12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  khernitz007
      khernitz007
Re: PHILIPPINE HIKKI FANS and Hikki's albums in the Philippines
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Here's something informative for you guys, and maybe it can help you find old UH albums, a discussion regarding Japan Surplus Shops within the Metro. I'm planning to scout on some suggested shops that mentioned, and of course finding rare Hikki stuff (CD's, Vinyls, Singles, MD's etc.) hopefully if I do have a budget. The last time I bought is a wall poster ad campaign on FOMA (NTT DoCoMo) and it's damn huge! I consider myself lucky on finding that gem. I can post pictures if you want.

JAPAN SURPLUS-PINOY EXCHANGE
Posted on: 2010/9/15 6:08
  •  airac
      airac
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
wahaha sorry for the error on the date. :)) I think it's real, but it has already some scratches, so I want to buy a new Deep River CD.

** If I get to buy the last 3 albums...I'll be able to complete her album collection :)) [w/o Precious]**
Posted on: 2010/9/15 4:48
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Posted on: 2010/9/14 23:51
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Posted on: 2010/9/14 23:50
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

airac wrote:
** I was able to buy First Love, Distance and Single's Collect Vol 1 here in astroplus & oddyssey. I was able to buy Deep River from my friend who was able to buy it in 2000.**

Are you sure it's 2000? Deep River was released in 2002. I remember Deep River was promoted in the Philippines through the release of UHSCV1 in 2004. MYX and MTV played some of Hikki's music videos and that's the moment I've become a Hikki fan. ^_^♪

Posted on: 2010/9/14 23:50
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
^_^♪
Posted on: 2010/9/14 23:48
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
HEY PHILIPPINE HIKKINATICS! Make sure to buy UHSCV2 here in the Philippines! Let's show how supportive we are to Hikki! BTW, anyone to reform the Utada Hikaru Philippines (fan club)?

Posted on: 2010/9/14 23:45
  •  airac
      airac
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
It's due to the Japan wave here in the Philippines was not successfully marketed by the TV networks such as GMA7 and ABS-CBN. They promoted Japan as Anime ONLY.

This imagery did not clicked to most audiences, since only the youth, who do not have their own income, patronize Anime. They did not promote J-Drama and J-Pop along with the Anime. I remembered that there were Anime's wherein they tagalized the song of the Anime OP/ED Theme, so that it would please the public.

It's really unlikely in comparison to Korea, since they continually promoted K-Pop music on MTV and on air. Korean wave was easily acknowledged due to the fact that Filipinos are drama series lovers.

But if you analyze the K-Pop music that they play here, it seems that only the party music that really clicks. I haven't heard any K-Pop Ballads from Younha and such artists. I haven't even heard any K-Rock music on the radio or watched this genre on MTV/MYX and etc.

Btw, does Japanimation sell AUTHENTIC CD'S & DVD'S? How much do they cost? Thanks!

** I was able to buy First Love, Distance and Single's Collect Vol 1 here in astroplus & oddyssey. I was able to buy Deep River from my friend who was able to buy it in 2000.**
Posted on: 2010/9/14 18:56
  •  khernitz007
      khernitz007
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
..I got mine from a Jap Surplus Store waaay back ages ago, and also from ordering online like cdjapan.
Posted on: 2010/9/14 3:14
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

Kumabear wrote:
I saw a couple of those albums . Way back years ago . Try Japanese surplus stores here in manila , or maybe record stores .

Try Japanimation near Circle C it is near SM North Edsa (if you live in Manila btw).

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/8/22 8:45
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>