123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: What if Hikki never comes back?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

goku1337 wrote:
Hikki not coming back , well we still got horie yui , so I guess ill say , To Hikaru-Sama I'm Moving On Without You

Damn, that hurts. I'm still holding out hope.
Posted on: 2012/11/9 14:22
  •  goku1337
      goku1337
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19 male NLR AR
Hikki not coming back , well we still got horie yui , so I guess ill say , To Hikaru-Sama I'm Moving On Without You
Posted on: 2012/11/8 8:20
  •  Jayenciel
      Jayenciel
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Taiwan
If you're listening to Hikki, that means you're listening to a language you don't understand too. Hikki herself also was inspired by other musicians as well right? She sang a rendition of Edith Piaf's Hymne ? l'amour. How can language be an exception when it comes to good music?That's just ignoring the aesthetics of music itself. Besides there's translations you could look up on.

I'm not saying you must listen to Japanese and all that, but people who listen and want to understand music shouldn't limit themselves and should broaden up their retrospect of music.
You can refer to this topic: http://www.utadanet.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5441&forum=6

Hikki is a modest musician and she got what she deserved. She didn't 'gave it up when she had it all'. If she did, she wouldn't be so successful today.
And sure, of course there are musicians like Hikki who put all their hearts into music.
Please check out the Other Music section or if you're interested and wanna dig deeper into foreign music I could name you a few good ones.Quote:

coldbread wrote:

I'm not sure if I've said this before but I cannot stand songs I don't understand. I've also hear a lot of other Japanese songs and they don't really click with me.

I have such respect for Hikki because she gave it up when she had it all. How many people can you say do that.
Posted on: 2012/10/13 20:20
  •  Jayenciel
      Jayenciel
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Taiwan
my comment wasn't referring to your's anw
Posted on: 2012/10/13 20:07
  •  Son_Takahani
      Son_Takahani
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 19 / Male / Oregon, USA
Quote:

Jayenciel wrote:
c'mon you only know one Japanese artist? There's lots of good Japanese music out there you know

i agree with coldbread. and also, i never said anything about Hikki-sama being the only Japanese artist I know of, so I don't know where you're getting that. All I said was that she was my favorite and that she's my idol. Sure, I know of BoA and Miyavi and Nana Mizuki and a bunch of others, but Hikki-sama is my favorite of them all that I've heard and is the one that I listen to the most widespread.
Posted on: 2012/10/13 20:03
  •  coldbread
      coldbread
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
I'm sure there is but that is completely a matter of opinion.

I'm not sure if I've said this before but I cannot stand songs I don't understand. I've also hear a lot of other Japanese songs and they don't really click with me.

I have such respect for Hikki because she gave it up when she had it all. How many people can you say do that.
Posted on: 2012/10/13 19:10
  •  Jayenciel
      Jayenciel
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Taiwan
c'mon you only know one Japanese artist? There's lots of good Japanese music out there you know
Posted on: 2012/10/13 15:48
  •  Son_Takahani
      Son_Takahani
UtadaNet Regular
Quote:

coldbread wrote:
Yo fist pound son. Cmon I mean I would marry her in a heartbeat. But not for nothing she is an amazing human being, her goals are not driven by money and that is why I have the greatest respect for her. She didn't open any door to any other music I would listen to. Her songs are the ONLY non English songs I listen to.

It wasn't her creativity but her love for what she did that I feel through these songs. I mean cmon who else would compare love to apple and cinnamon. That's just beyond bad ass.

agreed! that's all i can say, i agree with you perfectly!
Posted on: 2012/10/13 13:07
  •  coldbread
      coldbread
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Yo fist pound son. Cmon I mean I would marry her in a heartbeat. But not for nothing she is an amazing human being, her goals are not driven by money and that is why I have the greatest respect for her. She didn't open any door to any other music I would listen to. Her songs are the ONLY non English songs I listen to.

It wasn't her creativity but her love for what she did that I feel through these songs. I mean cmon who else would compare love to apple and cinnamon. That's just beyond bad ass.
Posted on: 2012/10/13 2:48
  •  Son_Takahani
      Son_Takahani
UtadaNet Regular
Quote:

coldbread wrote:
For everyone who says that she changed and her music is reflecting her lack of effort, you can't really consider yourself a fan. Everyone changes and for artist their material changes with them. This does not mean they aren't putting their heart into it. She didn't conform to what everyone wanted and did what she wanted and that's what makes her a great artist.

Being a fan means you respect the person for what they do and how they do it. The material output is an reflection of the artist at the time. You are not a fan because you just like the music, you would be considered just a listener. I can't speak for other people but the reason I still care is because I am a fan of the artist and not a fan of material output.

Her music is great but I respect that she doesn't sell out her talent for the M&M (Media and Money). Taylor fell into that trap and her entire career is run by someone else, she became someones monetary gain. Hikki on the other hand didn't let that happen, she loved what she did and she did it her way. Even after 12 years and over 60 million in accumulated sales.

Now that she is taking this break and pursuing personal betterment I respect her even more. So should everyone here that says they are a fan.

The world needs more artist like Hikki. Conformity is dangerous, it destroys creativity. It would just be nice if she would communicate more with everyone and not just cut herself off. Twitter is nice and all but I feel she should still communicate with people who support her. I'm sure many people here have been with her since the near beginning. It's not right that she just cuts you guys loose.

man coldbread, you're pretty brutal, but i do see where you're coming from and quite agree. I myself really enjoyed her TiTO album, it stands to currently possibly be my favorite album, and those who can't enjoy her music for the soul reason that she made it from the depths of her heart shouldn't call themselves her true fans. Personally, even when I barely knew any of her music in comparison to what she has out, I still loved her music. There isn't a single track that I've heard that i didn't like, and I am never moving on and away from my idol! Sure, there are some tracks that I like better than others, but that's to be expected. Everyone has favorites, but I still love all of her music. I mean, the only ones I can say that I had a hard time of getting used to was the Star album as U3, but that wasn't her music technically, it was more her mother's music. I'm not saying I disliked it, I just never managed to get used to the style her mom sang in. I already know that she was pretty popular in Japan in her time, and I greatly respect that and thank her deeply for giving us Hikki-sama and allowing her to actually become her own artist. Personally, even if I don't know as much about Hikki-sama as I would like to, I love her from the bottom of my heart. I'm not saying I want to marry her, not that she isn't GORGEOUS, I just love her for the person that she is, and am constantly learning new things about her, and no matter what I learn about her, my affection for my idol shall never waver, because she is just too pure a person to ever upset me, regardless of what she does. I do hope she finds the perfect man for her though, she's been through enough already as it is.
Posted on: 2012/10/13 0:46
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>