiness
2) Arashi No Megami
-haven't really heard of hikaru composing a song similar to the feel of this one
3) First Love
-from the concert, especially Wild Life. It feels and sound different from her album version
4) Can't Wait Till Christmas
5) entire set list from Unplugged

the rest of the stuff which is always on my playlist
1) stay gold
2) time will tell
3) beautiful world
4) celebrate
5) show me love (not a dream)
- can't imagine her with a rocker image though
6) keep tryin
7) nijiiro basu
Posted on: 2012/5/23 1:03
  •  sho_Opao
      sho_Opao
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I think most of the Hikki songs on my playlist have grown on to me. The latest though is Ichiyou no Asa. Others include:

Letters
Time Limit
One Night Magic
Shiawase ni Narou
For You

...to name few.
Posted on: 2012/5/20 11:26
  •  Kawashima
      Kawashima
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/F/Poland
Lots of her songs required more time to get used to them and start to really appreciate them. That would be:

Sakura DROPS
Hikari
COLORS
This is Love

I thought they're okay, but I didn't understand why do people love thise songs so much.

Kairo
Keep Tryin'
A.S.A.P.
Kettobase!
Letters
Nijiiro Bus
+almost whole EXODUS.

I couldn't stand those songs, now I don't even know why. Each of them is so brilliant Yet, some of those are so underrated, I'd never say A.S.A.P. is boring. Exodus IS weird, but you can get used to it and then fall in love with this album. It's one of Hikki's hidden gems, honestly.
Posted on: 2012/5/20 9:05
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Alex0821 wrote:
Pretty much all of Exodus... I didn't really like it when it first came out...
That was me with TiTO, but it's grown on me so much. I know nearly all the words to the songs and end up playing the album when I'm cooking or doing dishes or generally in the kitchen.

I generally dislike most American R&B nowadays because it's cookie cutter, but I think Hikki puts enough of a stamp of her own lyricism and personality on her music that even R&B music can sound wonderful!

A lot of her earliest stuff has grown on me as well. "Time Will Tell" and "Wait and See: Risk" are now among my favorites of her music just as much as "Sakura DROPS" and "Heart Station" are.
Posted on: 2010/4/3 4:05
  •  buzzyrecky
      buzzyrecky
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 16/Male/Hawaii
exodus is tied for my favorite utada album (with ultra blue), which makes it tied for my all time favorite album with maybe 5 others.

I think Hikki's songs are the type of songs that are easy to love from the start (unlike some of my favorite bands like flyleaf, where I take a LONG time to fall in love with all the songs)
Posted on: 2010/4/2 16:58
  •  buzzyrecky
      buzzyrecky
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 16/Male/Hawaii
exodus is tied for my favorite utada album (with ultra blue), which makes it tied for my all time favorite album with maybe 5 others.

I think Hikki's songs are the type of songs that are easy to love from the start (unlike some of my favorite bands like flyleaf, where I take a LONG time to fall in love with all the songs)
  •  buzzyrecky
      buzzyrecky
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 16/Male/Hawaii
sorry, triple post... my netbook is glitchy or something
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

Alex0821 wrote:
Pretty much all of Exodus... I didn't really like it when it first came out, but now I can't get enough (especially Let Me Give You My Love - NEVER thought I'd like that song XD).

I really liked Exodus from the beginning. I thought it was better than people made it out to be.
Posted on: 2010/4/2 15:24
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Pretty much all of Exodus... I didn't really like it when it first came out, but now I can't get enough (especially Let Me Give You My Love - NEVER thought I'd like that song XD).

Also, Kiss and Cry. I used to like it okay, but now I really like that song.
Posted on: 2010/4/2 13:37
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>