Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  Do you think Hikki will release a Japanese physical single this year?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Do you think Hikki will release a Japanese physical single this year?
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

kevinmarickgale wrote:
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
I doubt it either. If you're to sum up all the tracks in the disc two it is almost considered as a mini-album. It just came with the compilation of some of her singles. And there goes "Utada the Best" too (I know for a fact that Hikki's against it but surely it will be released). Besides, I do think that after the concerts and the footage of ITF, she'll be gone for her hiatus.

But, as you can see, It's obviously that DISC 2 is already a mini-album or EP. Either way, there is a mere possibility that GOODBYE HAPPINESS will be released a a CD single (check out the history for Kiss & Cry), with I guess three more tracks (Arashi no Megami, Show Me Love and Can't Wait Till Christmas), therefore being a triple or quadruple A-side maxi-single. My only guess/speculation/probability check.

Kiss & Cry is a different issue from UHSCV2, IMO. there is a possibility but for me, chances are low.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/11/5 7:45
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

Q wrote:
Quote:
ライブの会議も終わりただいま帰宅。CMもPVもいい感じに出来上がったよ!CMは11/10から、Goodbye Happinessは明後日からラジオ解禁かな?早くフルで聴いていただきとう存じます!

Hmm... new commercial and PV coming out november 10th?

From what I can understand, she says a CM & PV are finished. The CM will begin airing November 10.

Maybe a physical recut, isn't it? Anyway, what CM? the single's CF or the album itself?
Posted on: 2010/11/5 2:29
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
I doubt it either. If you're to sum up all the tracks in the disc two it is almost considered as a mini-album. It just came with the compilation of some of her singles. And there goes "Utada the Best" too (I know for a fact that Hikki's against it but surely it will be released). Besides, I do think that after the concerts and the footage of ITF, she'll be gone for her hiatus.

But, as you can see, It's obviously that DISC 2 is already a mini-album or EP. Either way, there is a mere possibility that GOODBYE HAPPINESS will be released a a CD single (check out the history for Kiss & Cry), with I guess three more tracks (Arashi no Megami, Show Me Love and Can't Wait Till Christmas), therefore being a triple or quadruple A-side maxi-single. My only guess/speculation/probability check.
Posted on: 2010/10/31 5:31
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:

That Utada the Best cover is an Epic Fail because it is just a zoomed in Black and White version of the cover of Exodus 04 with some text on the top.
Posted on: 2010/10/30 12:52
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/Male/Austin & Dallas,TX U.S.A
Its hard to say; I honestly doubt it, but she's talked about working on her 22nd Japanese single on her blog since a few months before TITO was released; Technically she's got 5 new songs on the second disc, which isn't a single but indeed a 'new album' if not EP (if it were a Maxi single, then it would've featured instrumentals and remixes of those 5 as well). Thats the most new songs we've gotten from her at one major release time since well, ever pretty much! "Show Me Love" is no longer a dream or fable, but a mastered entity, but there wee other songs that she speculatively recorded (I remember one called HERO that was supposed to be another A-side to Boku Wa Kuma in a Japanese press report, and a 'Day of Natto' between the Flavor of Life and Stay Gold single releases!) She also said she planned on 'releasing songs through fall and winter' in her hiatus announcement, so who knows? I'd actually prefer her release surplus new singles towards her next Japanese studio album whenever she makes a comeback, and make a PV or photoshoot for all 5 of her new SCV2 tracks and promoting it full throttle; I think we'll all be happier in the long run if she makes #1 on the Yearly Oricon chart. Either way, I'm thoroughly satisfied with her progress and plans as she's proceeding now, and am more in tuned for, like someone else said, a physical DVD of the TITO In The Flesh Tour @ this point!

If she does it, you know we'll be all lauding it, if not, I also think that's cool (sometimes its possible to overdo it in terms of even new stuff, you appreciate it less that way!)...
Posted on: 2010/10/30 11:21
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/10/30 9:40
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Probably not. There's only five new songs on the second disk of SCV2, and one is a cover. That pretty much constitutes a single, or a mini EP. Plus, the entire goal of the Singles Collection is to collect the remaining singles from her career thus far; putting out a new physical single now would kind of defeat the point.

(Personally, I'd be much more excited about a physical DVD of the ITF tour footage.)
Posted on: 2010/10/30 9:07
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Do you think Hikki will release a Japanese physical single this year?
guest_Unregistered
What do you think? Since PoL was her last Japanese single in a physical format, do you think one of the singles in the UHSCV2 will be a physical single later on?
Posted on: 2010/10/30 5:22
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic