General Discussion
   Food/Recipes

Bottom    Previous Topic    Next Topic
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Food/Recipes
guest_Unregistered
So like.. My name should be changed to Betty Crocker 'cuz I kind of live in front of our stove. Francisco and I love to cook, and everything is home-made here. I guess this is more for people who know their way around a kitchen, but it's ok if you don't lolz

What's your favorite dish to cook? (Give the recipe!)

I have 2 (and I don't measure anything, so you can use as much as you want ... It's all "to taste")

Lemon Salmon and Brown Rice with Mango and Lime:

You Need:

- Salmon Filets (enough for how ever many people are eating)
- Olive Oil, the spray kind is awesome and cheaper than actual olive oil
- Fresh Lemon (1 is usually enough), OR Lemon Pepper
- Coriander Seed, crushed (you may have to crush it yourself in which case, use the bottle the seeds came in)
- Lime
- Cilantro, chopped, fresh
- Brown Rice
- Mango, peeled & chopped
- A baking pan

Recipe:

1.) Pre-heat oven to 350
2.) Coat salmon with a light layer of oil, squeeze lemon juice all over (or sprinkle with lemon pepper), and then rub coriander seed on the filet(s). If your baking pan isn't nonstick, coat the bottom with oil also.
3.) Bake until salmon flakes easily with a fork and is light pink throughout. You don't have to flip it.

4.) Steam the brown rice. If you don't have a steamer, the usual ratio is 2 cups of water to 1 cup of rice. Boil the water in a pot, add rice, lower water to simmering, and cover for around 20 minutes or so - until rice is soft and fluffy (I'm sure most of you know how to do it haha)

5.) Once the rice is cooked, transfer it to a separate bowl and squeeze lime juice - to taste. Add the chopped mango and cilantro and stir it all up really well.

To serve, spoon a bed of the rice mixture onto a plate and place the salmon on top. Make sure there's no skin on the bottom, though.

It's really yummy and healthy. It's one of my boyfriend's new favorit dishes ever.

So post your's!
Posted on: 2009/12/23 16:10
Subject Poster Date
     Re: Food/Recipes GIGAcorrupt 2009/12/27 16:54
       Re: Food/Recipes LoBFCanti 2010/2/4 6:05
     Re: Food/Recipes Unregistered 2009/12/27 16:55
       Re: Food/Recipes Unregistered 2010/2/3 19:59
         Re: Food/Recipes Pips_Paradise 2010/2/4 3:41
     Re: Food/Recipes Unregistered 2010/2/5 14:34
       Re: Food/Recipes jimmyray 2010/2/8 5:35
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic