12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  fleeingbynight
      fleeingbynight
In the Flesh Concert Dvd/ Live album?
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 28/M/South Florida
Ok, I been thinking about this for a while and I wondered if Utada and her label ever considered doing a Concert DVD ( or Digital format) or releasing digital albums of her concerts like Tori Amos and Pearl Jam do sometimes when they are on tour. I know some bootlegs may pop up but I think it shouldn't be that hard for them to rip the audio from the soundboards and put it up in a mp3 format? What do you think?
Posted on: 2010/1/28 11:52
  •  Salomonis
      Salomonis
Re: In the Flesh Concert Dvd/ Live album?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 2777/M/Tennessee
I don't think she is going to do that with this tour. She said in an interview that she wanted to do a small venue tour so it could be more intimate. The Utada United DVD certainly wasn't a small venue, and the stage was state of the art.
Not that I'm against her doing that, I just think it would take away from the experience if she wanted an "intimate" feel to the tour and then mass produce a dvd from it. That's just me though.
The other argument would be that she and her fans loved the tour so much that she made a dvd to give the fans a memento. I'd buy it regardless.
Posted on: 2010/1/28 12:11
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
That IS the big question, isn't it. I don't know if this tour will allow for that with the size of the venues. If there was any chance I would say it would be at the London venue, since it seems like the largest out of the bunch. It's hard to film concerts the way UU06 was done; you need a lot of room, and for more than just the cameras.

However, I think if there was enough demand (and I'm pretty sure there is), given the proper motivation IDJ/Utada would be able to work it out. Like I said, the London venue seems like a potential filming spot. I think that if Utada knows her fans wants it, she and her record company might think about it.

Regarding the Live Album, that would be relatively easy to put together, but I don't know if there's as much of a demand for that as there is a DVD. I know I would personally prefer a DVD, although a live album would be fantastic as well. Most people are lobbying for the concert footage, though, as far as I know. :3
Posted on: 2010/1/28 13:44
  •  fleeingbynight
      fleeingbynight
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 28/M/South Florida
Well, the thing is, I do not live near any of the places she was headlining. If she had added Miami, I could have a chance to see her. I didn't know the venues were small and she was doing an "intimate" feel to it. However, if she would consider doing dvd or album in London, it would be a little gift to her fans that have supported her.
Posted on: 2010/1/28 16:08
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22/M/Earth
i dont think they'll do that either , just for the fect the tour already started you know?

i mean wouldnt they have announced it befor hand or something?

i dont know , maybe im wrong ( i hope i am xD )

cuz it would be amazing to have a dvd of her tour hehe

i <3 you utada "^.~v!
Posted on: 2010/1/28 17:25
  •  sokuri
      sokuri
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 25/F/Kobe, Japan
Quote:

A5UKA wrote:
i dont think they'll do that either , just for the fect the tour already started you know?

i mean wouldnt they have announced it befor hand or something?

i dont know , maybe im wrong ( i hope i am xD )

cuz it would be amazing to have a dvd of her tour hehe

i <3 you utada "^.~v!

I think its a pretty common trend for Japanese artists to announce a live DVD after the tour...I know Ayu does that often and when I went and saw Miyavi live he announced a DVD release at the end of his last concert for the tour...so u never know..they might be planning to film either London or NY..
Posted on: 2010/1/28 19:19
  •  kjazz
      kjazz
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I still want to hold out for the possibility that the NYC and London shows might do some filming as they are the last shows and the act is very tight.

If not filmed I do think the shows are being taped. At the seattle show I did notice a mic that was pointed toward the crowd in front of the left keyboard player. It was down low so I was wondering if it was for a drum or something before the show but I think it was a crowd noise mic for the recording.

Maybe just hoping too much but it would be great to hear it again. I really liked that small MTV unplugged concert she did years ago.
Posted on: 2010/1/28 19:37
  •  Navic
      Navic
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
there is a chance that they are recording it cuz if u look at some of those pictures that were post on her site they are shot at the prefect angles for a dvd, although the best place to shoot it is most likely NYC since its her hometown and all
Posted on: 2010/1/28 21:27
  •  buzzyrecky
      buzzyrecky
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 16/Male/Hawaii
I think she may release a DVD.... As she always does
Posted on: 2010/1/29 0:10
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L Female
ooh i hope she does make a DVD from either nyc or london concert... looks like london one has the right equipment and space for it.. but hopefully she does.. i know i would get it if she does.

and the album..? that would be awesome too! i hope they do something! and theres only one show in london.. (and im lucky to be going) so yeah... hope theres a DVD!! maybe there needs to be demand for it?
Posted on: 2010/1/29 9:09
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>