Hikari Or Passion?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Hikari Or Passion?
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I have been thinking about this quite awhile, between this 2 beautiful songs, which one is more beautiful?

These 2 are comparable due to their legendary status
-Hot singles off Deep river and Ultra Blue respectively
-Their Kingdom Hearts connection, which propelled Utada Hikaru to international fame,
-And what Hikaru herself has to say about this 2 songs:
On Hikari :
"Though I heard that everyone had been surprised by the title of this song at first, in reality I didn't think that it would have so much impact. But when I finished making it, I felt, 'If I keep making songs all my life, perhaps this is the best one.' I was satisfied that way with this song. As I gave my name clearly, this is the most important one in my life."
"Actually we were to shoot the pv of 'Hikari' with him (Kazuaki Kiriya) but it didn't come true due to his scheduling conflicts at the last moment and that's why we requested Kiriya urgently to shoot that dish-washing video."]
(My fav quote)

""The title is actually my own name...a kanji character. I guess it just shows how much love I have for the song, to the point where I would give my own name to it; like a 'Hikaru junior' or something. I think the big thing about this song is that it's really, really me, just straight out - but a lot of that lies in the lyrics. The lyrics are really special and I wish that if you don't understand Japanese that there's someway that you could get a translation of it or hear about what it says. It's kind of cute; it's got lines like, 'Let's go eat something good tonight for dinner and just forget about this stuff in the future', and you know. 'Thank you from my family and everything will be fine', little sunny things like that. So, hopefully, even without that, I hope you can enjoy the music and the song and the melody and everything 'cause I have love for all that too, of course. Once again, thank you for your support wherever you are and wherever I am right now."

On Passion:

"Passion is probably one of my favorite songs that I've written; I especially like my lyrics. It's not really like anything I've done in the past"
(However, she said Hikari was the best)

""Passion is like, straight after from where Hikari left off. it has a feeling that connects together the end of the last game and the sequel. Like, how it showed the characters and how they met and so forth. It was pretty easy to think up an image. It's like... as if Hikari was the dawn, and Passion has a concluding or 'dusk' feeling to it. I wanted this song to communicate so many various ideas. While you can see some very ordinary imagery in the song, when you listen the imagery can become very dramatic."
(Wow)

"The lyrics of Passion show how phases of the past, present and future of the character in my song relate to each other, and the arrangement builds a peculiar, almost floating feeling. People who have listened to Passion have wanted to daydream; to really see the places and times that I wanted to portray to them. While they listened to Passion, they were like, 'What? How old is this person in the song? What day and month is this set in? What? Where is this taking place!?'

In the end, it was Hikari. all (well, almost all) that defines Hikaru. Hikari.
Posted on: 2008/8/30 9:28
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Hikari Or Passion?
guest_Unregistered
wasn't it easier to make a poll of this topic?
Posted on: 2008/8/30 10:01
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
thx for the hikki qoute kit ^^

refreshing my mind =D i also think hikari is the best 1 to her cuz it is after all what her name means (^0^)/
Posted on: 2008/8/30 14:56
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 100 / Female / USA
I actually like Passion more. (:

Posted on: 2008/8/30 17:31
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
PASSION...case closed

[edit]: ok...you want my reason? sure thats fine...yea i like hikari alot...but passion just has a thing to it that puts a strange feeling for me to explain...everyone says this...but a song can impact a person in such ways that it cant be brought to words...apparently thats how i feel about this song...its a sad excuse to say that i like this one better but still...
Posted on: 2008/8/30 18:20
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:
wasn't it easier to make a poll of this topic?

nah i wanted opinions.
And apparently some ppl are not bothering to explain why Passion is better
Posted on: 2008/8/30 18:48
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Hikari or Passion that's a hard choice, I like Hikari coz the lyrics.... hmmmm soo simple like ordinary life, what u do every day and I also in love with Passion, like KS-san u cant described in your mind why I like this song more. My opinion this two song my fav, even though I love all of her song. Cannot described clearly here, its soo difficult to me to pick it which is the best hard choice.
Posted on: 2008/8/30 20:05
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
It's hard to choose, because i like the song Hikari because of the lyrics, like what had been quoted from Hikki, the lyrics are qutie meaningful... On the other hand, I like Passion partly because of the lyrics, but also because of her hummings...

Was it called hummings? oh dear... i am not good at expressing
Posted on: 2008/8/30 21:53
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
its Hikari for me! specially her performance of it in Utada United! epic! im close to tears when i first saw her singing it! it gives me mixed emotions!

but Passion is also a very good song! really amazing song, both the lyrics and the sound is out of this earth!
Posted on: 2008/8/31 5:29
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:
ok...you want my reason? sure thats fine...yea i like hikari alot...but passion just has a thing to it that puts a strange feeling for me to explain...everyone says this...but a song can impact a person in such ways that it cant be brought to words...apparently thats how i feel about this song...its a sad excuse to say that i like this one better but still...

lol haha i understand.

That's exactly the same feeling i have when i listen to Hikari.
Posted on: 2008/8/31 6:24
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>