Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Teruzane: "In The Flesh" tour was solely supported by U3MUSIC
guest_Unregistered
that's really disappointing, I mean it just goes to show that UMG only wants the money and i think that they were too reluctant to give hikki more of their time since her first english album didn't sell too well.
Posted on: 2010/12/18 21:55
  •  Utadist
      Utadist
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Thanks. That's good news !!
Posted on: 2010/12/16 23:15
Administrator
A/S/L
Quote:

Utadist wrote:
do you guys think there's still a chance we get one of those "In the Flesh" gigs some time, somewhere?

btw is there a good/acceptable vid of the London gig (or some US concert) that can be downloaded (Youtube, Megaupload, some private blog..) ??

U3music will be selling a digital download of the show in the coming weeks or months
Posted on: 2010/12/16 19:58
  •  Utadist
      Utadist
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
do you guys think there's still a chance we get one of those "In the Flesh" gigs some time, somewhere?

btw is there a good/acceptable vid of the London gig (or some US concert) that can be downloaded (Youtube, Megaupload, some private blog..) ??
Posted on: 2010/12/16 11:15
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:
For the record only JJ, UMG?s ?family? of Record Labels includes Island Def Jam Music Group......

http://www.universalmusic.com/overview

For a Music Publishing Group, UMG?s failure to release ?In the Flesh? as a companion to the audio CD, ?Utada the Best?, is evidence that UMG have all but lost touch with their core customer base, a clear missed opportunity, to not take advantage of ancillary revenue streams that U3 have already produced and monetized, is a compelling example of UMG short sightedness to purse ?a whole product package?....

From a commercial standpoint the business opportunity has now come and gone.......UMG must show the willingness to invest and take the chances as they arise, that's the real world message from a ?stakeholders? point of view....

Mr T decision to offer consumers ?In the Flesh? from iTunes will confirm this...

I think you're completely right. Although IDJ is owned by UMG, they're a separate company, and UMG's release of Utada the Best has nothing to do with IDJ, but a huge opportunity to sell more copies of UtB was completely lost when they failed to release the footage from In the Flesh in a bundle set or something (or maybe including a voucher to download it from iTunes?), which would've racked it up with as much anticipation as SCV2, making it more a profitable venture.

I personally think Utada the Best was just a cashcow riding on the anticipation of SINGLE COLLECTION VOL. 2, especially as Utada nor endorsed it, or was even aware at the start. And the fact they included a photo from a 5/6 year old single cover is just disastrous and shows they do not care for Utada.
Posted on: 2010/12/6 9:03
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
For the record only JJ, UMG?s ?family? of Record Labels includes Island Def Jam Music Group......

http://www.universalmusic.com/overview

For a Music Publishing Group, UMG?s failure to release ?In the Flesh? as a companion to the audio CD, ?Utada the Best?, is evidence that UMG have all but lost touch with their core customer base, a clear missed opportunity, to not take advantage of ancillary revenue streams that U3 have already produced and monetized, is a compelling example of UMG short sightedness to purse ?a whole product package?....

From a commercial standpoint the business opportunity has now come and gone.......UMG must show the willingness to invest and take the chances as they arise, that's the real world message from a ?stakeholders? point of view....

Mr T decision to offer consumers ?In the Flesh? from iTunes will confirm this...
Posted on: 2010/12/6 7:17
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:
This isn't very surprising. I would feel somewhat insulted if I expected anything else of IDJ. As it is, I only find it somewhat hypocritical of IDJ to complain about how Utada goes behind their backs to give the fans something nice (which they had no intention of backing in the first place because they have certain economic expectations to uphold and we all know the tour wasn't a money-maker), yet they're perfectly willing to produce "Utada the Best" lacking endorsement from Hikki herself.

I agree with you 100%, but IDJ didn't release Utada the Best, UMG did. Utada the Best is a Japanese album, and hasn't been released in the US.
Posted on: 2010/12/6 5:31
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
This isn't very surprising. I would feel somewhat insulted if I expected anything else of IDJ. As it is, I only find it somewhat hypocritical of IDJ to complain about how Utada goes behind their backs to give the fans something nice (which they had no intention of backing in the first place because they have certain economic expectations to uphold and we all know the tour wasn't a money-maker), yet they're perfectly willing to produce "Utada the Best" lacking endorsement from Hikki herself.

Alas, this is business. Utada and IDJ have gone their separate ways; whatever atmosphere of contention there may have been can now be laid to rest. Hopefully any future non-Japanese releases from Utada will be met with better promotion and reception via EMI. I would say the fact that they're permitting a worldwide stream of "WILD LIFE" is a pretty good indication of a comfortable relationship.
Posted on: 2010/12/5 14:57
  •  1Brando
      1Brando
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 16/Male/La Puente, CA
and dont forget now
that Hikki nenewed her contract with EMI. and EMI international now.
so if she wants to do another english album...she can do it through EMI now cant she?
Posted on: 2010/12/5 12:12
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

wadester1990 wrote:
There was a Japanese news article about this a couple of months ago. It talked about the relationship between Utada and IDJ, and that was when they first announced IDJ had nothing to do with this tour. Her and the team wanted to do it, but IDJ didn't feel any money would come out of it. As to not make it such a big deal, that is why Hikaru set up the small amounts of shows across the country in small venues, with so little promotion, as to not get into any more trouble with IDJ. Of course, they found out after wards, and said they were "tired of dealing with Hikaru Utada, whose team does things without asking and not going through the label."

If I find the article, I'll post it up.

I see. Well, in the first place IDJ didn't really give her the promotions she deserved. They're more concentrated with the Western Artists that they have. And since Hikki is not that big in the west, I believe that they won't take her seriously.. well, the results of Exodus in the US might be an example. Money matters, they won't care whoever you are, just as long as you're great job pays off to the Western audience then you'll be fine with them.

It only depends on Hikki and her staff's will to pursue what they wanted to achieve. Well at least, on the good side.. Hikki is not another robotic artist that brings only good cash to them.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/12/5 10:15
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>