Very long time Utada fans?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Very long time Utada fans?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
You wouldn't consider me a very long time Utada fan, because I only heard her S&C song in the Kingdom Hearts commercial in late 2004. That is when I started to like whoever was singing (I didn't even know the singer was Japanese when I first heard it). I only found out in early 2005 when a friend told me. Haven't really started listening to her other songs until 2008, as I completely forgot about her until then. It was when someone on MSN told me her name, and I started to remember who she was. I wanted to look for good Japanese singers/bands, and her name was there. The Flavor of Life song was a very good song, and I only listened to that, and S&C/Hikari at the time. I read about her on wikipedia, and it seemed like she had an interesting life. It was until last summer that I started to become a very true fan. I randomly thought of her name, and I started to look her up. I started to listen to as many songs as I can find, and it just took me by surprise.

I wish I was a fan years ago, but then again, I was a lot younger. I wouldn't be interested into Japanese music, and I wouldn't think of Utada the same way as I do now. I definitely wouldn't if I found out about her another way, and not with the Kingdom Hearts commercial. It kinda feels like I missed a lot, because she isn't that active nowadays. At least I didn't miss hearing about the tour, even though I couldn't go because of where I live. It seemed exciting to hear about it. It was only a quick tour, so she couldn't go to a whole lot of places. So, how long have you known about or been a fan of this singer? I want to know if there are any fans currently on the site that have been fans for so many years. Maybe even before Kingdom Hearts, and maybe during the days of First Love.
Posted on: 2010/4/19 17:48
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Re: Very long time Utada fans?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
I was a fan 2002, when KH came out. Unfortunately, there was no youtube to look her up on.

I would have never thought that in a couple of years (from 2002), my music sense would have changed, all because of one person. But I am forever grateful because along with it came the Japanese, Korean, and Chinese culture...and Koda Kumi
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/4/19 18:31
  •  yvliew
      yvliew
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
straight away became a fan of her when I heard First Love and Automatic in 1999~~ 11 yearsssss
Posted on: 2010/4/19 20:08
  •  forever_dreamer
      forever_dreamer
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L Forever Young XD/F/Bunny-Chocolate-Ice Cream Land
Quote:

yvliew wrote:
straight away became a fan of her when I heard First Love and Automatic in 1999~~ 11 yearsssss

Wow that long huh? Wish I could say the same but I've only been a fan for about 8 or 9 years since hearing "Automatic".
Posted on: 2010/4/23 18:41
  •  Kumabear
      Kumabear
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Manila , Philippines
2002 . Woo nostalgic cassette tapes .
Posted on: 2010/4/23 19:02
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Well, when did KH come out? Like what? 4, 5 years of Hikaru?! Not very long. I wish I had known about her sooner....

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2010/4/23 20:04
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
i was a fan of hers ever since 'automatic' and 'first love'. ive been listening to her ever since then.

her first 3 albums i have only in cassette format, can you believe it? anyway, i hope more people share their stories.
Posted on: 2010/4/23 20:21
  •  goku1337
      goku1337
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19 male NLR AR
Very first time i heard Hikaru Sama sing was in 2004 or when ever kingdom Hearts came out. i heard simple and clean on tv, my friend came over that day an said he had a new game little did i know it was kingdom hearts, he came over to download some music of my itunes, an i was watching Pokemon 2000 for the 18 time then i heard that beautiful song that i heard on tv - from my computer , so i said hey whats the name of that song an , he told me simple and clean bro this japanese girl sings it her names utada. after that day or year i became more of a Utada Fan than my friend even he said i have , Today out of all my friend i know everything there is to know about hikaru ive heard most of her songs an i have all her CD Form Yes Asian.com
Posted on: 2010/4/24 6:51
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
yeah, mine was around that period too
around 2004? i dont remember
Posted on: 2010/4/24 13:40
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/m/cali