Hikki introduces oldies

Bottom    Previous Topic    Next Topic
Poster Thread
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Re: Hikki introduces oldies
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
aye I love her covers She make the songs to really fit HER. I mean, often when ppl do covers, they are really good at sounding like the real song, but to me - that's not what making a cover means. When I hear a cover I want it to be different on some way (it might just be a little part), because if you want to make a song that already exist to 100%... Then why even do it? I'd say that ppl who twist the song in a way that it sounds different, but still is the same song.. That's a good cover

But with Living on my own.. I think she's doing it REALLY well, but it's absolutely not better than the original ( F Mercury is amazing ).

My feelings to Queen and Mercury is the same as my feelings to Pink Floyd; both are bands I've been raised with by mom and dad and therefor I "know".
Hikki though, by doing Living on my own, proves that you actuallt CAN make covers on Mercury's songs. That is really special, because often when ppl hear covers of song whom they really love - and then get a louse cover... It's sad. But Hikki actually (I'm not saying this because I'm a crazy hikki fan) made me like the cover, a lot. Of course I listen to it a lot and really really love it... But still, Mercury does it best, in my opinon.

edit: of course I think Mercury's better when I've heard more of him in my life than of Hikki... That's prolly why I think the original is the best (Hikki's cover is the best cover though ). But with the other covers I think Hikki is doing the best performance of the song (because I haven't heard the original songs that much). ^^
Posted on: 2008/6/14 4:25
Subject Poster Date
     Re: Hikki introduces oldies ayehunny 2008/6/14 4:25
     Re: Hikki introduces oldies Roscoe 2008/6/15 9:51
       Re: Hikki introduces oldies <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 2008/6/16 0:13
     Re: Hikki introduces oldies Idle_mind 2008/6/21 22:38
     Re: Hikki introduces oldies ioruk 2008/6/22 10:49
       Re: Hikki introduces oldies lumad 2008/7/4 18:44
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic