Administrator
A/S/L
Here is the Japanese Press release from utada.jp

速報!Utada全米アルバム詳細発表!

この度Utadaの全米デビュー・アルバムに関して、
所属レコード会社アイランド・レコーズ(アイランド・デフ・ジャム・ミュージック・グループ)より
以下のような発表がありましたので、ここにお知らせいたします。
(※以下は、和訳となっております。本文(英語)はこちら。)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
この名前を覚えておいて!
Utada
アイランド・レコ-ズから、エキサイティングなシンガーソングライターがこの秋デビュー!

「世界で最も輝かしいポップスターのひとり!」 
とクリストファー・ジョン・ファーリー氏(タイムマガジン誌)がコメント!

プレスリリース本文:

2004年秋、21歳のシンガーソングライターUtadaが、アイランド・レコ-ズから、オルタナティブ、ポップ、ダンス、ファンク・グルーヴがミックスしたデビューアルバム“EXODUS”(アイランド・レコードより米国デビュー)をリリース!このスタイリッシュな若いスターは、自ら作詞作曲、アレンジも行い、魅惑的でウィットに富んだ歌詞やメロディーが、このアルバムには注ぎ込まれています。彼女のバラエティーに富んだ音楽の趣向を反映するように、このアルバムには何人かのスペシャルなゲストが参加。Mars VoltaのJon Theodoreは“Kremlin Dusk”に参加、敏腕プロデューサーのTimbalandは“EXODUS '04”、“Wonder 'Bout”、“Let Me Give You My Love”の各曲をプロデュースしています。

プロデューサーで音楽家の父親と、日本の歌手である母親を両親に持ち、NYで育ったUtadaは、ビートルズ、レッド・ツェッペリン、メタリカ、ポリス、ドクター・ドレなどに影響を受け、13歳の時に東芝EMIより日本語で曲を書くことを薦められました。結果、1999年に発売した彼女のファーストアルバムは、日本で1000万枚を超えるセールスを記録し、15歳にしてスーパースターになったのです。アメリカはUtadaに要注意!この秋Utadaフィーバーが吹き荒れる!

アイランド・レコーズ 2004年6月16日(US時間)発表

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2004/6/20 16:22
[NEWS] Island Records Press Release; Album: EXODUS, Fall 2004
Administrator
A/S/L
Huge news!!

Island Records has released a press release for UTADA. It states that Utada's debut Album is titled, EXODUS, and is confirmed, once again, to be out Fall 2004.

Other song titles mentioned are:
"Kremlin Dusk" with drummer Jon Theodore from Mars Volta
"Exodus '04", "Wonder 'Bout", and "Let Me Give You My Love" produced with Timbaland

It is also stated that the "young star composes, writes and arranges all her songs, infusing her music with seductive, witty lyrics and well-crafted melodies."

Well, we already knew that she composes, writes, and arranges all her songs but their description tells us that her US material will definately not be anything like her Japanese material.

Press Release
http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20040616/NYW163
Source: Island Records

Remember This Name: Utada
Wednesday June 16, 6:32 pm ET
Exciting singer/songwriter to release U.S. debut on Island Records this fall
'One of the brightest young pop stars in the world.'
- Christopher John Farley, Time Magazine

NEW YORK, June 16 /PRNewswire/ -- In Fall 2004, 21-year-old singer/songwriter Utada will introduce the U.S. to her enigmatic fusion of alternative, pop, dance and funk grooves with EXODUS, her U.S. debut on Island Records. The stylish young star composes, writes and arranges all her songs, infusing her music with seductive, witty lyrics and well-crafted melodies. She is joined on her debut album by some outstanding special guests that reflect her varied tastes: drummer Jon Theodore from Mars Volta delivers an infectious groove on "Kremlin Dusk," and master producer Timbaland, who adds his funky touch to "Exodus '04," "Wonder 'Bout" and "Let Me Give You My Love."

Raised in New York in a musical family (her father is a musician/producer and her mom was a beloved traditional-style Japanese singer in Japan), Utada was fed a diverse musical diet of The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, The Police, and Dr. Dre, all of whom left their mark on Utada's musical style. At age 13, she was approached by Toshiba EMI to write several Japanese pop songs, resulting shortly thereafter in her first major album for the label in 1999. The release sold over 10 million copies in Japan, catapulting Utada to superstar status at just 15 years of age. So watch out U.S. ... Utada fever is one the way this fall!

For more info:
Karen Wiessen/Island Records
212-603-3950
karen.wiessen@umusic.com

Aliza Rabinoff/Shore Fire Media
718-522-7171 ext. 28
arabinoff@shorefire.com

UPDATE:
The press release is also available on http://www.utada.com
and here on the Island Records artists news page

Also, the Japanese version of this Press Release is available on http://www.utada.jp
or here

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2004/6/20 16:20
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic