Remixed & Karaoke Bar
  Metric - Collect Call (AuTra Remix) a.k.a dJ pHO

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Metric - Collect Call (AuTra Remix) a.k.a dJ pHO
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L Not something you need to know
Sup guys, I'm here with another remix but this time it's for a REMIX CONTEST! So if I can get your support that would be awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMzYinjUQZc&feature=sub

Also, leave your TIPS and CRITICISM please (anything to correct the mistakes in this song)

Voting starts on December 2nd so please click on the link below (when it's time) and VOTE VOTE VOTE (also LIKE it if you're on Facebook)! I worked hard on this remix and it took me a damn long time to finish it so here ya go! Thanks guys.

My Remix: http://www.indabamusic.com/opportunities/collect-call#!/submissions/show/34096
Contest Overview: http://www.indabamusic.com/#!/opportunities/collect-call

BTW, I cannot upload the remix until the contest ends. If I win, then I may get on the next album release, meaning you can buy it off iTunes.

Enjoy and tell all yo friend.

Information:
When I remixed this song, I tried to go for multiple styles because I feel like staying with 1 type of beat throughout a song is boring. So for the verses, I decided to go my usual ambient style, but then for the chorus i went phunk-daddy-superstar-dance beat and then for the ending I went breakbeat. Also a sidenote, I modified the melodies a bit so the song sounds a little more joyful than the original. Just a way to celebrate the jolly winter spirit. :]

www.youtube.com/fadcAuTra
Posted on: 2010/11/22 11:10
Re: Metric - Collect Call (AuTra Remix) a.k.a dJ pHO
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L Canada/New York
Hi,

It sounds really nice, and you have nice transitions between each different beat.

I understand you worked hard on this, and I will try and give good advice.

- It doesn't seem to be mastered properly. I suggest you to widen some of the synths to give the song a more complete sound. Filling up those 'empty space' will make the song fuller.

- Maybe you can add more variety to the percussion. Add some more, like 1 or 2, and stray away from the typical dance percussion sequence. I don't know how to put it...the "un ts un ts un ts" sequence.

- In some areas, the piano sounds as if it shouldn't be there. Like around 3:54 - 4:02. To me it serves as a distraction that moves the listener's attention away from the vocals, unless that is what you're going for.

I hope this helps you.
Posted on: 2010/11/22 16:53
Administrator
A/S/L
Good job on your music!
Hope that tour thing goes well, autra!

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2010/11/22 20:11
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L Not something you need to know
Hey thanks guys.

Jp what did you mean by widening my synths? Like choose different synths or add more?

www.youtube.com/fadcAuTra
Posted on: 2010/11/26 10:49
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic