Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
   Asian Artists in the Western Market!...

Bottom    Previous Topic    Next Topic
Poster Thread
Asian Artists in the Western Market!...
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/Male/Austin & Dallas,TX U.S.A
Since we're all-kind of hyped up about Utada's new global music deal with EMI and that second-rate 'best-of' from Universal, what asian artists (inclusive of but also besides Hikki) would you most want to see in concert and tour the U.S.? Make an English album that gets mainstream critical and commercial success?

This was just on my mind since I'm going to see Jin Akanishi and his Yellow Gold Tour 3010 @ the Houston House of Blues 2nite (more pics and news about that l8ter!)...I read some press interviews where Johnny's is planning to release his solo debut single simultaneously in Japan and America, as well as his first full-length album (I personally like his singing and music much better APART from Kat-tun ), as well as X Japan making plans for a U.S. headlining tour really soon! I of course want Utada to be the first or at least, the most recognized for doing it when she gets around to recording non-Japanese works again, but here are some Asian artists I'd love to breakthrough and shake-up the International scene, especially here in America!:

~Utada Hikaru (a given!)
~Jin Akanishi (he's got style and a lot of ambition; plus youth on his side to give him time to grow and experiment!)
~Rain (was supposedly recording an English album as far back as 2004, but haven't heard a blip about it or him in forever, except for winning that Badass Star honor @ the MTV Movie Awards and making it onto TIME'S 100 Most Influential People List 2006?...)
~Se7en (Ditto in regards to an English album, but I know he had least the record deal and the digital single 'Girls' with Li'l Kim that, unfortunately but rightly so, bombed)
~Boa (not necessarily a fan of any of her work thus far, but I did like some of the tracks from her self-titled album last year, but only because they were dance and electronica; she needs more of her own niche and promoting b4 she tries it another time; she's a great dancer and really pretty though!)
~Hyde (I love L'arc~en~ciel and all his solo stuff, especially considering I'm not much of a J-rock fanatic; all he needs is better English skills and I think he can fly high!)
~GACKT (I'm getting unusually addicted to his most recent singles and vids for some reason I can't articulate!)
~Namie Amuro (but not before Utada!)
~Ayumi Hamasaki (ditto!)
~Koda Kumi (she might make a better model or reality show staple than pop star in the U.S. !)
~(Alexander) Wang Lee Hom (because he's just awesome with the instruments, dancing,looks, and voice; plus he was born and raised in U.S., has pitch perfect English, and a very multicultural/racial/ethnic/genre embodiment to his music like Utada; all that he lacks is the right record deal and promoters, too! Plus, he's one of my idols and is a great model in being so well mannered and educated while following his dreams and passions despite initial opposition from his family; I think he made like a perfect on the SAT, was his HS valedictorian, AND was accepted into Harvard and Yale but tuned it down to pursue what he's been doing so well all along now)
~Arashi (because Jun Matsumoto and Kazunari Ninomiya have fantastic acting skills and are likeliest to catch on with the U.S. female demographic with slight harder case of yellow fever, and they are now Johnny's definitive act ever besides SMAP in terms of overall success and ubiquity--'nuff said!; if they played their cards and promo style like they do in Japan, I really think they could actually be the next Boyz 2 Men or Backstreet Boys, especially since they're experiencing such phenomenal sales and dominance within Japanese territory alone for about the past half-decade and could ignite to other continents! They should consider bet--,err,DIFFERENT songwriters and producers though than their J-pop stuff !)
~MISIA (like Hikki, she has a gorgeous voice and a charisma to her that's not overbearing, she just probably would need to work on her English skills and not go as heavy on her Mariah Carey schmaltzy ballads for any English stuff she does)!
Posted on: 2010/11/13 14:26
Subject Poster Date
     Re: Asian Artists in the Western Market!... Q 2010/11/13 15:48
       Re: Asian Artists in the Western Market!... ramenbox 2010/11/13 17:43
       Re: Asian Artists in the Western Market!... hikki_is_my_homegirl 2010/11/13 18:59
         Re: Asian Artists in the Western Market!... Unregistered 2010/11/13 19:39
           Re: Asian Artists in the Western Market!... TurtleFu 2010/11/13 20:59
         Re: Asian Artists in the Western Market!... lolstebbo 2010/11/14 23:28
     Re: Asian Artists in the Western Market!... Q 2010/11/14 0:31
     Re: Asian Artists in the Western Market!... Utada~Chan~Fan 2010/11/14 2:39
       Re: Asian Artists in the Western Market!... flipbeats 2010/11/14 3:17
         Re: Asian Artists in the Western Market!... UtadaHikaru124 2010/11/14 13:36
         Re: Asian Artists in the Western Market!... kayoko 2010/11/14 16:11
           Re: Asian Artists in the Western Market!... flipbeats 2010/11/16 3:01
             Re: Asian Artists in the Western Market!... SwallowTail 2010/11/16 3:52
               Re: Asian Artists in the Western Market!... Pips_Paradise 2010/11/16 5:56
     Re: Asian Artists in the Western Market!... Utada~Chan~Fan 2010/11/15 6:32
       Re: Asian Artists in the Western Market!... bluesfighter09 2010/11/15 11:57
       Re: Asian Artists in the Western Market!... lolstebbo 2010/11/15 13:20
         Re: Asian Artists in the Western Market!... bluesfighter09 2010/11/15 14:52
       Re: Asian Artists in the Western Market!... lolstebbo 2010/11/15 18:08
         Re: Asian Artists in the Western Market!... TurtleFu 2010/11/15 18:46
           Re: Asian Artists in the Western Market!... lolstebbo 2010/11/15 21:01
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic