Bottom    Previous Topic    Next Topic
Poster Thread
  •  Nyaanyaa
      Nyaanyaa
Re: Does she follow any religion?
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Quote:
I know they are curious, and I never said that was wrong. I said I don't see why it matters.

And I'm telling you it matters to some people because the knowledge would satisfy their curiousity (at least for a time). So, in other words, I'm telling you why it matters because you said you don't see why. My wording was quite sarcastic but the intention behind that was playful rather than harmful. I didn't argue your opinion on the matter.
Quote:
Also, religious people are not delusional. Sure, there is no proof of God, but there isn't any proof that God isn't real, either.

There is no evidence whatsoever that suggests the existence of any deity. Neither is there any evidence supporting any religion in general. On the contrary, any and all "evidence" brought up by cult followers continues to be dismissed as no actual evidence by the scientific community. So, acknowledging the possibility of the existance of, for instance, god is one thing, but actually believing in him is delusional.
Quote:
kinda how you think that the "Only God knows.." lyric is a metaphor.. Okay? What is that a metaphor for?

Nowhere did I say that I think it is meant to be a metaphor. I said it could be. Just to answer your question though, from an atheist perspective 'only god knows' would most certainly be a metaphor for 'nobody knows' or 'no one knows'.
Quote:
What seems ignorant/bad or delusional to you, might be a comforting thought to one, and of course vice versa. Most religious people have good morals and ethics, thus live good lives. Since when was it delusional to be kind to others, and live decently? Just because some people are corrupt and alter "God" or some deities to feel that their personal views, for instance Christians/Catholics (abortion, same-sex marriage, etc.) are right, does not mean everyone feels/does the same thing. Not all people who follow a religion share the same views of the hateful people that you may have come to know. Don't paint everyone with the same brush...

Okay, let me clarify. What I'm saying is believing in any religion is delusional. I'm not saying religious people are delusional in every aspect of their lives and all their views are wrong, and I'm certainly not judging their morals or ethics.
Quote:
You wouldn't think any less of her? Just that she's delusional right? Yeah, that's TOTALLY not thinking any less of someone.

You're writing style is quite aggressive. If finding out someone's view on something was delusional would lower your oppinion of them, that's your thing, but don't put me on the same boat. When I say "I would not think any less of her" it's probably best to assume that is exactly what I mean, just for ease of conversation. Or we can go ahead and both question everything the other says and declare it a lie, but I believe conversation would be quite difficult if we did that.
Quote:
Have you not seen some of the things she has RT, or replied to? They are all very random. Who is to say she won't see it and/or reply? It's just about chance and luck. And I'm pretty sure a million people aren't tweeting at her all day, everyday.

Just in the last hour @utadahikaru has been mentioned 11 times, that is one tweet every 5.45 minutes. Earlier it was 14 tweets an hour (one every 4.29 minutes) and 21 tweets an hour (one every 2.86 minutes). Now how many times does she reply or RT an hour? a day? Are you familiar with the concept of statistics and chance? "They are all very random." and "It's just about chance and luck." is exactly my point. Generally though, if I actually cared about her religious views I would ask her, since it only takes a couple seconds to tweet, but I honestly wouldn't expect a reply. ;)
Posted on: 2012/8/10 21:18
Subject Poster Date
     Re: Does she follow any religion? lolztrunkz 2009/8/5 7:19
       Re: Does she follow any religion? <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 2009/8/6 2:33
     Re: Does she follow any religion? a_kikoo 2009/8/18 11:23
       Re: Does she follow any religion? LoBFCanti 2009/8/18 13:21
         Re: Does she follow any religion? jiaweitheone 2009/10/30 8:34
           Re: Does she follow any religion? percypenn 2009/10/30 11:09
             Re: Does she follow any religion? TurtleFu 2010/10/31 12:38
               Re: Does she follow any religion? bluesfighter09 2010/11/16 10:56
         Re: Does she follow any religion? Elijah 2012/8/7 15:18
     Re: Does she follow any religion? hikkari 2010/12/8 20:26
     Re: Does she follow any religion? Nyaanyaa 2012/8/7 16:53
       Re: Does she follow any religion? gardenhose 2012/8/8 13:33
     Re: Does she follow any religion? Nyaanyaa 2012/8/8 16:23
       Re: Does she follow any religion? Elijah 2012/8/9 3:25
       Re: Does she follow any religion? gardenhose 2012/8/10 16:35
     Re: Does she follow any religion? Nyaanyaa 2012/8/10 21:18
       Re: Does she follow any religion? hikaruomega 2012/8/11 14:06
         Re: Does she follow any religion? Unregistered 2012/8/11 21:06
       Re: Does she follow any religion? Elijah 2012/8/13 6:34
         Re: Does she follow any religion? Idle_mind 2013/9/3 5:33