Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
   Petition for Utada to resume US schedule.

Bottom    Previous Topic    Next Topic
Poster Thread
Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule.
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
I'm not signing this because I don't think it's going to make a difference, myself. I've begun to realize more and more (since the start of her US promotion) that Utada is an extremely introspective artist, and I've stopped expecting her to make appearances or do concerts. She prefers to connect with her fans (if at all) through intangible means- or through her music itself. It's disappointing and saddening, but I doubt I'll ever see Utada in person again, and I've come to terms with that.

But if other Hikki fans think a petition will do the trick, go ahead. Worst case scenario, she gets annoyed and doesn't check the petition. She's a mature woman. I doubt she'll have a hissy fit and refuse to make any more music just because of some online petition. Best case scenario she knows her fans care about her and her work and want to see more of her.

So everyone out there saying "don't even bother"- it isn't demanding to want to see your favorite performer more than once every ten years. It's demanding to assume you have a right to. These fans are just making a request, and that is completely understandable; and I will say that it is fairly rude on Hikki's part to announce promotional plans and then cancel them abruptly with virtually NO follow-up. Not even a blog post saying "Sorry, couldn't make it." Not three words. Nada. Many people made plans and reservations to see her- it's like inviting someone to a party and then having your representative cancel the party for you without so much as a glance their way. It's like something Britney Spears would do (that's right, I said it and I don't regret it). A response isn't that much to ask for. Do we have a right to one? No. Would it be courteous and respectful on Utada's part to assure us that she has some semblance of interest in the people who support her and make her a success? I should say so.

Hikki isn't sick anymore. If she isn't willing to reschedule the appearances, at least the petition might urge her to explain why. I don't think it will personally, but as I said, that shouldn't stop anyone from trying. :/

Shuri/Eli
Posted on: 2009/8/30 1:11
Subject Poster Date
     Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. Unregistered 2009/8/29 10:08
     Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. jagamijs 2009/8/29 10:09
       Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. gantzman246 2009/8/29 10:57
         Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. ~Billy<3'sHikki~ 2009/8/29 18:38
           Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. Unregistered 2009/8/29 20:57
             Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. Unregistered 2009/8/30 0:21
               Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. Shurikid 2009/8/30 1:11
                 Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. jagamijs 2009/8/30 7:33
                   Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. airac 2009/8/30 14:40
                     Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. Unregistered 2009/8/30 16:46
                       Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. aquaticdragons 2009/8/30 19:08
                         Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. LoBFCanti 2009/8/30 21:31
                           Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. aquaticdragons 2009/8/30 23:16
                             Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. Pips_Paradise 2009/8/31 1:08
                               Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. jagamijs 2009/8/31 2:48
                                 Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. Pips_Paradise 2009/8/31 4:13
                             Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. LoBFCanti 2009/8/31 11:48
                               Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. CherrySoda 2009/8/31 14:20
                                 Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. aquaticdragons 2009/8/31 15:59
                                   Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. LoBFCanti 2009/8/31 17:26
                                     Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. aquaticdragons 2009/8/31 18:51
                                       Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. LoBFCanti 2009/9/1 23:52
                                         Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. KH-UH-fan 2009/9/6 11:33
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic