Poster Thread
Re: I
Administrator
A/S/L
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
Quote:

First Press sold out!!
But the regular, non-first press is still on available!
Posted on: 2010/11/23 23:09
Re: Im kinda sad UHSCV2 got leaked....
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
you type in @utadahikaru on twitter and then a message -- she doesn't answer a lot of people now days though because she has over 250,000 followers. It was easier to communicate with her back when she only had around 5,000.
Posted on: 2010/11/23 20:36
  •  HIKARUFREAK
      HIKARUFREAK
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I am still trying to ask about how people got hikaru utada to tweet to them
Posted on: 2010/11/23 15:09
  •  EezyBreezy
      EezyBreezy
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 21/F/Canada
Well said, although it doesn't apply to me really. I don't care whether what people are doing is "legal" or not, and I know that for the most part record companies try to suck out as much money from you as they can. ... They can be pretty slimy at times, in fact.

I buy CDs not because it's legal, but because I want to give the artists my support.

... And 'cause I like having a tangible item that I can touch. I don't want all my music trapped onto a computer or iPod, I like having a CD jacket that I can flip though. I like having it in the 'real' world. I know not everyone shares this sentiment, but it's the way I am. xD

But anyway, my first post in this topic was a bit harsher than I meant. I don't sit around and fume over people who don't purchase the albums like I do, though it is a bit irksome when I happen upon it when I browse online. I suppose it also wasn't entirely fair to imply that people who don't buy the CDs aren't fans.

By the way, while we're at it, how can the music industry get more with the times? There's albums sold in store and online, and there are purchase-able digital downloads from sources like iTunes. o_O; Unless you want them to transfer the songs directly into your brain, music is quite accessible these days. You don't even have to buy a CD player anymore. Playstations play them, DVD players play them, computers play them... How are they becoming obsolete like you say? What exactly are you expecting? I'm not trying to change your mind or start an argument, I'm just honestly curious what you want them to do.

EDIT: Nevermind. ^^; You guys do what you want, and I'll do what I want. I always get upset about how people these days are so judgemental and then I go and do the same thing. I take back everything I said, and am offering an apology instead. I haven't posted much in these forums and I want to make friends, I don't want to be the person that everyone goes "Oh boy, what is this chick saying now? *eyeroll*"
That seems to happen to me too much on forums. So again, I take back what I said, and I'm sorry. I still prefer to buy my albums, but who am I to judge people who don't? =/
Friends? <3
Posted on: 2010/11/23 9:54
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
Aptly said. These are simply the nature of the times, and those of the industry of today. I see no easy adaptation of the record industry to suit. I'm likely to rigid in my thinking to come up with a good solution.

I'm unsure of how the casual fan would act, but given the behaviour of those of us here and the sold out status of CD Japan, I'm sure that Hikaru would make quite a bit of money on this. She is likely rich enough to have a swimming pool filled with bullion gold bars, I wouldn't be much concerned with her financial losses at this point.
Posted on: 2010/11/23 8:39
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
For better or for worse, this is the path the music industry is treading. It's only a question of whether we're going to be dragged down that path or follow it voluntarily; one of the reasons that the music market is hurting so bad right now is because so many artists and corporate interests continue to push a tired and irrelevant paradigm, supplying pieces of plastic and obligatory digital media to an audience that has already usurped the industry and taken matters into their own hands. Record companies, from a logistical perspective, are becoming even more obsolete than they already were- direct artist-to-fan interaction and promotion has not only become easier: it has become essential. Fortunately, a lot of artists, such as Hikki, have been building that relationship since before the Internet era took dominance and the pirates cast ship, and as such they have a certain safety net of devoted followers who understand the importance of supporting them as applicators of creative force and with any luck always will. In the grand scheme of the shift that is presently occurring, Utada has very little to worry about- something she herself seems to recognize given some of her past statements regarding her feelings on the "illicit" downloading of her works.

Personally, it doesn't upset me that this occurred. This is the future of music, like it or not. I'm confident that the industry will evolve to match the needs of the artists and the audiences they cater to, and which cater to them. The only real threat present at this point is directed toward the record companies, which have neither built the necessary trust relationships between fans and themselves nor constructed a feasible and malleable system that is capable of changing with the tides. So this one's on them. I hope the CEOs of EMI and the like can figure it all out- best of luck to them. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the freedom to determine what's worth what for myself rather than having it dictated to me by a dying, impractical musical economy. :3
Posted on: 2010/11/23 2:57
  •  EezyBreezy
      EezyBreezy
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 21/F/Canada
@Josh_shing

I guess you're right. But still. =/ I find it a bit frustrating. I don't RAGE about it, but I find it irritating.
You're right that in the long run it doesn't hurt Utada, since there are more than enough people who purchase her releases to make up for it, but some people with that attitude really hurt beginning artists. Which I find kind of sad. If you want them to make more music, then give them the money to do it is what I think.
Posted on: 2010/11/22 20:51
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Didn't hikki once say that she doesn't really care if you hear it for free? It's about the music, not so much about the money. If she can connect with you, that's what she cares about. Besides, she's super rich already wtf...
Posted on: 2010/11/22 20:44
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re: I
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Posted on: 2010/11/22 20:22
Administrator
A/S/L

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2010/11/22 19:58