Utada debuts at #69 on Billboard top 200 albums
guest_Unregistered
Posted on: 2009/5/20 23:54
  •  cutelilme
      cutelilme
Re: Utada debuts at #69 on Billboard top 200 albums
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/F/NYC =)
its great that she got into the top 100! but i do think she needs some more promotion since the stor appearances got cancelled. they culd have rlly boosted her sales i think
Posted on: 2009/5/21 7:10
  •  knitoe
      knitoe
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
i also hope sales will pick up if/when utada starts promoting again.
Posted on: 2009/5/21 8:00
  •  hikki_is_my_homegirl
      hikki_is_my_homegirl
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 30-US
i think when she begins promoting again the sales she pick back up. and to debut at 69 is still pretty good. i mean that's better than Exodus right?
Posted on: 2009/5/21 8:20
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
hell yea! way better lolz

atleast i know i contributed to the sale cuz i bought her album feel very proud and happy!
Posted on: 2009/5/21 16:04
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Quote:

cutelilme wrote:
its great that she got into the top 100! but i do think she needs some more promotion since the stor appearances got cancelled. they culd have rlly boosted her sales i think

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOUR LAST REMARK!!!

I was sooo excited for it, because if she had been at Best Buy in NYC the day of her CD release, then she would've taken the city by STORM. I mean, sure, i'm sure a lot of her New Yorker fans went to that Best Buy to get her CD that day (or any other day after that), but we need to remember to take in count for all of the out-of-state and far-away fans that were planning to come to Best Buy (coughlikemecough). It's one thing if a lot of people buy her CD, but it's totally ANOTHER story when that same huge number of fans buy her CD -- THE SAME DAY, AT THE SAME STORE, AT THE SAME TIME AND PLACE. It's like ... weeks of light rain VS one huge mofo thunder storm!!! :D Utada being the lightning rod + vast-amount-of-condensation?!! :D;; DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE?? >___>

Anyway, that's why my thinking tells me that her sickness kinda delayed the rising(?!) progress of her TITO album... BUT THAT'S OKAY, because the msot important things right now is for her to get better. We know she won't just leave TITO hanging without any follow up. Right?!!
Posted on: 2009/5/21 19:41
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
The bright side is, maybe she'll do her U.S. store appearance tour thing over the summer, when more people are likely to go (like me)? And then more people will hear about Anyway, #69 is a good start! Awesome!
I swear, Utada is like the only artist I get excited over when she charts. Heh~. <3

Love & Life,
Shuri/Eli
Posted on: 2009/5/21 21:40
  •  cutelilme
      cutelilme
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/F/NYC =)
Quote:

TadakoXIII wrote:
Quote:

cutelilme wrote:

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOUR LAST REMARK!!!

I was sooo excited for it, because if she had been at Best Buy in NYC the day of her CD release, then she would've taken the city by STORM. I mean, sure, i'm sure a lot of her New Yorker fans went to that Best Buy to get her CD that day (or any other day after that), but we need to remember to take in count for all of the out-of-state and far-away fans that were planning to come to Best Buy (coughlikemecough). It's one thing if a lot of people buy her CD, but it's totally ANOTHER story when that same huge number of fans buy her CD -- THE SAME DAY, AT THE SAME STORE, AT THE SAME TIME AND PLACE. It's like ... weeks of light rain VS one huge mofo thunder storm!!! :D Utada being the lightning rod + vast-amount-of-condensation?!! :D;; DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE?? >___>

Anyway, that's why my thinking tells me that her sickness kinda delayed the rising(?!) progress of her TITO album... BUT THAT'S OKAY, because the msot important things right now is for her to get better. We know she won't just leave TITO hanging without any follow up. Right?!!

omg wen i read ur thing, i just pictured a huge mob of fans rushing towards utada but yes, u make sense lol

but yes she must get better!!! i hope she gets better soon. a summer store tour wuld actually be great since theres no skool so even more people wuld be able to go! then ur idea of huge thunder storm wuld probably come true
Posted on: 2009/5/21 22:50
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
●Top Internet Albums
#17 Utada / This Is The One (new)

●Billboard Comprehensive Albums
#71 Utada / This Is The One (new)

●Dance Club Play Chart
#12 Utada / Come Back To Me (LW#05 / 10wks / pk#05)

●Global Dance Tracks Chart
#28 Utada / Come Back To Me (LW#36 / 3wks / pk#28)

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?f=Hot+Dance+Club+Play&pageNumber=Top+11-25&g=Singles

Also news on oricon site
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/music/66344/full/
translated
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oricon.co.jp%2Fnews%2Fmusic%2F66344%2Ffull%2F&sl=ja&tl=en&history_state0=
Posted on: 2009/5/22 2:31
  •  Raito
      Raito
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Utada appeared again on Billboard 200 this week, very good:

137 UTADA THIS IS THE ONE 3,873 -44 6,915 16,308
Posted on: 2009/5/27 10:53
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>