•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Jayenciel
      Jayenciel
Re: ~The K-pop Thread~
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Taiwan
Any Nell lovers here :D ?
They're unlike any other K-pop I've heard so far.

They released a new album 2 months ago

Nell - The Day After

Slip away (With subs)

The video feels awkward tho
Posted on: 2012/6/15 8:04
  •  Jayenciel
      Jayenciel
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Taiwan
I'm only awaiting for Epik High's comeback ^ ^
Posted on: 2012/6/10 2:51
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
As an artist himself, yes JYP has his flaws. But as a producer, he is flawless. Respect for JYP comes from the fact that he not only runs the company, but produces and choreographs a great majority of his groups' songs. He is also the man behind Rain. YG needs to take some lessons from Park. YG even acknowledges his talent, collaborating with him for SE7EN's comeback.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2012/6/9 23:00
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
SUPER SHOW 3 ~ SUPER JUNIOR LIVE IN JAPAN
YOKOHAMA ARENA
2011.2.18/19/20

Here are the photos courtesy of sup3rjunior.com

Posted on: 2011/2/18 3:10
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Does S Korea have a band, you know bunch of people playing drum, guitar, bass and etc. Does S Korean people didn't get bored with all K-Pop dance group all this years.

rofl yes there are but its sounds like 'kpop' too~ i mean.. its so 'pop' not unlike japanese bands do.. and in ballads,, the voices are ok.. they have high notes too but its boooooooooooooooooring..............
Posted on: 2011/2/9 3:55
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Does S Korea have a band, you know bunch of people playing drum, guitar, bass and etc. Does S Korean people didn't get bored with all K-Pop dance group all this years.

Yes, there is. CN Blue, TRAX (my favorite!!!), FT Island, etc.
Posted on: 2011/2/9 2:02
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Posted on: 2011/2/8 20:16
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
Quote:

Ruthymon wrote:
This is what I've learned since I jumped into the K-pop bandwagon:

1. There's a new group every five minutes (no limitations)
2. Every member of a group has to have a solo mini-album and then surprise us with an unfinished track to release as a single
3. Their choreography is so damn good and catchy (rest of world should take notes)
4. They stick to the concept of the songs/fashion/etc.
5. They make high expensive music videos and don't give a damn (there are some bits of controversy, but nothing major)
6. They're in-your-face and kicking ass!!!

Very well said dude!! i agree, specially about their videos and choreography (they can really dance!). They really go out of their way to make one. Very creative and trendy. The quality of music for each song is also great.

I'm not really a fan, i tend to watch their videos because of the beautiful ladies, (love the butt dance by Kara and RunDevilRun by snsd ) (sorry about that) and here in the Philippines, these groups really skyrocketed when it comes to popularity.

However, 2NE1 rubs me off differently, love their style, they have some Punk elements in them that, for me, sets them apart from the other group.
Posted on: 2011/2/8 18:26
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
[Interview] SHINee-EMI Japan PD Miyake

Akira Miyake

SM boy band SHINee

Korean Idol Groups Appeal with High Quality Music?

SHINee, an idol group to make an official debut in Japan in March, have chosen as their partner EMI Japan, a company known for producing Utada Hikaru called national singer of Japan. Miyake Akira, who discovered and promoted Utada, will also be the producer for SHINee. After attending SHINee?s solo concert, he said he?d like to promote SHINee as an all-Asian pop group.
- Why SHINee?
?I met them in Korea twice. They were fresh. I didn?t hesitate to make my decision to work with them. They are versatile, they can do diferent genres like ballad and dance, and each member has a different musical style. There are many groups with manly and strong images, but SHINee will appeal to the protective instinct of fans with their sensitive and cute images.?
- The main target?
?Beyond the existing fanbase of Korean Wave, women of 30~50s, young women of 10~20s are showing explosive responses to them. SHINee is a rare idol group with sustainable contents such as good singing ability, purity, and creativity. It is unusual to make a successful concert even before an official debut and to fill the two and half hour concert only with performances. ?
- What is the strength of Korean idols?
?Korean idols appeal with their music, not just with constructed talents. Their musical ability and quality is much better than that of Japanese idols, and Korea has a more advanced training system. They come into the market in a perfectly prepared state.?
- Your future plan?
Only the debut date has been confirmed. What is certain is that SHINee can?t be defined just as K-pop or J-pop, but will be Asian Pop, that is, A-pop. They will make a success in the Asian pop market after taking in new things from Japan after their debut.

Joongang Ilbo
Trans by jujugal
Posted on: 2011/1/20 3:54
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
This is what I've learned since I jumped into the K-pop bandwagon:

1. There's a new group every five minutes (no limitations)
2. Every member of a group has to have a solo mini-album and then surprise us with an unfinished track to release as a single
3. Their choreography is so damn good and catchy (rest of world should take notes)
4. They stick to the concept of the songs/fashion/etc.
5. They make high expensive music videos and don't give a damn (there are some bits of controversy, but nothing major)
6. They're in-your-face and kicking ass!!!
Posted on: 2010/12/29 10:09
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...6>