123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  lumad
      lumad
Re: Whats your passion?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
For me it will be music and cooking. i was a in a school band in my High School, was a bassist. i took up food technology during college. i love cooking for my family and friends and i have a burger stand for a business.

being in a band is really hard, there are like thousands of bands here in my country, only a few really make it big. so i decided to give it up early on, but i still play the guitar.

and someday i want to put up my own restaurant with fusion cuisine. still far from it, but as Hikki says...Keep Tryin Tryin!
Posted on: 2010/12/29 17:42
  •  EezyBreezy
      EezyBreezy
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 21/F/Canada
Music's always been my passion.

When I was in elementary school I was in choir, and when I was in highschool I was in choir.

The greatest comfort for me if I'm upset or whatever is popping in one of my favorite albums and just listening to it over and over.

I'm currently learning to play the guitar, and since I was around eight or so it's been my dream to to learn the piano.
Playing the guitar is equally therapeutic for me as listening to a CD.

I've always wanted to be a singer, but yeah ... I'm not good enough. xD; So I'm aiming for music teacher now.

Second is writing for me. I also enjoy drawing but ... I get so frustrated with it and give up for long periods of time. U____U; I just want the pictures done. I don't like the process. XD
Posted on: 2010/11/22 17:59
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Yea, i've heard many arguments of whether kyoukoushin or shotokan is better.. but fighting is fighting.. following one strict form in a fight is like being a rock. You have to adjust to the situation to survive. Of course if you're REALLY GOOD with your form/style, possibly a master, then maybe you would be okay. A master boxer definitely sounds dangerous to tangle with, even if he's only using his fists. Haha oh yea i know of lyoto! He was undefeated until he lost to shogun I hope he comes back though!
Posted on: 2010/10/8 0:37
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Oh man, there's really no real form of karate. It's modified and used so effectively. You have Shotokan Karate and Kyoukoushin Karate. I see no superior form, but people say Kyoukoushin Karate will ALWAYS beat Shotokan Karate. Lyoto Machida, a great Brazilian/Japanese Karate fighter uses his father's modified version of Shotokan Karate aka. Machida Karate. It's just so unorthodox..the stances and use of effectiveness is more based on quality of technique than power. The base was originally formed by Lyoto Machida's father to use on men larger than him, and it's worked thus far.
Posted on: 2010/10/7 21:24
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Oh respect man. I don't get belts because my dad is my teacher and it's really street fighting that i'm learning, but based on karate. I also like to mix in my boxing with what he teaches me. And yea i like brazilian jiu-jitsu too, though it looks like humping sometimes, it's really effective and it looks pretty cool when done right. Yes elbows are VERY powerful in CQB. They're devastating and bring a lot of power when thrown from the hip and with a little pivot of your foot. And also when you lunge in with the strike. Of course they can be a little risky at times because you have to get in close.

Haha my dad always says "when you're stuck in a fight, use everything." And like how bruce lee once said, "baby you better train every part of your body" hahah
Posted on: 2010/10/7 19:46
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Re: What
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Oh same here bro.

I'm a black belt in Tae Kwon Do..nothing to really brag about, but I fight/spar at a higher level..first, second degree actually. I'm really interested in learning Muay Thai because the variety and ability to use your whole body. Who would have thunk that using your elbows and knees, especially in short distance, would be so effective? I've learned alot of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu from friends...it's just way too expensive at gyms. People say the grappling positions look gay, but I like it..it's professional. I have a nasty Triangle Choke and I can do all the basic chokes, just learning the effective way of doing the Guillotine Choke and the Anaconda Choke..the D'arce Choke is just too high level for me to execute.
Posted on: 2010/10/7 17:44
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
I think i have another passion I think..

I really like (or rather LOVE) hand-to-hand combat. I learned my dad's street form of karate and some boxing from him when I was younger (8th grade?) and I love practicing and getting better and learning new techniques. I also love learning tactics/strategies, which have actually become helpful to me outside of training, for example, being able to make tough decisions and problem solving in the "real world". Plus, you get really BUFF and CUT from doing it on a daily basis.

Don't get me wrong, It's not the joy of hurting someone or being able to inflict pain on someone at better angles that I love. I really just like sparring and the feel of the combat, as well as understanding the concepts of nature and applying them to my fighting style, which transfers to my other activities.

I also love fighting games like TEKKEN
Posted on: 2010/10/6 21:57
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L In my infinite universe
hi all

good to be home

my passion is life, truth, beauty and love

and of course hikki

I hope its mutual
Posted on: 2010/10/6 11:09
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Drawing its just hobby i don't know if its a passion or not, game once i play over 24 hour playing game.... console game and online game , after that fall a sleep all day long. Thanks god i didn't die like the Hong Kong dude who was playing 3 days in a row nonstop and die during playing game , now im only playing few hours a day
Posted on: 2010/10/3 7:01
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16/Male/Singapore
I like to draw things I like..but I feel that it can't be my job next time.
So, I am thinking of interior design, sort of an Architect?
Then I would be able to design my own house with my girlfriend next time~
Posted on: 2010/10/2 7:44
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>