Utada vs. BoA?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Utada vs. BoA?
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L N/Y/B
ok... so these 2 girls in my school were arguing about who was better Utada or BoA. I thought in my head of course utada is better its obvious! but the girl who was on BoA's side was saying some things that were true like : BoA can dance and utada doesnt dance or entertain when she's on stage besides sing so... I just wanna see what you guys think

".WON UOY NAHT NOITCEFFA EROM DEEN I"

-Utada Hikaru
Posted on: 2006/5/20 4:59
  •  XxSurr3alxX
      XxSurr3alxX
Re: Utada vs. BoA?
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Female/15/CA
Well.. It's kinda hard to compare those two because they're different.. But in my opinion, I would say Utada! ;D
These are the reasons why I like her better:
1. She doesn't do plastic surgery.
2. Her lyrics are better.
3. Her vocals are better(in my opinion.)
4. I just do. xD
For now, this is all but i might have more reasons in the future. Don't get me wrong, I don't think BoA is bad or anything, I just like Utada better.
Posted on: 2006/5/20 6:47
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 13/F/California
Quote:

XxSurr3alxX wrote:
Well.. It's kinda hard to compare those two because they're different.. But in my opinion, I would say Utada! ;D
These are the reasons why I like her better:
1. She doesn't do plastic surgery.
2. Her lyrics are better.
3. Her vocals are better(in my opinion.)
4. I just do. xD
For now, this is all but i might have more reasons in the future. Don't get me wrong, I don't think BoA is bad or anything, I just like Utada better.

Psh, I like Utada better too. But, no offense and all, I don't like Beyond other Angels lady. NO OFFENSE!!!
Posted on: 2006/5/20 8:53
  •  -kairi-
      -kairi-
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 16/F/Spain
Yeah... I prefer Hikki's voice and songs better (and because she writtes her own songs ^__^)... but I like Boa dances too.... but if I had to choose one of them... I would choose Hikki!!!!!
Posted on: 2006/5/20 9:25
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I for one would have disregarded the arguement seeing as to what I expect from Hikki and BoA.Hikki surpasses BoA on vocals quite obvious,Hikki more of a singer as to BoA is more an entertainer.It depends on how you wanted to he entertained then your choice should come to you easily.But it's still only your opinion.BoA hasn't had any plastic surgery done if I recall,the girl is 19,c'mon on.That explains some of the vocal outrank as well.Hikki's voice is more mature than BoA's.And also are Utada's lyrics,but as I said,too be expected.Ppl always slap Hikki against artist that have distinct and very noticable differences(I.E.Ayumi and BoA),how about Hikki vs. Chitose Hajime?Chitose was 3rd to Hikki and Ayumi on the charts back in '01 when Traveling and H were neck and neck all year.She wrote all her albums and her song styling is original in my opinion as so Utada's.
Posted on: 2006/5/20 23:04
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/M/Cali
yes utada is better...not just because this is her website..but i think she is better...and if she also dances..it would be awesome..well its always gotta b the other way or the other way..
Posted on: 2006/5/21 0:04
  •  berryz
      berryz
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
well, seeing as this is a UTADA forum, its plain easy to see who will win the votes now (cause i thought someone would at least go for BoA). anywayz, i am a fan of many j-pop artist but, BoA has been a favourite of mine since i was like 9. and NO BoA did not have plastic surgery, many celebs have but BoA is naturally that pretty. i personally think BoAs voice is better than Hikarus. like you guys said, Hikarus strong point wasnt her voice but the fact that she wrote and composed her own song. i only have about 3 clips from Utada, main reason is becasue she doesnt dance or have a nice and cheerful clip. (maybe just Keep Tryin'). plus i get tired of her songs pretty easy.

ok, ill stop yapping now. my point is well basically like everyones else. except its seems that im the only one with different opinion.
Posted on: 2006/5/21 2:36
  •  meme
      meme
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
i'd have to agree with pirate_king that BoA and Hikki are wrong comparisons...

but in this case...i think hikki is better.. no offense to BoA fans coz a close friend of mine is a huge fan and i like her too :)

not taking into account their different styles etc... hikki is much more of a prodigy than BoA..
she wrote a record breaking sales song which remained one of the most romantic songs ever... when she was only 13 and she didn't even have a relationship LOL...
hikki can write, compose, sings, and produce her songs all on her own... she can play musical instruments as well .. piano and guitar...she speaks and writes and sings bilingual..
vocally they're both very good i have to say... but hikki's voice is truly unique... it's... very different and is nothing others could offer. they're both very beautiful and no dun worry i'm not gonna say BoA has plastic surgery... coz just like hikki... her carrer is taking place as she's growing as a teen... so obviously she's gonna change and beautify naturally right? :)
and if hikki wanted to.. i bet she coulda learned dancing as well... and that's about the only thing BoA has against her i think
plus... hikki's music genre is original and her own style in its entirety as to BoA's music which is a specifiable genre and has about a few other artists already competing with her...

so my personal conclusion is hikki's better...

and again i'm underlining that i'm not accounting the different kinda people they entertain and blah blah... i'm just saying things in like.. pure talent as a musician..u get me? .. anyways... that'll be it.. and... please don't kill me if ur a huge BoA fan i've said i like her too u noe... lol
Posted on: 2006/5/28 7:26
  •  clgan
      clgan
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
i totally agree on meme points.....as they both have their own strength....I like them both...but i would of coz be a bit bias...since i m a hikki fans...no doubt i will choose Hikki...
Posted on: 2006/5/29 6:58
  •  Lily
      Lily
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Yeah I had this on my mind recently because I was thinking whether or not I should get more BoA songs. Utada has her own style as well as BoA, so yeah saying versus just doesn't make much sense. They're distinct in their own type of Jpop. I like Utada Hikaru better obviously because I'm more of a fan of hers. That's why we're on this forum, not much sense in making a dual against them. Both are Jpop singers with their own style and have different voices with different experiences in the music industry. I listen to both of their songs. Although I must admit I have more of Utada's music so I can't say much about BoA. I do have to say though that her song OUTGROW ~Ready Butterfly~ reminded me so much of Britney Spears voice. I forgot what song by Britney, but in that song, BoA sounds a bit like her. It was interesting. Anywho, yeah I'm a Utada fan, so Utada is who I like better.
Posted on: 2006/5/29 11:03
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>