1234...7>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Re: NHK Documentary - Utada Hikaru Ima no Watashi
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Oh my god, had Moses been a girl, forget about the Ten Commandments, out would go honesty, love, companionship, passion!!!!

At Sinai around 620BC, Exodus 21-23 contains the laws widely known as "Book of the Covenant", however important revelations were left out and not named until Utada?s ?Exodus? Circa 2004 AD, and commentated at the Wildlife concert extravaganza, highlighted in the NHK Documentary - Utada Hikaru Ima no Watashi .....

And the message is ....."It?s a Shoe Thang", Hikki loves shoes, pumps, scandals ,wedges, platforms, espadrilles, slingbacks, round toes, ?in your face? boots, nothing more sexy, I swear hikki was sporting a serious pair of Herchcovitch Wedges with a scoop high heel, known for their characteristic ?hum? of bubble gum, your feet not only feel sweet but smell sweet throughout the day.

Personally I would have "wedded" them with LNA Ripped Zipper Leggings in Flat Black, which would have sat fine with that gorgeous, vibrant red backless dress.

http://www.polyvore.com/lna_ripped_zipper_leggings_in/thing?id=17819467

http://www.brownsfashion.com/pages/category/category.asp?ctgry1=fashion/shoes/shoes&cookie%5Ftest=1

Exodus Black Heels....Yum Yum ...

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/utada-hikaru/images/14747579/title/exodus-promos-photo

I am eagerly awaiting a full subbed version of ?Utada Hikaru Ima no Watashi?, as I cannot trust my sisters version, honestly after witnessing a guy asking her out at college canteen on Friday and she retorted,? Sorry, but my leprosy is acting up again, are you going to eat those chips?.......

I thought no way I am going to post her translation!!....
Posted on: 2011/1/31 7:56
  •  utada_loves_me
      utada_loves_me
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 24 / M / La Mirada, CA
On topic:

Loved the live performances of Show Me Love (Not a Dream) and Goodbye Happiness!!!
Posted on: 2011/1/18 12:29
Administrator
A/S/L
back on topic please

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2011/1/17 23:57
  •  cube
      cube
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/M/NY
Quote:

lumad wrote:
I just thought of something, anyone knows the reaction of her critics in Japan regarding her voice quality recently? I mean here we are, exchanging thoughts about her, telling our opinions to each other, people from Japan surely feel something about it too. right?

lol I think only us fans argue about her voice quality. I think that applies to all fans of any artist, though.
Posted on: 2011/1/17 17:32
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
Nicely said Shurikid...coming from someone with voice lessons, i can understand more of her voice conditions now. and what people around her are doing about it.

I just thought of something, anyone knows the reaction of her critics in Japan regarding her voice quality recently? I mean here we are, exchanging thoughts about her, telling our opinions to each other, people from Japan surely feel something about it too. right?
Posted on: 2011/1/17 17:18
  •  cube
      cube
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/M/NY
I agree with ShuriKid. If they did fix her vocals, I would think that they would completely fix them (there's that one note she's off in Goodbye Happiness, for example). The rest of the songs like Prisoner of Love and Niji iro Basu sound pretty much the same as in the recordings we have of the 2 concerts, only higher quality. That's another thing, keep in mind that these new videos also include parts from the second concert. The Niji iro basu from NHK sounds pretty much on par with the recording of the second concert.

Honestly, I really wouldn't care if the vocals were fixed. I just hope there'll be a BluRay or DVD release soon (maybe after the TV broadcast?).
Posted on: 2011/1/17 15:54
Re: NHK Docuementary
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Quote:

山本_passion wrote:
Quote:

Chris85 wrote:
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:
Well, this was pretty fantastic. I love how comprehensible and collected Hikki always is. She really thinks about everything she's going to say- it's like she's composing lyrics on the spot and she wants to make sure everything is just right before it exits her thoughts. Probably wouldn't hurt to mention she's gorgeous.

Also, someone mentioned her vocals for the live concerts being "fixed"- I could be wrong, but I honestly don't think they are. I just think the sound quality is a whole lot better. Makes a difference. Then again, I'm among the people who honestly didn't feel she put out a bad vocal performance during either concert. So call me apologetic.

Of course (and thank god!) they're fixed, I've got an ear for such things being singer myself but I agree that 09 was much better

her vocals actually were fixed. If you listen to the Dec. 9th recording of Niji iro basu(the performance they used for the Documentary) where she sings "Everybody Everybody, Everybody Everybody" she missed the notes sometimes, and they basically fixed that part up. Also, in Prisoner of Love(from Ustream) they fixed up her missed notes. So in each performance in the documentary from Wild Life, she hits every single note because they fixed her vocals. I wish they wouldn't have done that, but oh well. She sounds fine without her vocals being tampered with.

I'm not sure what constitutes being a singer, but given that I've taken vocal lessons and have sung on stage I'd say I'm not exactly unfamiliar with this subject either. I still hear mistakes in her vocal performances for every video shown in the documentary- she's still flat on all the same notes as in the recordings I have, it's just that it's easier to hear her enunciation and her voice seems a lot stronger because the audio is actually picking up the majority of her singing, whereas the Dec. 8 and (unofficial) Dec. 9th recordings both are very low quality (particularly the latter, which makes it that much harder to judge considering that seems to be where the video footage comes from) and therefore drop a lot of her vocals. "Prisoner of Love" in particular is one I was paying a lot of attention to because I felt it was the weakest song in her entire set and I expected that if one song was going to be remastered, it would be that one: yet I didn't hear any alterations to her voice. All I heard was the HQ audio capturing certain lost notes that, in the low-quality recordings, sound as though they had been dropped by her. "First Love" is also exactly as I have it in the low-quality recording, note for note; listen to how she slides slightly off-key (and back on-key) at "Itsuka darekato mata koi ni ochitemo" and tell me they wouldn't fix that on what might as well be her name-sake. Again, I'm willing to admit I'm wrong if it comes out that these recordings were actually fixed up, but as far as I can tell the only difference between the recordings is that her pitch and voice seem a lot more stable because of the difference in audio quality. In reality, the higher quality audio is probably a lot closer to how she actually sounded in concert.

I'll have to compare the NB recordings again, but I didn't her anything particularly off even in the initial recordings so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Also, I hope I don't come off as confrontational. I'm merely sharing my opinion; I understand that yours are just as valid and I want to say that I respect them fully. :]
Posted on: 2011/1/17 14:13
  •  山本_passion
      山本_passion
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15.
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:
Well, this was pretty fantastic. I love how comprehensible and collected Hikki always is. She really thinks about everything she's going to say- it's like she's composing lyrics on the spot and she wants to make sure everything is just right before it exits her thoughts. Probably wouldn't hurt to mention she's gorgeous.

Also, someone mentioned her vocals for the live concerts being "fixed"- I could be wrong, but I honestly don't think they are. I just think the sound quality is a whole lot better. Makes a difference. Then again, I'm among the people who honestly didn't feel she put out a bad vocal performance during either concert. So call me apologetic.

her vocals actually were fixed. If you listen to the Dec. 9th recording of Niji iro basu(the performance they used for the Documentary) where she sings "Everybody Everybody, Everybody Everybody" she missed the notes sometimes, and they basically fixed that part up. Also, in Prisoner of Love(from Ustream) they fixed up her missed notes. So in each performance in the documentary from Wild Life, she hits every single note because they fixed her vocals. I wish they wouldn't have done that, but oh well. She sounds fine without her vocals being tampered with.
I basically just said what Chris85 said lol

However, even though they fixed up her wild life performances, I'm pretty sure they didn't fix up her "Show Me love" or "Goodbye Happiness" performances, since she did mess up a little in each one. Good thing they didn't mess with those songs. I think they used autotune(the thing that rappers and other singers use) in the goodbye happiness performance...for some reason I can hear it in the part after "kiss me".
Posted on: 2011/1/17 9:42
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 25/male/Russia
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:

Of course (and thank god!) they're fixed, I've got an ear for such things being singer myself but I agree that 09 was much better
Posted on: 2011/1/17 5:34
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
Re: NHK Preview!! Clip of Hikki singing Goodbye Happiness!
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
I missed lot of her performance, havent visit here for awhile :P well at least there go youtube. I need to hear more of her old song >.<
Posted on: 2011/1/17 4:50
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...7>