12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  tombraiderjmm
      tombraiderjmm
Okay...
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Since most of the people don't know what games I'm talking most of time can name some. Name some of the games you own, so we can talk about them. I had to play at least two of the games you have. xP
Posted on: 2005/12/18 12:55
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Re: Okay...
Administrator
A/S/L
Hahaha, I know of pretty much every game you've mentioned XD

Just don't really have much to say about em.

My gaming phase seems to be sort of passing...though in my day, I HAVE run the gauntlet of a whole crapload of the mainstream (and some not so mainstream) RPG's,

The occasional action game I've gone through, developing obsessions with the more stylish and difficult of them like Devil May Cry and Shinobi among others...

Puzzle games have never really been my forte but I have gone through several of them

I've also had a phase when I had an obsession with horror games and I've blazed through things like Silent Hill and Fatal Frame.

Computer games...mostly I've stuck to the online rpg's and the FPS games...for some reason, I can never really get into the western style computer rpg's based around the D&D system.

....does that answer your question? XD
Posted on: 2005/12/18 17:34
  •  Conan
      Conan
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/M/UK
Counterstrike, Counterstrike, Counterstrike!!!!

In all seriousness though I used to play RPG's until I became lazy with my videogames and never "beat them".

I play a few sports games these days, ie Madden, Pro Evolution Soccer, Tiger Woods. However I'm looking to buy Indigo Prophecy which sounds like an interesting game.
Posted on: 2005/12/18 23:47
  •  tombraiderjmm
      tombraiderjmm
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Yes thank you for posting. I've never really been a fan of sport games. Only racing, but I only play Mario Kart. I'm not into cars. That's a guy thing. And Fatal Frame is scary. I hate that game. It scares the noddles out of me. My sister tries to make me play when it gets to the scary parts with the ghosts.

And Shinobi is fun, I want to play the second one. Is it the second? Well the one with the girl shinobi. Looks fun. xP I've haven't played Devil May Cry, but I've heard of it...alot. I sorta don't want to play it either. Guys make it seem like it's the big shabang. But I might just to see how it is.
Posted on: 2005/12/19 1:08
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Administrator
A/S/L
Shinobi is HARD! >.<

I can't kill the last boss :P He mops the floor with me no problem any time.

And Devil May Cry rocks....it was such a breath of fresh air when it came to action games. Part 1 had the whole gothic, punkrock atmosphere down to a T while part 3 had some of the coolest cutscenes I've ever seen.

Avoid the second installmentl ike the plague.
Posted on: 2005/12/19 6:56
  •  Conan
      Conan
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/M/UK
I've played Devil May Cry, but it was very difficult and being crap at videogames it tried my patience that it took me like 15 goes to beat the Big Spider, who I believe was the first boss.

I almost cried when I realised the game would only get harder.
Posted on: 2005/12/19 9:53
  •  tombraiderjmm
      tombraiderjmm
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Well I really played Shinobi, it was mostly my cousin. But I did play it alittle. Once my cousin and sister get into a game, it's hard for them to give up the controller. Then when I come in and ask if I can play. It's a no or a wait.

And maybe I will play Devil May Cry, my cousin has the game, but I'm not sure if it's at his house. Aww, poor Conan I'm sure it wasn't that hard. Maybe you weren't trying hard enough, and that's why it was hard..? xP
Posted on: 2005/12/19 16:09
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Administrator
A/S/L
They're two different sort of games...

Shinobi is like... "kill as fast as you can"

DMC is like "Kill with style."

But both are hard as heck.

As for DMC not being very hard....heh if it's your first time with an action game of that style...ho boy...are you ever in for it XD

Like Conan, when I went at part 1 for the first time, I had no idea what I was getting into...and things seemed a littl hard but not impossible....

Then I got to that damned spider.

I finally killed him but it took like 30 tries XD.

I've gotten a lot better since then
Posted on: 2005/12/19 17:55
  •  tombraiderjmm
      tombraiderjmm
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Yeah, well Shinobi has some style into it. When you do combos, and there's little scene. Coolness, I guess that's why I liked Shinobi, cause it goes so fast. Well he does I mean. Yeah it's like that with every new game you buy, you have to get use to it. xP
Posted on: 2005/12/19 22:29
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Administrator
A/S/L
Have you finished it?

TOO hard!!

Man, if you jsut stand still in an area with no enemies at all and wait for 30-35 seconds, you'll be dead because the sword eats your soul -.-

I got through the whole game regardless of that...but that last guy...that white haired bastard....man...

I got so mad...still am, it's just too damned frustrating.

Though now that I think about it...Ikaruga for the cube is a game that I have yet to finish as well...
Posted on: 2005/12/22 19:50
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>