Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
   Petition for Utada to resume US schedule.

Bottom    Previous Topic    Next Topic
Poster Thread
  •  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule.
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
Thank you KH-UH-fan for starting this thread and letting more fans know about the petition ^_^

Now for those who think it?s stupid, pointless or that we are harming, bugging her or forcing her to do something you ASSUME she doesn?t want to do, I find your comments very insulting for us fans who are just trying to voice our support to her.

jagamijs: I don?t see how starting the petition is a stupid action. If so, why do you say that? Isn?t this a normal action that fans take when they want to support/see an artist?

To assume that she wants to take a break is your assumption (maybe others think like you), I?m not saying she does or doesn?t, I?m saying it is something we don?t know as of right now. The only thing we do know is that she doesn?t know what she wants to do (this information was taken from the Hawaii meet and greet with 102.7 Da Bomb).

You say it is too late to release a new single or doing any promotion for the album is pointless because you think the album is "dead", but that is your opinion, some fans may agree with you and some may not. In my opinion it still has potential to succeed in the U.S. I think the promotion that the album received prior and after its release was a lot better than Exodus but I really think it could have been better.

Yes I think album sales are important because that is the greatest way to support an artist for their work and the enjoyment they give you. Even Utada said it in the meet and greet she had in Hawaii, she said she didn?t mind if people download music but she also thinks it is important to buy the artist album if you have the money so you can show your support for that artist. Whether she cares about her own album sales I don?t know.

The petition isn?t going to force others to buy her album, I just want more people to know and enjoy her music. So if you think that I?m being selfish and greedy then yes I am selfish and greedy but that doesn?t mean the petition is something stupid.

gantzman246: Yes this petition might be pointless but we don?t know if it will be pointless or effective.

~Billy<3?sHikki~: idk when and who agreed that ?everyone? decided that her album was over because as you can see, I as well as others don?t think so.

Taiyou: Since when and how is humbly requesting of someone something, demanding?

ghostdog: Excuse me but can you tell me what is it that I?m doing that I need to leave Utada alone? Sorry I don?t see how this is bugging her, when she most likely doesn?t even know this petition exist. I?m sorry if this unknown petition is making her life a living hell.

Shurikid: We respect your decision about not signing the petition and we are thankful that you are not being pessimistic and respecting what other fans are trying to do.

Now for anyone who thinks that the petition will force her to do something she doesn?t want to, remember that is what some of you are assuming that she doesn?t want to continue but the truth is we don?t know. The only thing we know is that she has stated that right now she doesn?t know what she wants to do. So if she herself doesn?t know what she is going or isn?t going to do in the future how on earth would you know what she doesn?t want? The petition will not force her to do anything that she doesn?t want because the final decision will be up to her despite what IDJ and THE DOOR might say.

In addition for anyone who is saying she wants to stop her U.S activities because the fans at the Sephora events scared her, just stop spreading your assumptions and making others think that it?s true. I don?t see what you accomplish by saying such things.

So to anyone who doesn't like the petition, calls it stupid, pointless or whatever just keep it to yourself please and just don't sign the petition. Respect the decision of those who want to sign it just how we respect your decision of not supporting it. Perhaps you haven't realized but I think your pessimistic attitude is disrespectful to our efforts.
Posted on: 2009/8/30 19:08
Subject Poster Date
     Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. Unregistered 2009/8/29 10:08
     Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. jagamijs 2009/8/29 10:09
       Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. gantzman246 2009/8/29 10:57
         Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. ~Billy<3'sHikki~ 2009/8/29 18:38
           Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. Unregistered 2009/8/29 20:57
             Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. Unregistered 2009/8/30 0:21
               Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. Shurikid 2009/8/30 1:11
                 Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. jagamijs 2009/8/30 7:33
                   Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. airac 2009/8/30 14:40
                     Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. Unregistered 2009/8/30 16:46
                       Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. aquaticdragons 2009/8/30 19:08
                         Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. LoBFCanti 2009/8/30 21:31
                           Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. aquaticdragons 2009/8/30 23:16
                             Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. Pips_Paradise 2009/8/31 1:08
                               Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. jagamijs 2009/8/31 2:48
                                 Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. Pips_Paradise 2009/8/31 4:13
                             Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. LoBFCanti 2009/8/31 11:48
                               Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. CherrySoda 2009/8/31 14:20
                                 Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. aquaticdragons 2009/8/31 15:59
                                   Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. LoBFCanti 2009/8/31 17:26
                                     Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. aquaticdragons 2009/8/31 18:51
                                       Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. LoBFCanti 2009/9/1 23:52
                                         Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. KH-UH-fan 2009/9/6 11:33
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic