Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  What is your least favorite Utada Hikaru song?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...19>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Re: What is your least favorite Utada Hikaru song?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:
Lobbo not at all, the lyric?s to both Heart Station and TiTo were both written by Hikki, they ?feel? in a literal sense miles apart now that's how I personally feel?... ...I have mixed feelings emotionally about the music and lyrics to Utada's English work..

Honestly I have not gone gaga..

Having a different opinion does not diminish or elevate ones appreciation of Utada..... Jiremi

All I'm saying is be appreciative instead of telling your opinion. Remember, she does it "For You" <---

Btw, I've gone gaga....Lady Gaga...
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/4/17 16:33
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Lobbo not at all, the lyric?s to both Heart Station and TiTo were both written by Hikki, they ?feel? in a literal sense miles apart now that's how I personally feel?... ...I have mixed feelings emotionally about the music and lyrics to Utada's English work..

Honestly I have not gone gaga..

Having a different opinion does not diminish or elevate ones appreciation of Utada..... Jiremi
Posted on: 2010/4/17 13:27
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:
I have struggled to comprehend the thought process behind the lyrics to almost all the songs on TiTo and Exodus, it feels they were composed as an after thought.
Lots to enjoy musically especially TiTo, it not so much the tasteless elements, but the construction that grates the most, it is difficult to conclude viewed from a literal sense that the same songwriter that we know to be Utada composed the lyrics to both TiTo and Heart Station when placed side by side.
Only my humble opinion and purely a matter of taste as I am probably one of the only members who feels this way, I rejoice in the fact that so much has emerged from Utada's body of English work, the successful ?in the flesh? tour and more importantly Utada wish to release a mainstream pop album.

You contidicted yourself by what you said. And also, be appreciative of Utada's english works.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/4/17 12:59
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:
I have struggled to comprehend the thought process behind the lyrics to almost all the songs on TiTo and Exodus, it feels they were composed as an after thought.
Lots to enjoy musically especially TiTo, it not so much the tasteless elements, but the construction that grates the most, it is difficult to conclude viewed from a literal sense that the same songwriter that we know to be Utada composed the lyrics to both TiTo and Heart Station when placed side by side.
Only my humble opinion and purely a matter of taste as I am probably one of the only members who feels this way, I rejoice in the fact that so much has emerged from Utada's body of English work, the successful ?in the flesh? tour and more importantly Utada wish to release a mainstream pop album.

*Shoots Philipa in the foot*

Now you sit there and think about what you just said >:O
Posted on: 2010/4/17 11:37
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Outside of TITO

Boulevard of Broken Dreams cover

She is too good to be covering any songs, especially those that don't fit with her voice. Look here

http://blog.utada2.net/?p=1716

They mention songs that are just X_X for her. I mean, like a lot of the rock songs out there. Metallica and Michael Jackson are some of the best examples of songs that would make terrible covers. Yeah I know she loves some of those bands/singers, but they don't go with her. Metallica should be self explanatory, they are just too great of a band, and they are very classic. You can't expect someone like her to cover their songs, and make it successful. Michael Jackson for the most part, wouldn't be good for her to cover. I mean not just the sounds, but the lyrics too. Some of them mention a woman as their lover, and it would make her seem like a lesbian (unless you change the sex of the word, which would destroy the point of the song.) We already saw that with Ashley Tisdale covering Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up", and that turned out to be a disaster (even though she sucks anyways). I saw Beat It mentioned on there, and I don't think we want to see another Fergie.
Posted on: 2010/4/15 16:22
  •  Canitoch
      Canitoch
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 16/M/IN
Quote:

quincye93 wrote:
Kairo (Sea Route) from ULTRA BLUE. I can't stand that song.

Agreed, although ULTRA BLUE is my favorite album of hers, Kairo is the song I HAVE to skip, it's just so boring.

and I have to say..I'm not a big fan of her First Love or Distance albums..some of the songs are good but I love Deep River onwards
Posted on: 2010/4/15 8:14
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London

Posted on: 2010/4/14 8:44
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Poppin'

I don't know if Utada has changed, since this is from her latest album.
Posted on: 2010/4/14 6:23
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/M/OH
Quote:

quincye93 wrote:
Kairo (Sea Route) from ULTRA BLUE. I can't stand that song.

OMG!! Me too! I hate that song. I also dont like Wonder 'Bout, and I dont really fancy Addicted to You...
lol
Posted on: 2009/7/30 0:07
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Tokyo Nights.
Posted on: 2009/7/29 23:34
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...19>