Bottom    Previous Topic    Next Topic
Poster Thread
  •  gardenhose
      gardenhose
Re: Does she follow any religion?
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:
It could satisfy curiosity one might assume. Rumor has it, members on a fansite of any artist are quite curious about the person.

I know they are curious, and I never said that was wrong. I said I don't see why it matters. People here are a fan of Utada Hikaru, someone who creates MUSIC. They did not really come here because they are solely fans of her personality, beliefs, etc. It's just an added bonus that Hikki seems to be a really cool person. That being said, I believe it doesn't matter because people shouldn't draw their opinions on someone who is famous based on their personal life, rather than their craft and the work they create. And I know most here are just curious, but sadly there may be some people ignorant enough to let her beliefs sway their opinions of her.

Quote:
Religious people are delusional. They believe in claims with no merits made by other delusional or actually intentionally deceiving human beings. I wouldn't want anyone to be delusional. Hence, I wouldn't want her to be religious.

Also, religious people are not delusional. Sure, there is no proof of God, but there isn't any proof that God isn't real, either.

Who is to say that the big bang/evolution wasn't caused by some all mighty power or some shit? The bible and other religious texts are chalked full of symbolism and metaphors (kinda how you think that the "Only God knows.." lyric is a metaphor.. Okay? What is that a metaphor for?). People are allowed to believe in whatever they want to. I myself am not religious, but for you to say that someone's own individual views on the world around them (and perhaps beyond?) is delusional of you, thinking you have the right to determine that. Were you alive, thousands of years ago to know what happened, and what didn't? What seems ignorant/bad or delusional to you, might be a comforting thought to one, and of course vice versa. Most religious people have good morals and ethics, thus live good lives. Since when was it delusional to be kind to others, and live decently? Just because some people are corrupt and alter "God" or some deities to feel that their personal views, for instance Christians/Catholics (abortion, same-sex marriage, etc.) are right, does not mean everyone feels/does the same thing. Not all people who follow a religion share the same views of the hateful people that you may have come to know. Don't paint everyone with the same brush...

Quote:
Frankly, if I found out she was, I would not think any less of her.

You wouldn't think any less of her? Just that she's delusional right? Yeah, that's TOTALLY not thinking any less of someone.

Quote:
She has nearly a million followers so the odds of her even seeing the tweet are rather...... ;)

Have you not seen some of the things she has RT, or replied to? They are all very random. Who is to say she won't see it and/or reply? It's just about chance and luck. And I'm pretty sure a million people aren't tweeting at her all day, everyday.
Posted on: 2012/8/10 16:35
Subject Poster Date
     Re: Does she follow any religion? lolztrunkz 2009/8/5 7:19
       Re: Does she follow any religion? <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 2009/8/6 2:33
     Re: Does she follow any religion? a_kikoo 2009/8/18 11:23
       Re: Does she follow any religion? LoBFCanti 2009/8/18 13:21
         Re: Does she follow any religion? jiaweitheone 2009/10/30 8:34
           Re: Does she follow any religion? percypenn 2009/10/30 11:09
             Re: Does she follow any religion? TurtleFu 2010/10/31 12:38
               Re: Does she follow any religion? bluesfighter09 2010/11/16 10:56
         Re: Does she follow any religion? Elijah 2012/8/7 15:18
     Re: Does she follow any religion? hikkari 2010/12/8 20:26
     Re: Does she follow any religion? Nyaanyaa 2012/8/7 16:53
       Re: Does she follow any religion? gardenhose 2012/8/8 13:33
     Re: Does she follow any religion? Nyaanyaa 2012/8/8 16:23
       Re: Does she follow any religion? Elijah 2012/8/9 3:25
       Re: Does she follow any religion? gardenhose 2012/8/10 16:35
     Re: Does she follow any religion? Nyaanyaa 2012/8/10 21:18
       Re: Does she follow any religion? hikaruomega 2012/8/11 14:06
         Re: Does she follow any religion? Unregistered 2012/8/11 21:06
       Re: Does she follow any religion? Elijah 2012/8/13 6:34
         Re: Does she follow any religion? Idle_mind 2013/9/3 5:33