Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  What is your least favorite Utada Hikaru song?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...19>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Bizzaro
      Bizzaro
What is your least favorite Utada Hikaru song?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/F/CA
Most of the songs I dislike from her are in English - Tippy Toe, Let Me Give You My Love, By Your Side (with Kiley Dean for the Olympics)

But I used to dislike "Can You Keep A Secret?" and "First Love." I have only recently started to not mind those songs so much. And for a while I didn't like "Traveling" very much, but then I saw the music video and it became much more fabulous!

What is your least favorite song by Utada/Utada Hikaru?
Posted on: 2006/3/15 15:14
  •  berryz
      berryz
Re: What is your least favorite Utada Hikaru song?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
i havent heard most of Hikarus songs. not that i dont have them, i just dont listen to them.. but, right now, i dont like her Colours PV and Addicted to you. her voice is too deep in Addicted to you.
thats all i can think of right now.
Posted on: 2006/3/16 3:49
  •  Drango
      Drango
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 18/M/UK
Currently, the only songs I'm not liking by her (out of the ones I've heard) are that very short clip of Sanctuary, and Hear me Cry.

But then, that clip of sanctuary is too short to say that the whole song will be bad... I'll have to wait untill I can find the full version before I properly judge it...
Posted on: 2006/3/16 4:26
  •  Bizzaro
      Bizzaro
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/F/CA
Quote:

berryz wrote:
i havent heard most of Hikarus songs. not that i dont have them, i just dont listen to them.. but, right now, i dont like her Colours PV and Addicted to you. her voice is too deep in Addicted to you.

Which version of Addicted to You do you have? For a really long time I thought the UNDERWATER mix was the album version, and then I heard the UP-IN-HEAVEN mix, which is so much more fabulous. Do you know which one you have?

Quote:

Drango wrote:
Currently, the only songs I'm not liking by her (out of the ones I've heard) are that very short clip of Sanctuary, and Hear me Cry.

Hear Me Cry isn't by Utada Hikaru. Its just circulated as such. Which is good, because that song really sucks!

Ahh this is my 100th post!
Posted on: 2006/3/16 7:23
  •  Meruru
      Meruru
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 19/F/Lisbon
I dislike most of Hikki's "First Love" CD, as she was still too young and inexperienced (which is ironic because it was Japan's bestselling album of all time!). It had its nice moments, though, and her voice is still impressing for 15 years old. "Distance" also has its catchy moments, even me not being a hardcore R&B fan.

But, I still sincerely think the worst moment in Utada Hikaru's career is called "The Workout" and it's featured in the "Exodus" CD.

Quote:

Bizzaro wrote:

Most of the songs I dislike from her are in English - Tippy Toe, Let Me Give You My Love, By Your Side (with Kiley Dean for the Olympics)

As for Tippy Toe and Let Me Give You My Love, I so think that style of music doesn't suit her... Even if she sounds terrible in the chorus of Tippy Toe, I think the song has it's catchiness... Let Me Give You My Love made me giggle with a quote but I have to agree with you, I don't like the song either.
Posted on: 2006/3/16 17:32
  •  berryz
      berryz
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
im not sure, but its probably UNDERWATER mix.
congrats on the 100th post Bizzaro! =D
Posted on: 2006/3/16 18:29
  •  Bizzaro
      Bizzaro
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/F/CA
The Workout is actually one of the songs I like most on Exodus (though I know a lot of people hate it) If you look at the song independently from Utada Hikaru and look at the genre its in, its pretty good.

As for Addicted to you, the up-in-heaven mix is a lot different from the underwater mix!! You should definitely check that out. I don't have it on my computer, but that is the version that is set to the music video so you can watch the video on youtube.com or try to find the song online somewhere...

:-X
Posted on: 2006/3/16 18:35
  •  tombraiderjmm
      tombraiderjmm
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Well I don't know, I really can't say. But lately I've been avoiding Kettobase. Everytime it's about to come on, I change it and I don't really like Hikari.
Posted on: 2006/3/17 0:21
  •  Bizzaro
      Bizzaro
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/F/CA
Yeah, I go through phases sometimes when I skip over songs while listening to her albums.

Do you like Simple and Clean even though you don't like hikari? You know, she said herself:

Quote:

"Though I heard that everyone had been surprised by the title of this song at first, in reality I didn't think that it would have so much impact. But when I finished making it, I felt, 'If I keep making songs all my life, perhaps this is the best one.' I was satisfied that way with this song. As I gave my name clearly, this is the most important one in my life."
"The title is actually my own name...a kanji character. I guess it just shows how much love I have for the song, to the point where I would give my own name to it; like a 'Hikaru junior' or something. I think the big thing about this song is that it's really, really me, just straight out - but a lot of that lies in the lyrics. The lyrics are really special and I wish that if you don't understand Japanese that there's someway that you could get a translation of it or hear about what it says. It's kind of cute; it's got lines like, 'Let's go eat something good tonight for dinner and just forget about this stuff in the future', and you know. 'Thank you from my family and everything will be fine', little sunny things like that. So, hopefully, even without that, I hope you can enjoy the music and the song and the melody and everything 'cause I have love for all that too, of course. Once again, thank you for your support wherever you are and wherever I am right now."
Posted on: 2006/3/17 23:16
  •  clgan
      clgan
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Basically as her super fans........I like all her songs.....except a few song in Exodus Album...like Tippy Toe
Posted on: 2006/3/18 0:29
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...19>