A/S/L 22/M/Earth
i hope she doesnt >_<" . .i love you utada!!! <3<3
Posted on: 2010/7/1 1:30
  •  Studebaker
      Studebaker
Re: Utada may withdraw from the US
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Ugh, I hate it when fans get so entitled. Betch makes music when she wants, where she wants. No matter what, someone (if not all of us) will eat it all up anyway.
Posted on: 2010/6/29 23:46
  •  Sakura'10
      Sakura'10
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/Male/Portugal
Quote:

Ultra_Red wrote:
On the contrary this was an excellent post made by a "real" fan unlike trolls like joeri who go around pretending to be a fan then slamming Hikki every chance they get.

Are you finished? Just stop atacking other posters.

Posted on: 2010/6/29 16:46
  •  Ultra_Red
      Ultra_Red
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

LiLi wrote:
It seems like a lot of you just want her to make J-pop but with English lyrics. Like that would have sold better in the US than TITO. Also, why should Hikaru, an artist, be forced to make a certain style of music (either for sales or your tastes)? She makes what she wants to make and if it sells then she's happy. She's often talked about how she doesn't get the whole focus on numbers, and you can see her shrug off the "52 million albums" repetition in every album she does. Hikaru makes the music she wants to make, and that's why it holds up better than the latest piece of disposable pop. Exodus is still one of the better albums to have been released last decade.

Also, I highly doubt album sales takes into account digital sales, which the music industry has yet to embrace with any sensibility. TITO came out nearly two months before on iTunes and would have sold for significantly less than retail, so who would wait?

I registered simply because I was annoyed at so many people trying to discredit her English works just because they prefer some of her Japanese songs. It's probably my second biggest Utada pet peeve after people thinking Simple and Clean and Hikari are the same song.

Actually, those rank 2 and 3, now I think about. Biggest pet peeve is people who say that they were her fan from First Love despite the fact they were probably only just learning to walk.

Sorry if this seems like trolling. It really isn't. I'm just annoyed at the suggestions that her English music didn't sell well and shouldn't exist because individual personal preference is towards the Japanese stuff.

On the contrary this was an excellent post made by a "real" fan unlike trolls like joeri who go around pretending to be a fan then slamming Hikki every chance they get.
Posted on: 2010/6/29 15:27
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

LiLi wrote:
It seems like a lot of you just want her to make J-pop but with English lyrics. Like that would have sold better in the US than TITO. Also, why should Hikaru, an artist, be forced to make a certain style of music (either for sales or your tastes)? She makes what she wants to make and if it sells then she's happy. She's often talked about how she doesn't get the whole focus on numbers, and you can see her shrug off the "52 million albums" repetition in every album she does. Hikaru makes the music she wants to make, and that's why it holds up better than the latest piece of disposable pop. Exodus is still one of the better albums to have been released last decade.

Also, I highly doubt album sales takes into account digital sales, which the music industry has yet to embrace with any sensibility. TITO came out nearly two months before on iTunes and would have sold for significantly less than retail, so who would wait?

I registered simply because I was annoyed at so many people trying to discredit her English works just because they prefer some of her Japanese songs. It's probably my second biggest Utada pet peeve after people thinking Simple and Clean and Hikari are the same song.

Actually, those rank 2 and 3, now I think about. Biggest pet peeve is people who say that they were her fan from First Love despite the fact they were probably only just learning to walk.

Sorry if this seems like trolling. It really isn't. I'm just annoyed at the suggestions that her English music didn't sell well and shouldn't exist because individual personal preference is towards the Japanese stuff.

You made some very valid points.
Posted on: 2010/5/29 21:39
  •  LiLi
      LiLi
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L

Posted on: 2010/5/29 20:52
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

joeri wrote:
me sad for the people who say i am no fan of utada :(
i have all albums and concert dvd's and that is prolly more then most peeps have here :P

this makes me a sad panda :((

all i was saying was that i am in a way glad if she dident make any english albums because she would have less time to make an new jp cd...wich of case when is she gonna release a new song it has been over a year now >.<

It didn't help that you said she "lacks talent". That's why I said you were no fan. Maybe if you stated, "all i was saying was that i am in a way glad if she dident make any english albums because she would have less time to make an new jp cd" just like that, then I think it would have been avoided. But, it's over and done now, so no point to dwell.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/5/27 19:33
  •  joeri
      joeri
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L not telling! :)
ignore this post it was a double post >.<
and dark armed dragon? XD yugioh rocks :P
Posted on: 2010/5/27 2:51
  •  joeri
      joeri
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L not telling! :)
me sad for the people who say i am no fan of utada :(
i have all albums and concert dvd's and that is prolly more then most peeps have here :P

this makes me a sad panda :((

all i was saying was that i am in a way glad if she dident make any english albums because she would have less time to make an new jp cd...wich of case when is she gonna release a new song it has been over a year now >.<
Posted on: 2010/5/27 2:51
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Please focus on the topic

Thank You
Posted on: 2010/5/25 22:34
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...11>