Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  hikaruomega
      hikaruomega
Hikki's voice in UU2006
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/Still Here
How come hikki's voice sounds totally different in UU2006 than in her other concerts? Was there some thing wrong?
Posted on: 2010/12/24 4:37
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Re: Hikki's voice in UU2006
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
what do you mean? hikaru's voice in united 2006 was perfect. she hit the right notes everytime.
Posted on: 2010/12/24 7:17
  •  hikaruomega
      hikaruomega
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/Still Here
Her voice in the dvd sounds higher. I compared it to Wild Life and it definitely sounds different.
Posted on: 2010/12/24 12:38
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
During UU2006, Utada's allergies were acting up due to the type of wood used in the sets and in the stadium I think it was, or something like that.
She also said that she didn't do proper breathing during the concert, which is maybe why her voice was affected?
Also, her voice was lower during the first part of the concert, but went higher as the show went on.
Still a spectacular show though!
Posted on: 2010/12/24 13:14
  •  山本_passion
      山本_passion
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15.
Quote:

JimJam wrote:
During UU2006, Utada's allergies were acting up due to the type of wood used in the sets and in the stadium I think it was, or something like that.
She also said that she didn't do proper breathing during the concert, which is maybe why her voice was affected?
Also, her voice was lower during the first part of the concert, but went higher as the show went on.

the allergies problem was for only one of the many stadiums she went to. But that was probably a big factor in the changing of her voice. Also, she sang until her voice was hoarse(keep tryin' sounded so strained) every concert. It was a great concert, but each consecutive concert she probably made her voice rougher and rougher. But UU06 voice sounds like those live performances she had of passion, where her voice also sounded really rough.
Posted on: 2010/12/24 18:27
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
for me, her united 2006 performance was better than in wild life. her voice was tired at the ending of united which is natural considering she sang almost 20 songs that night, but in wild life, her voice was strained from the start.
Posted on: 2010/12/25 10:26
  •  hikaruomega
      hikaruomega
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/Still Here
Quote:

山本_passion wrote:
Quote:

JimJam wrote:

the allergies problem was for only one of the many stadiums she went to. But that was probably a big factor in the changing of her voice. Also, she sang until her voice was hoarse(keep tryin' sounded so strained) every concert. It was a great concert, but each consecutive concert she probably made her voice rougher and rougher. But UU06 voice sounds like those live performances she had of passion, where her voice also sounded really rough.

I heard she was sick when she performed Passion on TV once.
Posted on: 2010/12/25 14:56
  •  lumad
      lumad
Re: Hikkis voice in UU2006
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
yup heard it was the allergies that caused it too. I think it was cedar wood from the concert venue. and it was a tour all over japan.

i think that is something that she needs to work out in the future, she tends to overwork her voice to the point of straining it, i mean it was okay when she was younger, years of hard work does have an effect on her.

but i remember, Hikari in UU06 was my favourite performance of her. it really has a powerful effect on me, even today. damn i'm really nostalgic.
Posted on: 2010/12/25 19:15
Re: Hikkis voice in UU2006
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L Canada/New York
Yep I heard about the allergies too. I thought it was an amazing tour! It is definitely my favorite. I don't even remember her voice sounding strained at all, but then again I haven't watched the concert in a while. But it seems after the concert, her singing wasn't the same. It would really benefit her if she had professional singing lessons so she learns not to harm her voice. She also has a habit of singing while sick, which is really not good. She was sick for a good portion during the promotion of Heart Station as well, but she kept on singing.
Posted on: 2010/12/26 17:35
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic