Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
   Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market.

Bottom    Previous Topic    Next Topic
Poster Thread
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market.
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

DEEPRlVER wrote:
Why do you think all those dumb generic kpop groups are trying to make it in Japan if Korea is so great?

They aren't trying to make it big in Japan. Kpop groups release their music in Japan for their Japanese fans, not the fame. All they do is translate their most popular song and re-release their album (which stays in Korean).

I don't really think so. 4Minute had a few fans in Japan before they started to enter the Japanese market. And why is it that after they saw the big success of Tohoshinki and BoA several Korean artists tried to enter Japan. Even though their fanbase weren't that big enough. It's just the same if Asian artists try to make it in America. America has a huge market, Japan has the 2nd.

You have proven my point. 4Minute released their first Japanese single on May 5. Let me inform you that this single only had one Japanese song on it, which was the most popular of theirs at the time. The rest was in Korean. On May 8, they held a concert and reports say that the tickets were sold out in a short period of time. Do you really consider that a few fans?

As for Korean artists following Tohoshinki and BoA, there were other Kpop artists in Japan before them. The Korean Girl S.E.S. released 3 albums before Tohoshinki and BoA. Also, there were several kpop artists who debuted in Japan before Tohoshinki. Some of them are: BoA (obviously), Rain, and Se7en. No one is going to Japan because of the success of other artists. So what's your reason now?

An example to prove my point:
Korean singer Rain re-released his mini-album, Back To The Basic(which only had one Japanese song on it, which was the most popular from the album) in Japan and then held a series of concerts through Japan for his Japanese fans. He said he chose the Zepp's because he wanted it to be a close and intimate time with his fans. He didn't have to release the album in Japan, but he did, for the fans in Japan. He wasn't trying to garner sales. Now, that's what I call, "for the fans", don't you think?

And as for this ⇩:
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Just wtf it is to have released an album, then it will have a version a, b, c, *sadkljasldjaowudasd|*----z. (I'm exaggerating) after those versions, singles will be released. Pathetic marketing strategy. Only those insane fans would buy their crap.

How is that a pathetic marketing strategy? They do it, not only in Korea, but in America and Japan, too. Some artists who do it are: Tohoshinki, Koda Kumi, Ayumi Hamasaki, MEG, BoA, and a LOTmore others. The equivalent of Korea's "Version A, B, and C" is Japan's "CD, CD+DVD, CD+2DVD, and CD+random items". So, you must think it's pathetic that Utada Hikaru does it too, correct?
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/8/16 11:21
Subject Poster Date
     Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. Sakura'10 2010/8/5 4:29
       Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. Unregistered 2010/8/5 19:18
         Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. Dark_Armed_Dragon 2010/8/5 22:06
     Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. Unregistered 2010/8/5 5:49
       Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. kayoko 2010/8/5 16:46
         Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. Dark_Armed_Dragon 2010/8/5 18:26
         Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. LoBFCanti 2010/8/5 18:35
       Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. soulhunter14 2010/8/8 11:02
     Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. GIGAcorrupt 2010/8/5 23:54
       Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. SwallowTail 2010/8/6 2:58
     Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. Polyrhythm 2010/8/6 14:43
       Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. Sakura'10 2010/8/6 14:49
         Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. percypenn 2010/8/6 20:05
           Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. Unregistered 2010/8/7 20:06
       Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. Jiremi 2010/8/15 16:39
         Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. soulhunter14 2010/8/16 2:09
           Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. Pips_Paradise 2010/8/16 6:53
             Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. soulhunter14 2010/8/16 9:07
           Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. Jiremi 2010/8/16 11:21
             Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. pompon 2010/8/16 12:51
               Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. Jiremi 2010/8/16 16:14
                 Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. pompon 2010/8/17 0:33
                   Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. Unregistered 2010/9/15 21:36
             Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. soulhunter14 2010/8/16 21:50
               Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. Unregistered 2010/8/16 22:33
                 Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. soulhunter14 2010/8/16 22:37
     Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. soulhunter14 2010/8/8 10:59
     Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. laijunjie14 2010/8/15 3:25
       Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. soulhunter14 2010/8/15 7:52
       Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. conkwe 2010/8/15 12:23
     Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market. mistykz 2010/8/15 13:56
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic