Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Article on Casshern; Possible US remake
Administrator
A/S/L

Source: http://www.akadot.com/article.php?a=159

Japanese movie Casshern in negotiation with US Film Companies
Jpop Idol Utada Hikaru's Husband, Kiriya Kazuaki's first film Casshern is currently in negotiation with U.S. film companies for domestic release.

Jpop Idol Utada Hikaru's Husband, Kiriya Kazuaki's first film Casshern is currently in negotiation with U.S. film companies for domestic release. Kazuaki Kiriya is the husband of Utada Hikaru and in addition to movie producing, he also plans fashion shoots, Utada's promotional videos, etc. Shochiku, the licensing company for Kiriya's film is currently working with major U.S. companies about possibly making an American remake of the film and distribution. In Japan, it is really rare for Japanese films to be in negotiation for America before the original version is released. But, the American movie industry is interested in Kiriya's work because of his original view of the world and sense of images.

The general manager of the film, Shuji Miyajima commented, "The director, staff, and cast made this movie in hopes that Hollywood may take notice of how different this film is. I think they might be surprised by Kiriya's new view of the world."

"The Ring," which was based upon the Japanese horror novel and movie "Ring" became popular in both Japan and America. "The Jyuon" was based on "Jyuon" by the same director as the Japanese version and will be released this fall in America. In addition, "Koufuku no Kiiroi Hankachi" ("The Happy Yellow Handkerchief") by director Yoji Yamada is also planned to be remade.

===================

Ive seen Casshern, but i didnt understand most of the Japanese... (i need subtitles) and I still found it to be a GREAT and very emotional movie.
I dont think a remake would be a good idea, i would much prefer to see the original japanese movie with subtitles ...perhaps even dubbing.

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2004/6/10 22:44
Re: Article on Casshern; Possible US remake
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!

I WANNA SEE I WANNA SEEE!!
Posted on: 2004/6/10 23:19
  •  Gokie
      Gokie
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Can't really make a judgement about a remake until I see the original (which is also a remake, but that's a bit different of an issue =P).

~KS
Posted on: 2004/6/11 3:21
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
don't like dubbed, dubbed are evil...... but where did you get that Casshern...... i need a copy.......
Posted on: 2004/6/19 17:43
  •  maybe_certainly
      maybe_certainly
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/f/NY
I'd rather have subtitles than a US remake... bah..

Posted on: 2004/6/19 18:36
  •  UltimateUtadaUpriseU3
      UltimateUtadaUpriseU3
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 13/M/ Republic MO
i didn't know that thanx!
Posted on: 2005/6/22 0:35
  •  tombraiderjmm
      tombraiderjmm
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Yeah I would hate it if the dubbed it. That would suck, I want subtitles. But I'm pretty sure I heard that DreamWorks might be getting their hands on this movie. I hope they don't mess it up if they do.
Posted on: 2005/7/29 3:12
  •  LastOneSLeFt
      LastOneSLeFt
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 14/male/vermont
i really wanna see it. i've only seen the trailer but it sure looks like a good movie. if it came out in the US idk if it would do well. Kung Fu Hustle did ok i think, so actually it might do pretty good.
Posted on: 2005/9/7 13:23
  •  Utadaboy
      Utadaboy
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 19/male/GA
Casshern was great movie. I would love to see a remake for the US. I want Hikki to make a theme song for the remake she needs to be recognize in the states.
Posted on: 2005/9/7 14:26
  •  kamirunokan
      kamirunokan
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20 /Male /Malaysia
Quote:

Utadaboy wrote:
Casshern was great movie. I would love to see a remake for the US. I want Hikki to make a theme song for the remake she needs to be recognize in the states.

Couldn't agree more
Posted on: 2005/9/8 1:44
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic