•  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Do you have a "bad luck" song?
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

konnichiwa-san wrote:
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
I understand. I'm not comfortable with American mainstream rap either. ^^; It just feels so...direct? xD

i dont like the concept of it...korean ties to love and emotion...the song portrays love...expressing the feeling the singer cant do in public so brought out through songs...american rap however...its concept is wrong i think...all about going to the club..saying im the best there is...all this arrogant stuff...too much...and all the slang words they use...im like...dude you actually understand that?

I don't like the concept of it either. It's all about sex and money. People don't really care either, I doubt they pay attention to the lyrics. If it has a catchy hook, that's what matters and they'll jump onto the bandwagon. Many would dance to anything these days. But music shouldn't be used to make millions or gain international fame. First and foremost, music should come from the heart and soul, embodying an abundance of emotions. It should be meant to trigger the listener, inspire. It expresses things that cannot be into words, it's 'what feelings sound like'. You can't really find that in mainstream music nowadays. And the majority the stuff the 'artist' releases isn't even their creation. They're just merely entertainers.

Then again, we're talking about lyrics in general, right? ^^; That's the main reason why I avoid many mainstream American artists. Period. The lyrics they sing or rap try to glamorize lust, drugs, violence, celebrity life, etc. And people still sing to it, without carefully examining what's between the lines. Though, hip-hop overall in the western world don't suck in general. There are still hidden gems, like a good amount of underground rappers. If you ever listen to Nujabes, many of his songs feature underground American rappers. And they're really good. =D

I been thinking...maybe some J-pop, K-pop, K-indies, J-indies, or whatever underground artists hailing from any part of the world don't have to be internationally renowned. Listening to them, living in this world where Fergie and Soulja Boy dominate the charts, kinda makes me feel 'unique'. Like a hidden treasure which many do not know, something like that. xD Though when people are curious about the music I listen to, I'll always be happily willing to share.

I'll stop rambling. ^^;
Posted on: 2008/8/14 21:04
Subject Poster Date
     Re: Do you have a "bad luck" song? SwallowTail 2008/8/3 22:49
     Re: Do you have a "bad luck" song? <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 2008/8/4 1:22
     Re: Do you have a "bad luck" song? TiffyKitty 2008/8/5 20:38
       Re: Do you have a "bad luck" song? kayoko 2008/8/7 19:03
         Re: Do you have a "bad luck" song? Unregistered 2008/8/8 19:45
           Re: Do you have a "bad luck" song? kayoko 2008/8/8 19:48
             Re: Do you have a "bad luck" song? Unregistered 2008/8/8 19:54
               Re: Do you have a "bad luck" song? kayoko 2008/8/8 19:57
                 Re: Do you have a "bad luck" song? <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 2008/8/9 1:00
                 Re: Do you have a "bad luck" song? Unregistered 2008/8/14 21:04
                   Re: Do you have a "bad luck" song? kayoko 2008/8/15 19:14
                     Re: Do you have a "bad luck" song? Unregistered 2008/8/15 19:24
                       Re: Do you have a "bad luck" song? kayoko 2008/8/15 19:42
                         Re: Do you have a "bad luck" song? Unregistered 2008/8/15 19:48
                           Re: Do you have a "bad luck" song? kayoko 2008/8/15 20:00
     Re: Do you have a "bad luck" song? jreuij 2008/8/7 20:47
     Re: Do you have a "bad luck" song? gato2000 2008/8/7 22:09
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic