•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Utada Tour Petition
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
Hey guys and girls ^_^

So we all know that Utada has not been promoting since she has been sick. However, I was wondering if it was a good idea to start a petition for her to have a tour, so she as well as her management know that we want her to keep promoting and we want to see her perform live!

P.S
I'm not bashing on wonder girls but they will already be opening for the Jonas Brothers! I'm not a big fan of the Jonas Brothers and Wonder Girls but opening for Jonas Brothers is going to get them a lot of attention before they even debut their album.

So I really think Utada should pick up her promotional activities for "This is the One" and I really think she deserves a tour.

Edit:

Here is the link to the petition

http://www.gopetition.com/online/30096.html

Sign and help spread the word
Posted on: 2009/6/7 20:51
Re: Utada Tour Petition
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 Male
I think that's a great idea! But, sorry I have no clue to where you should show it too :(

OMG, Wonder Girls opening for the Jonas Brothers? WOW! That's great for them but, I'm sorta sad that they don't even have an album yet and Utada who has two English albums and not one tour :(
Posted on: 2009/6/7 21:15
  •  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
Yes it's sad to know that Utada has two albums and no tour yet while wonder girls has no album and they will be opening for the jonas brothers...

Hopefully we can get a petition going and soon Utada will have a tour ^_^
Posted on: 2009/6/7 21:25
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Hikki knows how much her American fans want to see her in concert because every other question asked to her by her fans has been when she was gonna tour, so this petition is not only useless but may actually piss her off.
You can just see it whenever she is asked the question in an interview that it's starting to annoy her.

The bottom line is that she would love to tour in America but right now she is not well known enough to sell enough tickets to make it really worth her while to do so.

The only reason the Wondergirls are touring at all is because they are opening for the popular Jonas Brothers.
Utada would never sell out to open for an American group or band, it would be embarrassing and demeaning to her and she would be mocked in Japan.
Hikki is simply too big to open for anybody.
Posted on: 2009/6/7 22:04
  •  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
I know Hikki is aware that her fans want to see her in concert, but she has stated that if she sees a high demand for a tour she would consider it. The petition may help in showing her management that her fans want to see her despite the lack of promotion. Maybe a petition will also help them realize that they need to do more promotion, and at the same time show that although her fanbase is small she can feel up some venues to capacity or if not close enough.

And I'm not saying she should have a tour in big venues or in a lot of cities in the U.S. but a few major cities in small venues could help and with a tour, promotion would have to come prior and during the tour.

And as for her ever opening for an American artist or any other artist, I wouldn't say its demeaning or there is anything wrong with it if she did but I can see why you think it would be unlikely for something like that to happen. Unless of course she were to open for someone she did a collaboration with, like Ne-yo.

I know wonder girls isn't having their own tour but opening for the Jonas Brothers' U.S portion of their World tour is actually something big because they will be promoting to a large audience. Of course, for wonder girls to go on a tour with Jonas Brothers works as a double-edge sword since most if not all of their fans are girls. Their fans may come to like wonder girls or hate them for being to close to their favorite idols. I've already seen some hate comments towards the girls for the news of them going on tour with the jonas brothers.

Anyways I wouldn't I say a petition would be completely useless or 100% effective.
Posted on: 2009/6/7 22:49
  •  daaznfella
      daaznfella
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/M/Seattle, WA USA
piss off hikki? neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol

but yea hopefully she'll tour, i'm tired of watching budokan/bohemian/and united lol....well jk not tired, but i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see her perform songs like MCML or A&C, and even the jap. tracks from Heart Station....i mean yea there's youtube, but in a concert setting, i think it would be so much better@
Posted on: 2009/6/8 2:52
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
I think it's a great idea, Hikki knows how much we want a tour but IDJ needs to accknowlege that too. So a petition might be helpful, count me in.
Posted on: 2009/6/8 3:00
  •  FunkyStrawberries
      FunkyStrawberries
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25/ F/NY
Yeah, I think starting a petition might be a good idea : ]
Posted on: 2009/6/8 9:52
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Quote:

ghostdog wrote:
Utada would never sell out to open for an American group or band, it would be embarrassing and demeaning to her and she would be mocked in Japan.

I agree that Utada wouldn't open up for an American band, but for different reasons. I just don't think she likes touring enough to commit to working with a completely different band. Hikki clearly feels more at home in the studio than on the stage, and I feel like she's made it pretty clear over the years that other than short concerts, she's not really a fan of full-on touring. Lots of great artists are like that. Enya's never had a tour in her career.

The problem is that if Utada is going to reach a wider American audience, she HAS to do more promotional activity at a wider range of places. The list she had for the in-store stops back in April would have been amazing for her commercially, and it's really the worst of luck that she came down with tonsillitis. I know nothing can be done about that, but she needs to resume promotion ASAP, and I think a petition could urge her to do that, since I think that if there's one thing Utada hates more than touring, it's letting down her fans.

And, I'll be honest, this has kind of become a matter of pride for me. I would really, really hate to see the Wonder Girls' career take off so easily when Utada has been working her arse off and put out two whole albums and still can't seem to get any recognition. The Wonder Girls don't even write their own stuff. They're just manufactured J-Pop music boxes with pretty faces (how fitting that they should be working with the Jonas Brothers). No offense to any Wonder Girls fans out there, but Utada has more talent than any of them in her right pinkie finger, plus at least some sense of artistic integrity. It's not actually the popularity I care about : fame is shallow. I just want Utada to be recognized here as an artist who could actually breathe some new life into this perpetually boring musical wheel we're dealing with in America.

But anyway, yeah, start a petition! I'll sign it. <3

Shuri/Eli
Posted on: 2009/6/8 10:30
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:
Quote:

ghostdog wrote:

I agree that Utada wouldn't open up for an American band, but for different reasons. I just don't think she likes touring enough to commit to working with a completely different band. Hikki clearly feels more at home in the studio than on the stage, and I feel like she's made it pretty clear over the years that other than short concerts, she's not really a fan of full-on touring. Lots of great artists are like that. Enya's never had a tour in her career.

The problem is that if Utada is going to reach a wider American audience, she HAS to do more promotional activity at a wider range of places. The list she had for the in-store stops back in April would have been amazing for her commercially, and it's really the worst of luck that she came down with tonsillitis. I know nothing can be done about that, but she needs to resume promotion ASAP, and I think a petition could urge her to do that, since I think that if there's one thing Utada hates more than touring, it's letting down her fans.

And, I'll be honest, this has kind of become a matter of pride for me. I would really, really hate to see the Wonder Girls' career take off so easily when Utada has been working her arse off and put out two whole albums and still can't seem to get any recognition. The Wonder Girls don't even write their own stuff. They're just manufactured J-Pop music boxes with pretty faces (how fitting that they should be working with the Jonas Brothers). No offense to any Wonder Girls fans out there, but Utada has more talent than any of them in her right pinkie finger, plus at least some sense of artistic integrity. It's not actually the popularity I care about : fame is shallow. I just want Utada to be recognized here as an artist who could actually breathe some new life into this perpetually boring musical wheel we're dealing with in America.

But anyway, yeah, start a petition! I'll sign it. <3

Shuri/Eli

Off subject:

I don't think I have seen anybody else write so articulately and intelligently on a Utada forum before as you do.
Posted on: 2009/6/8 10:51
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...7>