Article on Casshern; Possible US remake

Bottom    Previous Topic    Next Topic
Poster Thread
Article on Casshern; Possible US remake
Administrator
A/S/L

Source: http://www.akadot.com/article.php?a=159

Japanese movie Casshern in negotiation with US Film Companies
Jpop Idol Utada Hikaru's Husband, Kiriya Kazuaki's first film Casshern is currently in negotiation with U.S. film companies for domestic release.

Jpop Idol Utada Hikaru's Husband, Kiriya Kazuaki's first film Casshern is currently in negotiation with U.S. film companies for domestic release. Kazuaki Kiriya is the husband of Utada Hikaru and in addition to movie producing, he also plans fashion shoots, Utada's promotional videos, etc. Shochiku, the licensing company for Kiriya's film is currently working with major U.S. companies about possibly making an American remake of the film and distribution. In Japan, it is really rare for Japanese films to be in negotiation for America before the original version is released. But, the American movie industry is interested in Kiriya's work because of his original view of the world and sense of images.

The general manager of the film, Shuji Miyajima commented, "The director, staff, and cast made this movie in hopes that Hollywood may take notice of how different this film is. I think they might be surprised by Kiriya's new view of the world."

"The Ring," which was based upon the Japanese horror novel and movie "Ring" became popular in both Japan and America. "The Jyuon" was based on "Jyuon" by the same director as the Japanese version and will be released this fall in America. In addition, "Koufuku no Kiiroi Hankachi" ("The Happy Yellow Handkerchief") by director Yoji Yamada is also planned to be remade.

===================

Ive seen Casshern, but i didnt understand most of the Japanese... (i need subtitles) and I still found it to be a GREAT and very emotional movie.
I dont think a remake would be a good idea, i would much prefer to see the original japanese movie with subtitles ...perhaps even dubbing.

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2004/6/10 22:44
Subject Poster Date
     Re: Article on Casshern; Possible US remake seraphim 2004/6/10 23:19
       Re: Article on Casshern; Possible US remake Gokie 2004/6/11 3:21
     Re: Article on Casshern; Possible US remake Hakushi 2004/6/19 17:43
       Re: Article on Casshern; Possible US remake maybe_certainly 2004/6/19 18:36
     Re: Article on Casshern; Possible US remake UltimateUtadaUpriseU3 2005/6/22 0:35
       Re: Article on Casshern; Possible US remake tombraiderjmm 2005/7/29 3:12
         Re: Article on Casshern; Possible US remake LastOneSLeFt 2005/9/7 13:23
           Re: Article on Casshern; Possible US remake Utadaboy 2005/9/7 14:26
             Re: Article on Casshern; Possible US remake kamirunokan 2005/9/8 1:44
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic