Poster Thread
  •  JudgeJamster
      JudgeJamster
Re: LOST
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18 / M / Salem, Oregon
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:
one of the worst parts about LOST is that they are constantly -cough- removing -cough- characters for the sake of actors that need or want to move on to other projects, and they do it in the absolute dumbest ways possible. Just look at Ana Lucia (Michelle Rodriguez only signed for one season, so naturally they have to bring Libby in, too?). Same with Eko and Shannon. And now Juliet. I don't know why, but it really detracts from the show every time they off a character just to free up an actor's schedule. In fact, the ONLY deaths in LOST that have ever seemed truly necessary and really affected me were Boone's and Alex's, the latter being by far the superior scene.

Not sure about Ana and Libby, but Shannon's death was totally intentional. It was planned before they even started filming Season 2. Same with Juliet. Elizabeth Mitchell was devastated after Season 5 because Juilet's death was planned. I remember an interview Mitchell did a while back explained how she cried for hours the night she found out Juliet was going to die. Only reason why she is on V is because she didn't have LOST anymore.

As for Eko, well. Adwale, the actor wanted to go back to London because of his parents dying or something. As for others....well, Charlotte is going to be in Season 6, as well as Faraday, so I think their deaths were intentional.

Anyway, just saying that not as many characters were killed off for that reason as you may think.

Anyway, did anyone watch this nights episode? *SPOILERS*

I loved tonights episode. Seeing Helen back after so long was great, but it was also so sad seeing what Locke's life could have been if he wasn't fated to get to the Island. Seeing the little connections with Hurley and Rose was awesome too!

In terms of the real timeline, I thought tonight was interesting.....the whole wall with all the names of supposed "candidates" was creepy. I was on DarkUFO earlier and they have found these last names crossed out on the wall...

Carlyle (That is Boone)
Rutherford (Shannon)
Linus (Ben or his father Roger)
Lewis (Charlotte)
Littleton (Claire)
Goodspeed (Horace or Ethan)
Pace (Charlie)
Possibly Faraday (Daniel)
Possibly Rousseu (The French woman)
Straumhe (sp?) (Miles)

And there were many other characters last names written, everywhere from major characters to even the guy who got sucked into the propeller of the plane in the first episode. What is interesting though is that Kate is not written there.
Posted on: 2010/2/17 1:16
Subject Poster Date
     Re: LOST Shurikid 2010/2/16 0:40
       Re: LOST JudgeJamster 2010/2/16 0:50
         Re: LOST Shurikid 2010/2/16 1:10
           Re: LOST JudgeJamster 2010/2/17 1:16
             Re: LOST purefault 2010/12/26 23:40
     Re: LOST BokuWaDevil光 2010/2/16 3:10
     Re: LOST ayehunny 2010/2/16 3:24
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic