Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Remixed & Karaoke Bar
   Merry Christmas Mr, Lawrence -FYI Remix!

Bottom    Previous Topic    Next Topic
Poster Thread
  •  blu-tada
      blu-tada
Merry Christmas Mr, Lawrence -FYI Remix!
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Well it's technically not a "remix" remix, but basically it's FYI with better violin synths and some subtle changes.
I guarantee it'll be worth your time, so please don't overlook this.
Enjoy!

--------------------------------------
Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/209781104/Merry_Christmas_Mr._Lawrence_-FYI_with_Orchestra.mp3
--------------------------------------

Technical Stuff + Notes:
Since I can't just extract Utada's voice, I had to use the whole song, and so I added on top of the song. FYI was really compressed by Stargate, so there were some parts of the song where I could not add very much or it would crackle really badly. I made sure that there was little/no quality loss in the edit, and I was careful to make the new stuff blend in seamlessly with the old stuff.
The main changes are in the violin synth, since I thought it sounded very robotic and it didn't do justice to Utada's singing. It made the song feel jagged and I tried to smooth out the scratchy violin parts. A lot of the changes are subtle, so it'll be hard to notice unless you compare with the original.
A lot of the major changes are in the middle section, where I added flute, strings, etc. to enhance the melody. This part will be noticeably different, and I hope you all enjoy it
Posted on: 2009/3/16 0:56
Subject Poster Date
     Re: Merry Christmas Mr, Lawrence -FYI Remix! Q 2009/3/16 2:14
     Re: Merry Christmas Mr, Lawrence -FYI Remix! Josh_Shing 2009/3/16 2:43
     Re: Merry Christmas Mr, Lawrence -FYI Remix! CrescentLupin9 2009/3/16 11:51
       Re: Merry Christmas Mr, Lawrence -FYI Remix! <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 2009/3/17 1:03
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic