First Love (English Version)?

Bottom    Previous Topic    Next Topic
Poster Thread
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
First Love (English Version)?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
Okay, I'm sure there's a thread about this already, but I really don't wanna dig up an old thread.
Anyway, Jessa Zaragossa sung an English version of First Love, a very loose translation at that, from what I gather anyway.
Anyway, one thing just really really annoys me about it, and that's the line "You will always gonna be the one"... The line sticks out like a sore thumb for me, and I enjoy the song I guess, but that line just really annoys me because it just doesn't make any sense...
Also, I think Jessa doesn't have the same emotion singing this song that Utada had. I know Utada isn't perfect, but she pours her heart into her songs, and Jessa's version just doesn't totally cut it with me.
Was it because EMI / Utada didn't want there to be a complete translation of the song or something?
Also, does anyone know what album this song is possibly from?
And what are your personal opinions on the song? I think it would've been better had Utada herself sung it, but I know she said she'd never do that because she feels her Japanese songs are "complete" and don't need to be translated and sung.
Posted on: 2010/9/6 12:25
Subject Poster Date
     Re: First Love (English Version)? Kumabear 2010/9/7 3:41
     Re: First Love (English Version)? airac 2010/9/7 9:35
       Re: First Love (English Version)? SwallowTail 2010/9/7 23:17
         Re: First Love (English Version)? JimJam 2010/9/9 5:06
           Re: First Love (English Version)? airac 2010/9/9 23:56
             Re: First Love (English Version)? airac 2010/9/10 0:05
               Re: First Love (English Version)? ncds 2010/9/10 1:15
             Re: First Love (English Version)? soulhunter14 2010/9/10 12:58
               Re: First Love (English Version)? airac 2010/9/11 7:52
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic