General Discussion
  (Blank) Version

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
(Blank) Version
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
There are a bunch of different versions of CDs like Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese, English, and Overseas(International). Now, does anyone know if the Overseas edition is any different than the Japanese or Korean version by a lot? I mean, is it just a CD in a case without a booklet or anything? lol Seriously; What's the difference?
I found the international edition on Barnes and Noble.com and its a lot cheaper than the Japanese edition and wanted to know what differed between them all.

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2009/8/6 14:06
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: (Blank) Version
guest_Unregistered
The Japan version is the one that was made in Japan, as in the one manufactured by Utada's record company and is made to distribute in Japan. The international version is not manufactured in Japan and is made for distribution outside Japan only, which is why it's cheaper and is not exactly the "real" thing. It's not manufactured from EMI. But they play exactly the same and almost look exactly the same, except for a few differences.

I know because I ordered the international version of Heart Station from Barnes & Noble because it was cheaper. Apparently it was manufactured in Taiwan. My friend has the Japan one and I compared it with mine. They look the same, but the quality of the booklet wasn't as great and glossy as his. Also mine did not have that personal message that Utada left on the case of the Japan one. Also my booklet's coloring was a bit different from his ( more yellow brownish for some reason ).
Posted on: 2009/8/6 14:30
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

paradiseisland wrote:
The Japan version is the one that was made in Japan, as in the one manufactured by Utada's record company and is made to distribute in Japan. The international version is not manufactured in Japan and is made for distribution outside Japan only, which is why it's cheaper and is not exactly the "real" thing. It's not manufactured from EMI. But they play exactly the same and almost look exactly the same, except for a few differences.

I know because I ordered the international version of Heart Station from Barnes & Noble because it was cheaper. Apparently it was manufactured in Taiwan. My friend has the Japan one and I compared it with mine. They look the same, but the quality of the booklet wasn't as great and glossy as his. Also mine did not have that personal message that Utada left on the case of the Japan one. Also my booklet's coloring was a bit different from his ( more yellow brownish for some reason ).

Yeah that's the only difference with the Taiwanese and Japanese prints really.You loose some of the quality.Sony Warner and Ki-on records do it worst then Toshibi EMI.You'll lose a slipbook often with Sony and Ki-on have limited shipments.So like Orange Range and Asian Kung Fu stuff are hard to find merely because of their popularity in the states.
Posted on: 2009/8/6 14:46
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
I've bought five Korean versions of her stuff and they all said EMI on the side. Should I go with buying Korean versions instead?

Posted on: 2009/8/6 15:52
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

~Billy<3'sHikki~ wrote:
I've bought five Korean versions of her stuff and they all said EMI on the side. Should I go with buying Korean versions instead?
Well really just get a new source over all.Just get the Japanese versions so you have the least chance of getting haggled.I understand that you want to collect but it's really for naught.The other regions get less in package.
Posted on: 2009/8/6 17:12
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

~Billy<3'sHikki~ wrote:
Well really just get a new source over all.Just get the Japanese versions so you have the least chance of getting haggled.I understand that you want to collect but it's really for naught.The other regions get less in package.

Alright. o_o I guess I'll start buying the Japanese singles then when I get done with that, move on to the albums. The albums are the most expensive things next to the concerts.

Posted on: 2009/8/6 17:57
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic