Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
   Petition for Utada to resume US schedule.

Bottom    Previous Topic    Next Topic
Poster Thread
  •  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule.
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
Jagamijs: At the moment fans don?t know what she is currently doing so why jump to that conclusion so quick? How can this petition be interrupting her new work (Supposing she is currently working on one, just like you are assuming)?

If she was currently working on something new, like you are assuming, this wouldn?t in any way interrupt her work because she wouldn?t know about it until it reaches the hands of her management and if they show it to her. But as you can see the petition will need time (which will definitely take several months!) to collect an adequate number of signatures. Even when it has collected a sufficient number of signatures, it wouldn?t be sent off right away either, first we would have to look at all the current things, if she is working on something new, promoting a new work, is sick, on break etc. We would want to send the petition at a time where we would feel it would be best, not interrupting her work, and when the petition has a higher chance of being looked at by her management and if possible her.

Yes promotion would be expensive, but if the results outweigh these costs then it would be worth it. Like the saying goes ?there is no such thing as a free meal,? so don?t be expecting her to become famous without the effort or having to spend money to have better promotion. If Utada made it to #69 on the Billboard top 200 albums with ?This is the One? I believe she has more than a 10% chance of placing within #100 spots.

You know I would definitely love to hear new work from Utada as well.

But as Pips_Paradise says I would definitely love to see her finish what she has started here in the U.S. I strongly believe she has that ?it? that can break into the mainstream market. I think her aim from the start was the wider audience in the U.S that listens to mainstream music. If she didn?t have that as her goal she could have just made her album with a different genre of music or experimental like exodus or even much less hire a company that would help in her promotional activities. I honestly think that those of you who don?t agree with the petition is because you don?t see these efforts that she is trying to make to reach that audience, and therefore start thinking that she has given up and doesn?t want to continue with anything related to this album.

LoBFCanti: Don?t you think it?s a struggle for every artist who releases an album especially for those who just debut (although this is her second attempt) to have the album reach the charts? She hired THE DOOR for her promotional activities because that is what she wanted, some promotion for her album otherwise why would she and her management themselves hire THE DOOR instead of IDJ? If she hired it?s obvious she had to pay, but seriously like I said before ?there is no such thing as a free meal? so don?t expect her to not struggle or not have to spend money if she wants to see results. The least we can do is try to reach back to her and tell her in whatever form that we support her and her struggle isn?t in vain. Aside from buying the album some of us think the petition is a good way to express that.

You know when we saw her at the Sephora event in Los Angeles she certainly didn?t look disappointed when she was told that her album was already at number 4 on Itunes, she seemed very happy, look at the youtube videos. For the events she had prior the physical release she looked happy, perhaps a bit tired from traveling but not disappointed. Traveling for consecutive days can be very exhausting, and I say that from experience.

"If I don't make it with this album,I think this is it." In what interview did she say this?

Of course sponsors are important, but you know there are several ways to get sponsors, her personal management can try getting them themselves, IDJ can get her sponsors or even her promotional company can get her sponsors, of course it will be hard to get sponsors but not impossible. If the petition reaches a good number of signatures it may catch the interest of possible sponsors seeing how she already has a fanbase and has potential to make it grow.

Yes I seriously think playing more of her work on the radio can make a difference. I mean how many ppl will buy an album just from hearing one song? I know I don?t, so I?m sure others don?t either. Of course there should be more promotion but what good is it if ppl don?t hear her music or even much less know about her?

The only thing that I have decided is to start this petition. I do recognize that there a lot of possible outcomes but I have not once said or decided that any outcome whether good or bad is definite. I and some other fans actually want to try and see what outcome will come of this attempt rather than concluding that it?s pointless based on their own assumptions without even attempting. There?s nothing wrong with people putting 2 and 2 together. Common sense does wonders. Yes you?re right it does wonders.

CherrySoda: We?re just asking ppl that are interested to sign it and if interested come into this thread and talk about it, giving some ideas on how to promote it, or things that should be edited in the petition. So I don?t see why ppl who think it?s pointless have to come in here and say it and discourage other fans? All we ask of ppl like you is to not come in here bash on what we are doing by saying it?s pointless. I?m not saying you have to stop thinking it, but do you seriously need to come in here and say it? If you think its pointless don?t sign it and don?t talk about it if it?s so pointless cuz it would only be a waste of your time. Stop your bickering. It?s not rocket science.

Like I said b4 some of you think that it?s over for "This is the One" and/or her U.S career but some of us disagree, but you don?t see us telling you ?you?re wrong! The petition is the right thing to do? unlike you who are telling us ?This petition is pointless, stupid, blah blah blah? We?re not asking you to join us, all we?re saying is, just respect our decision and stop insulting the efforts we?re making. Stop coming into this thread if you don?t like the petition or think the album is a ?FLOP? go make another thread of how the ?petition is a pointless? or how ?This is the One failed.? This way you won?t bother us fans who think otherwise.
Posted on: 2009/8/31 15:59
Subject Poster Date
     Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. Unregistered 2009/8/29 10:08
     Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. jagamijs 2009/8/29 10:09
       Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. gantzman246 2009/8/29 10:57
         Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. ~Billy<3'sHikki~ 2009/8/29 18:38
           Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. Unregistered 2009/8/29 20:57
             Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. Unregistered 2009/8/30 0:21
               Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. Shurikid 2009/8/30 1:11
                 Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. jagamijs 2009/8/30 7:33
                   Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. airac 2009/8/30 14:40
                     Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. Unregistered 2009/8/30 16:46
                       Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. aquaticdragons 2009/8/30 19:08
                         Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. LoBFCanti 2009/8/30 21:31
                           Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. aquaticdragons 2009/8/30 23:16
                             Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. Pips_Paradise 2009/8/31 1:08
                               Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. jagamijs 2009/8/31 2:48
                                 Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. Pips_Paradise 2009/8/31 4:13
                             Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. LoBFCanti 2009/8/31 11:48
                               Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. CherrySoda 2009/8/31 14:20
                                 Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. aquaticdragons 2009/8/31 15:59
                                   Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. LoBFCanti 2009/8/31 17:26
                                     Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. aquaticdragons 2009/8/31 18:51
                                       Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. LoBFCanti 2009/9/1 23:52
                                         Re: Petition for Utada to resume US schedule. KH-UH-fan 2009/9/6 11:33
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic