Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  When did you guys start becoming Utada's fan?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
When did you guys start becoming Utada's fan?
guest_Unregistered
The only reason I got into her music was because of her english album. Before Utada, I didn't even listen to Japanese music but TITO was so good that it prompted me to listen to her J-songs and I fell in love with her songs ever since. hahaha
Posted on: 2009/7/15 11:57
Re: When did you guys start becoming Utada's fan?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Infadel!

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2009/7/15 13:18
  •  Studebaker
      Studebaker
Re: When did you guys start becoming Utadas fan?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
^ You're joking, right? Her English music is just as eccentric and enjoyable as her Japanese tunes, if not more.
Posted on: 2009/7/15 15:52
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: When did you guys start becoming Utada
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Studebaker wrote:
^ You're joking, right? Her English music is just as eccentric and enjoyable as her Japanese tunes, if not more.

I'm not joking...I never said that her english songs are better or worse than her japanese ones...All I'm saying is that her english album grabbed my attention because I was never interested in J-music.
Posted on: 2009/7/15 16:51
  •  Studebaker
      Studebaker
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Nah, not you. The dude who called you an "infadel." lol, I thought his comment (unless he was joking) was uncalled for.
Posted on: 2009/7/15 17:15
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
Infadel?

LOL. I thought that was terribly clever.

Most of us are the reverse here. We started out as her J-fans and went onto her English stuff. Wait, scratch that. Most people here heard her English work in Kingdom Hearts, sought her out, found her Japanese stuff, saw how awesome she was, and then it took off.

Me? It was probably some time in 2007. I was bored, really bored - and decided to upgrade my MP3 collection. I had a few Hikki songs then, but I knew little of her. I looked her up, torrented her Discography - got hooked, bought all her albums and I'm here now.
Posted on: 2009/7/15 19:56
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/m/cali
hmm i got into hikki around 2003 when my friend randomly made me (forced me) into hearing her and i dont regret it to this day haha
Posted on: 2009/7/15 22:20
  •  skylight
      skylight
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
For me it was back in 2001 when I first heard Can You Keep A Secret. After that it was Final Distance.

But I started listening to her music again just last year.

I first heard about her when she released Automatic.
Posted on: 2009/7/16 0:34
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
For me, it was when my partner beat Kingdom Hearts II and we heard "Sanctuary". She noted who the artist was and had me look her up online. I had been kinda sorta into J-Pop before then, but Utada's music in both languages trumped Ayumi Hamasaki, who was the only Japanese musician I really got into up to that point.

Another big thing for me is that she produces her own music a well, which is a rarity in this day and age of prefabricated pop stars.
Posted on: 2009/7/16 4:55
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Oh my shit,TiTO actually made someone like Utada?Like her enough to actually find her good music???Oh wait....that makes sense...That's a good thing :D!Anyways...

I played KH1,blah blah blah,so I found this net radio station call Keiichi.net and there website was all request.So I was look through their huge database and so Colors had just got added(it's 2003 mind you) and I was like I wouldn't mind having the single.And then Traveling played...I requested it 3 times that night and said screw it I'll download it.Then I heard a few of the other song off deep river on the station and was like "Why can't I find these songs?".Well it wasn't til a full year later that I got my hands on the Special editions single discs.Full Deep River,album plus Colors and the Best of Distance with Fly me to the moon as the last song.Then the second disc were her past works.The 3 U3 singles with Little lover and promise,a lot of the stuff from first love as well.Within the same day I got the Dareka no Negai Nanau koro special edition single.This had all her singles with DnNNK to start on the first disc(including their b-sides) and on the second disc was the ENTIRE First Love album and like 5 songs of Precious.As soon as I heard Uso mitai na I LOVE YOU,I knew I'd never go anywhere without this cd stashed in my bag.
Posted on: 2009/7/16 7:44
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12345>