Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
   versions of hikaru's songs(flavor.., distance..colors)

Bottom    Previous Topic    Next Topic
Poster Thread
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
versions of hikaru's songs(flavor.., distance..colors)
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
this has been on my mind for the last couple of days. i cant help but thinking that hikaru did slower versions of her songs in her albums that turned out quite better than the original versions.

in distance, the music is upbeat and quite contrasts the sad lyrics of the song. what hikaru did was released a slower version of the song which was better that the original.

the same is true with flavor of life. the original version is faster while the ballad version is more easy to listen too and is more appropriate with the lyrics of the song.

the album version of colors have heavy synthesized tones and an upbeat tempo. if you will listen to the united 2006 concert version, it was much simpler and more intimate with the piano and strings section.

i think hikaru should continue doing this and put out slow and upbeat version of her songs. i think the slower song versions brings out the beauty of her voice and is a much more emotional experience.

ps: thank god hikaru did not put out an upbeat version of dareka no negai ga kanau koro. lol.
Posted on: 2009/10/19 10:21
Subject Poster Date
     Re: versions of hikaru's songs(flavor.., distance..colors) marcocsb 2009/10/19 13:57
     Re: versions of hikarus songs(flavor.., distance..colors) gothicayu 2009/10/19 16:34
       Re: versions of hikarus songs(flavor.., distance..colors) ramenbox 2009/10/20 10:40
         Re: versions of hikarus songs(flavor.., distance..colors) percypenn 2009/10/20 11:43
           Re: versions of hikarus songs(flavor.., distance..colors) ramenbox 2009/10/20 21:58
     Re: versions of hikarus songs(flavor.., distance..colors) skylight 2009/10/21 4:17
     Re: versions of hikarus songs(flavor.., distance..colors) Hikki4life4ever 2009/10/21 8:02
       Re: versions of hikarus songs(flavor.., distance..colors) barried 2009/10/22 5:35
       Re: versions of hikarus songs(flavor.., distance..colors) <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 2009/10/25 22:14
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic