Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Kiss & Cry Remix
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 27/M/KY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9uoUCxZ9aM&feature=youtu.be

(I hope the link works!)

I did it all the way through! I don't have the ending made, yet, but the rest is mostly finished! I probably won't change anything unless you guys suggest I tweak the vocals or the instruments at all. I will probably make the ending tomorrow! I hope you enjoy it!
Posted on: 2013/6/20 14:03
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 27/M/KY
Thanks! I actually have most of it finished as of right now, but I'll wait to upload it on here again until it's completely finished. I fixed a lot of the problematic issues from yesterday, so it sounds a lot better, haha. If anyone can see if there is anything I should change, please let me know! ^^
Posted on: 2013/6/19 12:14
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22 / Male / Marseille
This is pretty good!!! =O You're talented xP Even though you want to change things, this is actually very good! I'm looking forward to see what's coming next ;)

I should be doing something like that, one of these days!

Well done! Let me know when you get the job done ;)
Posted on: 2013/6/18 23:29
Kiss & Cry Remix
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 27/M/KY
All right. I never post in these forums, but I DO come here every single day as a part of my "daily website visits." XD

OK. So I've been able to make video game remixes from MIDI files, but it wasn't until recently that I've actually been able to learn to use Audacity to edit audio files. So, I thought, "Why not see if I can edit Vocal Tracks / Karaokes?" Lo and behold, it works wonders!!!

This is my first remix of an actual SONG. In addition, it's my first remix that focuses around a melody involving transitions from verse to bridge to chorus and such. So for TECHNICALLY being my first remix, this is actually exhilarating.

This is only a PREVIEW (~ 2 mins long) and starts from what I've completed of the intro so far. It goes into the first chorus and then ends.

I have NOT "mastered" this, really. That means adjusting the volumes and re-arranging some notes in order to bring out the best way of listening to the song, essentially. So, let me know if some instruments seem too loud or need to be brought out more!

After listening to this audio file over and over, I already see a couple things that I want to change. I'm going to take out a few of the cymbals in the chorus because it becomes annoying when it's on repeat. And when music is made CORRECTLY, nothing will be annoying about it when it plays on repeat.

I also understand if the verse and bridge seem too quiet or seem to be missing that "certain something." Don't worry--I plan to fill the gaps! But let me know what you think of the overall feeling of the music. ^^ I hope it's likable so far. Sorry it ends abruptly at the end... I got too lazy to do a fade-out because I've been working on it for hours. So, MEH. This is still a work in progress.

OK, here it is:

http://chirb.it/NDMzv1

Some people had trouble playing it, but once they opened it in a new tab, it worked fine. It's just that for some reason, Windows Movie Maker won't let me save anything ; so I couldn't really upload it to YouTube.
Posted on: 2013/6/18 14:10
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic